PDA

View Full Version : good quotes

Carnage
10-28-2004, 08:39 PM
I dont know if we haveone of theses but im startin one. they can be funny, intelligent, scary, anything.

These are just things my princible has said from the last 2 years.

"If your phones are not working please call the main office again if your phones are not working please call the main office."

*this happend when someone pulled the fire alarm*
"Please students do not panic just listen to my announcements and if you cant hear me please move closer to the loudspeaker.

This ones from my sig
"Heres to alcohol the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems"

ZeZipster
10-28-2004, 09:15 PM
"Personally, I'm into hardcore corn"
"garbagey, the garbage can that really can."
"Gambling is like doing drugs, it only works if you sniff it."
"Man + Heater = Hot"
"Fetus sounds like feet us"
"The Saxaphones and the French Horns were good friends... We were always Saxy and they were always Horny"
"I'd like a house built out of duct tape, because then I wouldn't have to duct tape my windows for hurricanes"
"I'd have to say he sucks. But what he sucks, however, is not to be disclosed."
"It's funny how people who watch CNN also have a tendency to fart out of their mouths instead of talking"

Not my personal favorites, but they're what's on this random person's random quotes (and happen to make sense for those who don't go on IRC and when they're taken out of context.).

TasteyPies
10-28-2004, 09:20 PM
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for thiers" ~General Patton

Jebus
10-28-2004, 09:32 PM
*Patton

"You cannot shake hands with a closed fist" -Indira Gandhi

"When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering (Yes, he was a Nazi. But its rather eerie.)

Chris
10-28-2004, 10:08 PM
*So I didn't make it over the rainbow, so what! Lots of people don't* - Judy Garland.

*We never had any money, but that didn't seem to face momma! We always lived like millionaires* - Liza Minnelli.

*I don't like to label people -after all, we're all humans* - Lorna Luft.

Skogs
10-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Einstein was a dude.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

One particularly relevant for me:

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" -- Albert Einstein

And something a bit more confrontational - but something I very much agree with:

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein

Chris
10-28-2004, 11:23 PM
*When you've been through Herbert and J. Edgar Hoover, anything else is a laugh* - Millicent Martin.

Shlup
10-28-2004, 11:29 PM
I recently started collecting my favorite quotes.

Here're a couple of good ones, though I don't know who said them:

"Your freedom to swing your arm ends where my nose begins."

"This is not a black and white world. To be alive, I say the colors must swirl and I believe that maybe today, we will get to appreciate the beauty of gray."

Dingo Jellybean
10-28-2004, 11:30 PM
"There are two infinities. Human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not so sure about the latter." - Albert Einstein

This one isn't really a quote, but it's a hilarious "law" that my physics professor told us:

"Think dammit!" - Pine's Law.

CloudSquallandZidane
10-29-2004, 07:11 AM
"No more tears, now i will think about revenge." - Mary Queen of Scots

"Dont be so tolerant, that you tolerate intolerance." - Bill Mauher

"Its a cash and carry world, sometimes you pay a little sometimes you pay alot and sometimes its all you've got."

Yamaneko
10-29-2004, 07:28 AM
<i>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.</i> ~Groucho Marx

Triple T
10-29-2004, 01:00 PM
"I'll sign!
Jusin"

-Anonymous

EDIT: If Denamark is viewing this thread, don't quote me plz. :(

Cloud_Strife_X
10-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Me and square_is_the_best have a book of random things we say, so here's a few:
"E-News are just Emus with more feathers"
'If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd have two pennys."
We also made a few words...
SITB made: Prizimated
and I made: PhasePhatical.
Here's a sentence so you can get the meanings..
"Life is phasephatical except when it's Prizimated.

Cloud_Strife_X
10-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Me and square_is_the_best have a book of random things we say, so here's a few:
"E-News are just Emus with more feathers"
'If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd have two pennys."
We also made a few words...
SITB made: Prizimated
and I made: PhasePhatical.
Here's a sentence so you can get the meanings..
"Life is phasephatical except when it's Prizimated".

Craig
10-30-2004, 01:02 AM
If I don't move you can't see me!
That's Dinosaurs
I'm a Dinosaur you can't see me!

Glendon
10-30-2004, 01:19 AM
"The sky is blue, the grass is green, get off your a**, and join the Marines" - John Wayne

"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb" - Dark Helmet (Space Balls)

sephxangel
10-30-2004, 02:21 AM
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

"To live the creative life you must first lose your fear of being wrong."

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."
George Carlin

"In case of dissension, never dare to judge till you've heard the other side."
Euripides

"What I give form to in daylight is only one per cent of what I have seen in darkness."
M. C. Escher

These are some of my favorite quotes...theres more but i think will do for now.

Mo-Nercy
10-30-2004, 08:38 AM
"The best things in life can't be seen. That's why our eyes are closed when we kiss and dream." ~ Some guy I need to thank for giving me the cheesiest line to use on my girlfriend.

The Captain
10-30-2004, 09:08 AM
"Quote me as being misquoted." - Groucho Marx, the king of one-liners.

Take care all.

Silmaril
10-30-2004, 11:38 AM
"Look not upon others for encouragement but upon yourself for achievement."

Meat Puppet
10-30-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm only going out for a second
--Jack Donald, before he shot himself

Giga Guess
10-30-2004, 06:43 PM
"At first your dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
~Christopher Reeves, R.I.P.

"Normal is in the eye of the beholder."
~Whoopi Goldberg

Tanwen Strife
10-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Immature poest imitate, mature poets steal - T.S.Elliot
Money can't buy you friends, but you get a better class of enemy - Spike Milligan.
Try to relax and enjoy the the Crisis - Ashliegh Brilliant
When did I relise I was god? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realised I was talking to myself - Peter O'Toole
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission - Cecile Stewart
I'm not in denial. I'm just selecytive about the reality I accept - Calvin
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Kirobaito
10-31-2004, 02:24 AM
From my sig, "Nonconformity is all the rage these days." - Del Snizz