PDA

View Full Version : The japanese fought till 1970?!?

mecharmor23
10-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Check this link out. Remaining japanese soldiers continue to fight after WWII.

http://www.wanpela.com/holdouts/registry.html

The thing I don't understand is that why are these warcriminals are treated so humanly when they are found. That is unjust, because all japanese soldiers are racists that want to kill everyone that is non-japanese.

Never in the history of all mankind, has a japanese soldier treated anyone humanly ever. Why are they not punished? Yet we continue to catch nazi war criminals but how come japanese war criminals are let go?

They are still fighting to the 70's?

BTW, I don't hate the japanese people. But rather only the whole army of japan in the 1940s because they show no mercy to humans. Even today, the survivors thought it is fun to kill for no reason at all. The Japanese army by far the most racist and genocidal of any army in all of mankind. I don't hate the general people, just the army guys.

Don't take me offensively please.

I am acting like this because I just finished studying on the Japanese version of the holocaust. It appears to be worst that hitler's holocaust because of the experiments done on humans by the japanese where much worst. And besides, I am talking about military personnel only not civilians of japan.

Why are they so thick and racist?

Am I wrong about the japanese army? Please correct me if I am so. I am so frustrated because these guys are getting honored and compensated to life time vacation instead of being put in slammer.

Do you think there is any chance that their SDF will turn into something worst??

I don't know why I am feeling so angered and shocked when reading about what they have done. Would I be disrespecting those that are killed attrocities if I continue my obsession with japanese food and japanese RPGs?? That is what I fear.

I really want to sympathsize for those killed in the attrocities by the Japanese army. But would honoring people whos grandfathers have killed them defeat that purpose??

Besides I am also having a bit of peer pressure here, because some people I know have grand parents and relatives that are victims in multiple asian countries. They think that my obsession for japanese electronics is all part of a brainwashing scheme and that I am disgracing those that are killed by japanese for being an anime and video game fan. sigh..........

BTW i am not encouraging hatred of any sort. I would welcome corrections. Where was I misunderstood? explain.

Dingo Jellybean
10-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Remember, because they fight for their country, they'll almost always get favorable treatment. Doesn't matter what atrocities you've made, you'll usually get favorable treatment from your own government. This is where patriotism goes too far.

I never liked racist people, and I agree...this world doesn't need them. If they truly are racist, they can die for all I care, they won't be around to waste taxpayers' money.

As for anime/videogames being a brainwashing scheme...it is. Just like patriotism is. Patriotism wants you to like their country so much you're willing to die for them. Anime/Videogames, like any other industry, wants you to like them so much that you'll spend your hard earned money on it...and it works.

But anime sucks anyways...so yeah.

Peegee
10-29-2004, 06:06 AM
This is an odd question to ask, but what makes you so sure that anti-racism is something that everybody must adhere to, considering the basis of most people's rationale is that 'we do it too'. I'm well aware of the ontological argument that all humans are alike and all that, but that doesn't mean that just because you've figured it out that everybody has to follow suit.

I don't see America going into other countries and forcing technological and medical advances either. Is this pick and choose day to spread a bizarre form of bigotry?

Okay enough rambling. I just can't conceive of the idea of forcing somebody who's not even in your country to live a certain way.

As for Japanese soldiers still serving well into the 70's, the first paragraph tells you. It's call pride, honour, chauvinism (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chauvinism)...etc. I think as a generalisation Americans don't mind being patriotic but don't let it become the core mentality in their thinking. I tend to think the Japanese do, and somebody with some knowledge of Japanese history could probably tell you a quite valid reason for that.

But I can't. I just know it's in their culture to be xenophobic. Maybe it has to do with its treatment in the past from imperialist britain. *shrug*

Erased
10-29-2004, 07:41 AM
First off, the word racist is way over-used, and thus has become an "ugly" word. "Racism: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others." We all have prejudices, beleive it or not. That doesn't make us racist though. (Although it has now come to mean more along the lines of a prejudice or discrimination.)

Next, before you call a culture inhumane (although it was stated as "humanly treated", I'll get to that), you really have to understand it. For a society that, in the past, has valued honor above all else (I say "in the past" because I have yet to find out if they still do) it's really quite reasonable what they do. Really, look at America. Some American's have done some really terrible things over <i>sports</i> Sports! That's insane! I think someone would rather die or fight for honor than for some sort of sport.

