PDA

View Full Version : Fav Job Class

Fate Fatale
10-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Well what is your all time favorite Job class? (you may post combos)

Meh Viera Asassin/summoner!

Mo-Nercy
10-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Whee. Viera classes all rock.

Assassin. Like, duh.

Del Murder
10-31-2004, 02:35 AM
I enjoy Alchemist and Sage.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Why do Summoner/Assassin? Why not Summoner/Red Mage and go for the double-cast?

I have a Paladin (for the best Weapons) with two-swords and fighter secondary skills.

Mattokenzi
11-19-2004, 12:45 PM
I enjoy Alchemist and Sage.
yay! I like you Del... You have good taste :thumb:

Fate Fatale
11-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Why do Summoner/Assassin? Why not Summoner/Red Mage and go for the double-cast?

I have a Paladin (for the best Weapons) with two-swords and fighter secondary skills.

The summoner, assasin combo gives her long range, with bows and magic, and larger walking distance! Its the perfect combo!

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-21-2004, 01:09 AM
The bows are redundant if she has magic already, and the movement range of the Assassin generally isn't needed with the range of her spells. Also, the Summoner class gains magic attack and mp at a greater rate than Assassins, and can use the summons to a greater effect. Combined with the Red Mage's doublecast and either Turbo MP or Half MP (depending on the reserves of MP you have) you can devestate most parties in but one of the Summoner's turns.

DarKye-
12-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Human: Paladin with Double Sword.
Viera: Assassin or Summoner with DoubleCast.
Bangaa: Lancer.
Moogle: Moogle Knight. (No real reason =/ )
Nu mou: White mage/Sage.

Demon eye
12-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Ninja,soldier,assassin,alchamist,and animalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Dave
12-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Human - Paladin/Hunter
Moogle - Thief/Animist (100 Evade)
Bangaa - Templar/Defender
Viera - Assassin/Archer
Nu Mou - Morpher/Illusionist

Out of those, the Templar/Defender is my favorite.

Doors
12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
The elementalist and the assassin.They kick so much ass and they kill everything so fast :).

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-19-2004, 03:59 AM
Another good combination is the Moogle Gunner/Mog Knight. The Mog Knight's powerful attacks are granted the Gunner's Range, give him Concentrate and you have a 95% chance to hit with Ultima Charge from quite a distance.

Ryu Zero
12-19-2004, 06:33 PM
I would like to be a dark paladin just like one of the bosses from the extra missions in the game. If you don't remember, you fight him in a Jagd and you get the most powerful blade in the game if you beat him.

Fate Fatale
12-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Today I recently dug up my game and started playing again...I realized how fun this is!^_^

Shuko
01-08-2005, 02:29 AM
I have four thieves on my team. Naruto (Marche) and Montblanc, as well as another moogle and human. I've also got a Red Mage viera and a beastmaster Nu Mou. I'm pretty early in the game, though. I've only beaten 14 missions so far. I've spent a lot of time leveling up my negotiation skill to get the Cinqueda early, so in the meantime, I've had a chance to choose characters with hard-to get classes early on (the red mage) and gain a bunch of abilities. My second human is a blue mage for the moment, but he has almost all the thief abilities, so I'm going to concentrate on stealing abilities, stuff, and learning monster moves for him. ;P

I'm training all my other thieves to do the same thing, and in the meantime, my viera will probably become a summoner, while I train the Nu Mou to control all the monster types. Then he's going to be an Alchemist. :P I love this game. The more I play it, the more fun I have trying to come up with better strategies than the ones I've used before. My ultimate goal is to get all the treasure and beat all the missions. I've never done it yet, but I'm going to try again!

Iceglow
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
hmm firstly I would have to say that my favourite class depends on the race but here goes:

Human: Paladin, thief
Viera: Assasin, white mage (dont ask why I chose such an unusual combo but it works well)
bangaa: dragoon, templar (defender is a good alternative i set one bangaa up to be a templar secondary skill warrior and the other as a defender)
nu mou: sage, black mage (simple the most damage causable by magic short of summons
moogle: gunner, mog knight (the ultima charge can be used at the range of the gun not the sword if using the gunner as a main)

kaine the dragoon
02-05-2005, 09:56 PM
dragoon+assasin ownz deh whole game :D :D :cool:

Skyblade
02-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Human: Paladin
Skills:
Chivalry
Hunt
Strikeback
Double Sword
Knight Combo

Moogle: Gunner
Skills:
Gunmanship
Charge
Counter
Concentrate
Gun Combo

Viera: Assassin
Skills:
Corner
Sharpshoot
Reflex
Concentrate
Killer Combo

Nu Mou: Sage
Skills:
Sagacity Skills
Alchemy Skills/Morph/Black Magic
Reflex
Half MP
Wise Combo

Bangaa: Gladiator
Skills:
Spellsword Tech
Defend
Strikeback
Shieldbearer/Weapon Atk +/Doublehand (I'm not sure which of those last two gives a bigger bonus to attack)
Sword Combo

Skye Dunhart
02-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Well..I'm gonna say for humans, NInja/Paladin and for Vieras.... Assassin/Fencer

Creeping Shadow
03-08-2005, 01:53 PM
boy this forum is old oh well :tongue: i like human black mage and thats all there is to it i just like black mages and i like bannga dragoons :D

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Totally Paladin! It's basically a Holy Knight job.

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Oh, and the "must-have" abilities for my combos:

The Paladin with Hunt should know at least Ultima Shot, Hunting, and Sonic Boom.

The Gunner with Charge needs to know Ultima Charge and Mog Attack (this is a one hit kill move if used correctly, especially with the gunner's awesome range). Stopshot and Charmshot are also nice.

The Assassin with Sharpshoot needs to know Beso Toxico (Swarmstrike is frelling useless! Doubleshot is almost as bad), Doom Archer, and Last Breath. Shadowbind, Nightmare, and Rockseal are also good. Rockseal because it's fun, and I like variety. Shadowbind and Nightmare are awesome, because stopping or sleeping an opponent guarantees that almost all attacks will hit (not Capture though), including Thief A-Abilities like Steal: Ability!

The Sage needs to know as much as possible. Drain, Giga Flare, Raise, Bio, and Ultima Blow are all awesome abilities that are very useful. If going Morpher, the more monsters you've captured and mastered, the better. If using Alchemy Skills: Flare, Meteor, and Death are awesome. And if you're going as a Sage/Black Mage, all the third level spells, and probably Geomancy rather than Half MP.

The Gladiator needs to know Ultima Sword, Blitz, Wild Swing, Tremor, Aura, and Expert Guard.

Thanks for your time! ;)

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Totally! You rock Skyblade!

Li Lian
03-10-2005, 12:06 AM
I like the assasin, alchemist and summoner ^_^

Skyblade
03-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Let's see...

Assassins need no extra comment. They whoop @$$, period.

Alchemists have excellent MP, and the ability to use the Item command automatically, which is nice, but not usually necessary. Alchemist's also lack the ability to wear robes, and cannot equip shields unless they use "Shieldbearer" (which is a waste on a Nu Mou). So I usually go with Sages over Alchemists, at least by the end.

Summoners are powerful, no doubt about it. Give them the Black Robe (boost Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh), either Geomancy or Concentrate (Geomancy greatly increases damage of Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh [much more so than the Black Robe], but Concentrate is useful as hell, since it practically guarantees that all attacks hit), and Doublecast. They can start out by giving the party Regen and Reflect, and then use their attack summons to finish up. The only real negative with this strategy is their MP. Summoning spells aren't cheap.

One more comment on Morphers: Flans are your best friends! Capture and max all three types: Jelly, Ice Flan, and Cream. Then equip your Morpher with Geomancy and the Black Robe. He will easily do 600+ damage to every enemy hit by Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga, and if you've mastered all three, you can ensure that you can inflict maximum damage, regardless of the enemy's resistances (you won't find anyone who will be immune to all three, especially with Geomancy). Give him Absorb MP and the Bone Plate instead of the Black Robe, and you can fit him in as an unbeatable attack force in the Ultimate Lv? S-Flare strategy that I pointed out earlier.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Man...I'm getting a headache. :chop: Heh. No wonder.

Skyblade
03-12-2005, 05:06 AM
Oh, and don't underestimate the less used jobs! While they may not be as inherently strong as some of the expert jobs (Knightswords pretty much ensure that a Soldier will never come close to touching a Paladin in terms of damage), their abilities can still be really useful. Especially if you are facing an enemy that is a much higher level than you. Powerbreak, Mindbreak, Magicbreak, and Speedbreak all go a long way toward equalizing level differences (especially if you add in Dragon Force). Archers also have some damned useful abilities, like Faster, which negates R-Abilities (including Damage>MP), and Burial, which removes undead permanently. Thief A-Abilities are possibly the most useful in the game, as they let you gain tons of rare items and abilities in almost no time at all. Beastmasters are useful anytime you are facing monsters, as they can let you control almost any non boss monster. White Monks have a wide array of useful abilities as well, such as Far Fist, Earth Render, Revive, Excorcise, and Chakra.

I'm not telling you to switch over to the earlier classes. I'm just suggesting that you should master as many abilities as possible, and customize your characters for each battle. You might want to give your Sage Control abilities as his secondary A-Ability set if you are facing monsters, or you may wish to give your Hunters/Snipers Aim if you are facing Undead. Plan ahead, and victory will be yours! (Unless you really have no tactical skills at all, in which case all the abilities in the world might not help you... :D )

Xalioniaf
03-17-2005, 05:43 AM
I like a BM with WM a-abilities. It's like a super-red-mage. Especially when that superRM was once a paladin, a thief who taught him counter and maintanence, and other things. Just having him have all that magic, but hight attack and defence makes him good.

Skyblade
03-19-2005, 06:10 AM
I like a BM with WM a-abilities. It's like a super-red-mage. Especially when that superRM was once a paladin, a thief who taught him counter and maintanence, and other things. Just having him have all that magic, but hight attack and defence makes him good.

By BM you mean Black Mage, not Blue Mage, right? Human magic users should be Blue Mages (with all A-Abilities learned) almost exclusively. Give a Blue Mage White Magic as a secondary A-Ability set if you like, but Black Magic is rather limited on a human (sure, you can use Geomancy and Concentrate, but the damage still doesn't compare to that of Morphers with maxed Flan in the Monster Bank). Leave the Black Magic abilities to your Nu Mou (they are usually much higher in magic than humans anyway, especially if you built the human up as a Paladin). Blue Magic is the lord of all color magic in this game though. My endless Lv? S-Flare strategy proved that, I think. ;)

Xalioniaf
03-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Thing is, I haven't unlocked Blue Mage(laugh track, ya'll!). I think I need a human with WM and Bla. Mage abilities, but I'm not sure.

Skyblade
03-20-2005, 04:51 AM
What?! You need to unlock it ASAP so that you can start learning all of those Blue Magic Abilities. Especially ones like Lv3 Def-less, which can't be learned by any character higher than level 48, and Dragon Force, since Thundrakes go extinct.

Oh, and it's one White Mage A-Ability, and one Black Mage A-Ability, so it's not that hard.

neoblackmagic
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I personally like the Assassin/White Mage combo because you can deal damage and recover it at the same time.

Mittopotahis
03-21-2005, 04:59 AM
...and Dragon Force, since Thundrakes go extinct.

Oh no...When is this...hopefully I havent missed out, cause I still need Dragon Force and I need to catch one...I've done about 240-250 Missions (Nearly done!) Do they still exsist?

Skyblade
03-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Well, that depends on which ones you've done...

Still, they go extinct pretty quickly. The last one I remember being able to catch was actually before the end of the game, during the mission "Over the Hill" (the mission where Cid asks you for Amber from the Siena Gorge), but I'm not sure about that. There is also a capturable Thundrake in the "Wyrm's Awaken" quest. Ogma has Dragon Force, but you can't capture him, since he's not a Thundrake. Still, if you've done 250 missions, you've probably completed those two already. Thundrakes and Goblins both go extinct (the last appearance of Goblins is in the "Red Armed Fiend" mission), so capture them and learn their abilities ASAP! Goblin Punch can be learned from Goblins in the linked missions (you can't capture them though), and from the Paladin in the mission "The Dark Blade". But you can only learn Dragon Force (an awesome spell that boosts Atk, Def, Pow, and Res) from Thundrakes (and Thundrake like enemies such as Ogma), and they go extinct about the same time you finish the game! (Actually, there may be a Blue Mage in the Judge missions [the ones available when you beat all 300 main missions] who knows Dragon Force, but I can't confirm that, and I wouldn't count on it.) You are probably out of luck... Sorry.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't think so I remeber a malboro,courall,some other monster and a drake but i think it was ice.