PDA

View Full Version : Squeemish?

theundeadhero
10-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Who here feels like they would be too squeemish to give somebody a shot? I'm asking because today in my Combat Lifesaver class I had to Administer an I.V. into someone. The actual procedure is pretty easy but a lot of people seemed pretty squeemish when it came to doing it. What do you think? Could you put a hole in someones vein and pump fluids into it? :Oo:

(Sidenote: The guy who practiced on me missed my vien twice so now I have 2 random holes in my arms. It was kindA funny when he did get it right though, cuase when he removed the syringe to hook up the tube, my blood went *squirt* out the hole and landed on the floor halfway across the room!)

Logan
10-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Needles make me want to throw up. :) So no.

Giga Guess
10-28-2004, 05:29 AM
Nope. Not that I'm too squeamish....it's the caffiene induced Parkinsons. Trust me. There'd be more than 2 random holes.

Calliope
10-28-2004, 06:37 AM
I'd take a bullet, but wouldn't fire unless it was in self-defense.

Yamaneko
10-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Or you could practice preemptive self defense!

As for needles, I've never given anyone a shot, so I can't say I'd be squeemish.

Meat Puppet
10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I poke myself with needles all the time, so doing it to someone else would be just as - if not slightly more than - fun. Of course, I'd probably screw up because I'm stupid and the person would end up getting their arm amputated.

Shlup
10-28-2004, 10:32 AM
I've never had to give anyone a shot, but being around diabetics and getting regular shots myself has probably made me fine with it.

Triple T
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
No, not really. It's not like I'm getting it, so why worry? All you do is *poke* the person. (=

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
ill have to try to see.....depends o the first experience of doing it....my aunt went to hospital and the DOCTOR missed alot....it looked bad...

Rostum
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
I'd hate to have to give someone a needle into their chest/heart.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I think I'd be fine with it, yeah. It's just a needle.

theundeadhero
10-28-2004, 05:00 PM
I had no real problem with it. Definately a little nervous sticking someone for the first time, but not squeemish. Now, when he went to stick me, that was a different story. I have no problems getting shots or anything, but when some guy who's never stuck anyone before is about to put holes in me shaking like a million miles an hour, I was totally squimish. And let me tell you, it hurt. A lot! More than my anthrax shot.