PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried this?

Necronopticous
10-28-2004, 12:29 AM
The first time I played through Final Fantasy IX I remember I got stuck at Gizamaluke's Grotto because Gizamaluke just seemed too tough. Finally after I leveled up for awhile outside I tried again and still had trouble so I figured I HAD to have missed something, I went back searching the chocobo's forest and south gate and finally Qu's Marsh. I then realized that Qu's Marsh was MORE than just one screen, but you could go back into the bushes and eventually get Quina. I am playing through the game again and passed this part a few hours back and it got me thinking.... I know if you leveled up enough you could beat Gizamaluke without picking up Quina... My question is, has anyone ever tried this? What happens? How far can you go before actually having to pick up Quina? I mean... s/he is sort of essential to the story so I know s/he will make a forced entry into the party one way or the other, my question is where and how?

Anyone with experience please post.

If no one knows, it looks like it's time for me to find out, even if this is a good 9-10 hours into the game.

Chris
10-28-2004, 01:00 AM
I did this the first time through, although not on purpose.
Come to think of it...I don't really remember when I picked her up?

This is a very good thread Necronopticous :D

Necronopticous
10-28-2004, 01:08 AM
This is a very good thread Necronopticous :D

YOU FOOL! My threads are MAGNIFICENT! They're long and dark and shine from the light that comes from within! Can't you see?

I'm kidding, THANK YOU for the kind words. So are you saying that you did the same thing that I did? Or did you actually beat Gizamaluke without picking up Quina?

Chris
10-28-2004, 01:13 AM
I beat Gizamaluke the first time without Quina.
At that time I didn't even know that Quina existed?

Big D
10-28-2004, 06:32 AM
First time I played, I got Quina before I even reached Gizamaluke's Grotto.

You can avoid getting Quina until disc 2, if you really want. S/he doesn't have to join the party until you're looking for Fossil Roo, that stupidly-named tunnel to the outer continent.

Armisael
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
the first time i played the game i beat Gizamaluke without Quina..it was pretty difficult though..i didn't know that Quina existed in this part of the game,i thought that i would take her to disc 2..and then i saw my brother beating Gizamaluke with Quina in his team and i asked him and he told me..

Necronopticous
10-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Hmm, I guess you would have to pick up Quina when you went to Fossil Roo on disc 2, weird...

Anyway, I discovered something else yesterday, in case you were ever wondering, if you level up enough Dagger can use her eidolons before they're extracted from her body.

Carnage
10-30-2004, 01:16 AM
I think i got quina on disc 3. i know i didnt have her on disc 1 and i had her on that part where you could have her marry vivi.

whale whisker
10-30-2004, 09:28 PM
The first time I played through Final Fantasy IX I remember I got stuck at Gizamaluke's Grotto because Gizamaluke just seemed too tough. Finally after I leveled up for awhile outside I tried again and still had trouble so I figured I HAD to have missed something, I went back searching the chocobo's forest and south gate and finally Qu's Marsh. I then realized that Qu's Marsh was MORE than just one screen, but you could go back into the bushes and eventually get Quina. I am playing through the game again and passed this part a few hours back and it got me thinking.... I know if you leveled up enough you could beat Gizamaluke without picking up Quina... My question is, has anyone ever tried this? What happens? How far can you go before actually having to pick up Quina? I mean... s/he is sort of essential to the story so I know s/he will make a forced entry into the party one way or the other, my question is where and how?

Anyone with experience please post.

If no one knows, it looks like it's time for me to find out, even if this is a good 9-10 hours into the game.

When the party realises that they must reach the Outher continent regent Sid tells to Zidane and the others that the only way to get there on foot is located in some kind of swamp.That swamp is Qu's marsh.But you can only find the way by having Quina in your party and go to the bushes that are in the left part of the marsh and then Quina says that he smells frogs and goes to the ruins that lead to the Outher continent :tongue: