PDA

View Full Version : What made you be [I]able[/I] to win trhe game?

Black Roses
10-28-2004, 09:53 PM
For me..ORLANDU!
Once i got him...playing was a breeze!
The excalibur was awsome
his skills were awsome
...hmmm, what else was awsome 'bout him?

Lachlan
10-29-2004, 02:41 AM
yeah, orlando makes the game easy.
but so do alot of things if used correctly.
but yeah, orlando even when used incorectly lol.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Cloud and Beowulf were more useful to me than Orlandu was. Cloud was using Climhazzard to hit 999, and Beowulf was dishing out about 600 with his drain. Orlandu was only hitting 200-300, about what Ramza was doing with his two swords.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-30-2004, 02:25 AM
I'll give credit to My ramza and the two male generic units that had all mastered. Screw you, Orlandu. =P

UltimaLimit
10-30-2004, 03:03 AM
Yeah... Orlandu's really strong. But when you've got a rampaging Bone Snatch that absolutely refuses to die, a Sacred who once achieved 999 a hit, a Red Chocobo... Let alone Ramza and my insanely strong generic Knight, and my Lancer/Monk. And that Time Mage of mine who was taking on 3 Knights physically (and winning) earlier today. I could go on. Let's hear it for the generic units and the beasts! *Throws Stone at Orlandu* :greenking :tongue:

Fate Fatale
10-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Ummm I think the Dragon lady (I can't remeber her name my PSone is broken and I haven't played in awhile), Cloud, Agrais, Olandu, and my Priest/chemist were my best party members. Of course I havent played in awhile and I have many diffrent game saves.

Ragnarok
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Yes, Orlandu is very strong. So strong, in fact, that I almost consider it cheating to use him so I never do. The thing that always wins it for me is my counter abilities. Auto Potion used correctly and Blade Grasp will get you so much farther than Orlandu ever will, and if you want to go all out, equip Orlandu himself with one of these. Undoubtedly you would then be unstoppable, even if it was just him and Ramza, assuming that Ramza is also built very strong.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-31-2004, 03:32 AM
Everyone that says Orlandu's cheap and boring:

High five!

Huzzah for generic units!

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 03:39 AM
What made me able to win the game?

Using stat boosting moves like Cheer hundreds of times during the final boss' first form then owning him with suped up characters in his final form.

Owned.

Del Murder
10-31-2004, 05:31 AM
Two sword and math skill were my keys to victory.

UltimaLimit
11-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Using stat boosting moves like Cheer hundreds of times during the final boss' first form then owning him with suped up characters in his final form.
Just do that in mundane random battles BEFORE the boss, then come at Altimus with units with Brave 97 out of battle. Use the time you'd spend on Cheer Up using Scream instead.

Auto Potion used correctly and Blade Grasp will get you so much farther than Orlandu ever will
I train obsessively in random battles (I know every square inch of Mandalia Plains by heart :p ), so I rarely, if ever, need those skills. I prefer Counter or Counter Flood, or Dragon Spirit and Sunken State if I do need any defense. I agree with you partly, I rarely use Orlandu--usually I'll bring him into the important battles as a "panic button", just in case I get in trouble. (Which I rarely do.)

Stimpy141
11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=NewBlackMage]Ummm I think the Dragon lady (I can't remeber her name my PSone is broken and I haven't played in awhile)QUOTE]

Reis.

BG-57
11-03-2004, 10:44 PM
I mastered every character in every class up to level 99. Even Cloud and generic characters. Math Skills are easier to use that way.

Ouch!
11-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Get accumulate with all my characters. Get a black mage with the frog spell. Get a monk with chakra.

Kill all monsters except one. Cast frog on the last monster. Get your characters in + shape on the grid with the monk using chakra every turn. Everyone else uses accumulate. Repeat for however long you can without a. getting horribly bored, b. going insane.

UltimaLimit
11-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Leveling Up For The Bored And Curious

But I like the Frog idea too. And the thread was started pre-Beowulf for me. As soon as I get Chicken... Maybe I'll have Beowulf as Thief/Temple Knight to team up with the Mediator...

BTW, if you didn't know, have a low-level generic unit (like one from the Soldier's office) throw stones/dash at a high-level unit like Ramza. They get tons of EXP (50-70) and level up every couple turns. It's even better than Accumulate, provided whoever's getting stoned (pardon the expression) can heal.

Msilver
11-16-2004, 04:15 PM
a couple of things...

Holy Explosion. man that's fun to abuse.

Nameless Dance. sometime near the end, there's a battle with a whole bunch of big dragony things... *Frog* *blind* *stop* *slow* *sleep* :D

Equip Armour. fun as crap for my summoner.

Jolts
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
BTW, if you didn't know, have a low-level generic unit (like one from the Soldier's office) throw stones/dash at a high-level unit like Ramza. They get tons of EXP (50-70) and level up every couple turns. It's even better than Accumulate, provided whoever's getting stoned (pardon the expression) can heal.
That's how I level up Cloud.

dodhungry
11-16-2004, 11:58 PM
I have only beaten the game once but my billions of other files could easily beat it in no time flat. I like the two chaos blade on a generic knight myself. :rolleyes2 But if you have a knight with two swords ability he/she I do believe will punch twice and that always worked just as well (assuming its a high level knight) Like I said I use generic units unless of course its in the deep dungeon or an area with only cheap chocobos

xalen
11-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Four Priests using White Magic/Math Skills wear Chameleon Robes and Ramza using Samurai/Squire with Two-Sworded Ragnarok and Excalibur. Mastered Math Skill to Holy everybody in the room and because Chameoleon Robes and Excalibur absorb Holy you heal everybody in your party for about 500 from each Priest and do about 500 to each opponent.

BudSoda02
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
I had all but 3 generic units level 99. (3 females) I even just put those three in at level 90 with a job of being a dancer. Their physical, status & healing abilities all worked to perfection. 'He' stood no chance against me. Although I preferred to have a party of Cloud, Worker 8, two mastered female generic Knights (the ones you get from Agrias), & Orlandu or Agrias. Although I liked Agrias a lot, but then I liked Orlandu a lot too, so it's really a tie. I'll take the one that's mastered usually.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

UltimaLimit
12-10-2004, 03:53 AM
I was getting the crap beat out of me because I brought Ramza plus 4 animals. (Red Chocobo, Sacred, Blue Dragon, Hydra, all around L50-70 except the dragon.) My main guy was Petrified, Red Choco and Hydra were dead and gone, my Sacred was in deep shiza himself, my Blue Dragon was a frog, and Alma had no MP, so bye-bye MBarrier. (The bitch--she didn't even have the guts to bop Altima on the head with her staff for 6 damage a pop.) :mad2: Anyway, just when I was about to lose, my Blue Dragon turned Frog hopped over, attacked head-on (poor odds of success), and lo and behold, the dragon/frog hit Altima for 22 damage and killed him! Give the frog a raise!

:excited: :trout: :smash: :beer: :laughing: :shoot: :chop: :twak:

(Ok, ok, enough smilies.)