I think I'd have to agree that in many cases outside of Japan (and inside) patrotism goes <i>way to far</i>. Before you decide to go against something, analyze it from all angles. (You may decide to attack some country because it has soldiers marching around your city, just like Iraq did. Of course, Saddam/Iraq practiced tyranny on it's own people. That alone may very well justify a war.) After you've analyzed it from each angle, then decide which one fits your beleifs. Even if you arrive at the same point as before, you at least know the other viewpoints.

gokufusionss1
10-29-2004, 09:52 AM
But I can't. I just know it's in their culture to be xenophobic. Maybe it has to do with its treatment in the past from imperialist britain. *shrug*

nope we never had anything to do with japan there was no money to be made, it's china we were intrested in. Infact the only western interferance on japan was by the USA in 1901 when the american navy shelled tokyo harbour in an effort to force Japan to trade with america, an act for which the japanese saw pearl harbour as revenge.

Peegee
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Well somebody from the west had to have settled into Japan centuries ago. They didn't just suddenly get all that technology from themselves, that much I know.

I don't know how historically accurate 'the last samurai' is, but that's what I was talking about -- when *some* western country (america, in the movie) started trading with the Japanese. If that's all fiction then I'm just referring to whenever it was that a similar event took place (ignoring the gaijin being a samurai)

Behold the Void
10-29-2004, 10:25 AM
I believe the first European contact the Japanese had was with Portugese missionaries during the Sengoku Jidai period, later followed by Dutch traders.

The way the Japanese culture evolved makes a level of fanaticism fairly common. The Japanese are willing to sacrifice themselves for the better good, and they believe that to be honorable. Not a bad concept, but it can be taken too far.

Peegee
10-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Do you think this is a universal concept (that chauvinism is bad universally), or just the opinion of our collective 'population' that lacks the experience of dealing with the threats of the world. I mean is it okay to assume that soldiers who believe that America is in the right to take out Saddam is a good thing, or that Japanese soldiers who care so much about their home country that they would refuse surrender?

I'm not patriotic in the least. But I recognise this is due to me being a civilian who is given the liberty to be 'an asshat'.

mecharmor23
10-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Also I do not understand how people call classic pacific theather WWII movies propaganda. I watched a few classic movies based on the pacific theater and the portrayal of the japanese army seems quite accurate.

Why do critics say that their savagery has been exaggerated? Have they never heard of nanking holocaust?? The japanese imperial army has always have a tradition of displaying their power over conquered enemies by committing unthinkable attrocities. They took pride in enslaving the conquered and killing the most defensless and the most innocent.

Even today, some of the surviving soldiers of the imperial army did not regret killing POWs and some even took pride in it still. Denying history and holocausts like nobody's buisness. Last I recall, the imperial army requires one to completley dispose of their humanity as part of their training.

However I would not blame the average Japanese citizen, but rather their military system and super-patriotic traditions of the bushido. The training was so harsh that the trainee will have completley and literally have the part of brain that makes him/her human damaged. Still capable of thinking, but no emotion. The goal of the WWII era military administration in japan was to make the ordinary sane person into a complete psychopath before sending them to war. As evidence proves it, the japanese military has killed and enslaved every non-japanese or "gaijin" that was within their reach.

The dictator, Hideki Tojo, is the big guy behind all this madness. The emperor was like a puppet to him, seeing that everyone would follow the emperor and the emperor thought that nobody would use him because everyone treated him as a god. Tojo was even worst than hitler as he was the one who authorized the unit 731 to practice inhumane experiments on live civilians.

The right wingers of japan are the most dangerous as they are literally "walking death". The whole entire of their imperial army was walking death. That is what makes people like the Tokyo Govenor a threat. A right winger who wants people to follow his hateful ideologies.

So all and all, as long as the movies are only directed at the extreme right-wingers and the military of japan, it should not be considered propaganda.

The question remains, why does their army purposely kill civilians? Or is it a the bushido that states that civilians should be considered as combatants as well??

nik0tine
10-29-2004, 11:07 PM
The thing I don't understand is that why are these warcriminals are treated so humanly when they are found. That is unjust, because all japanese soldiers are racists that want to kill everyone that is non-japanese.

<!--No no no, you have it all wrong. YOU are the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifing racist.-->You can disagree, but do not flame. ~ Leeza

I don't know why I am feeling so angered and shocked when reading about what they have done. Would I be disrespecting those that are killed attrocities if I continue my obsession with japanese food and japanese RPGs?? That is what I fear.
That's the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Of course not. That is like saying I am being disrespectful to Jewish victims of the holocaust becuase I have a german bass guitar.

Besides I am also having a bit of peer pressure here, because some people I know have grand parents and relatives that are victims in multiple asian countries. They think that my obsession for japanese electronics is all part of a brainwashing scheme and that I am disgracing those that are killed by japanese for being an anime and video game fan. sigh..........

That's obviously not true. Ignore these people.

Behold the Void
10-30-2004, 01:29 AM
Also, I fail to see why this is such a big deal in the first place. This kind of a thing has happened throughout history, it's really not that different from any other country's past.