PDA

View Full Version : De-ja-vou?

Fate Fatale
10-30-2004, 06:57 AM
De-jha-vou runs in meh family. It weird because we all have it a lot. Does anyone else have this? We've been tracking down our ancestry to find out if we were magic users in the long ago. I do believe that everyone has mystical powers locked inside them somewhere, it's just a matter if you can tap into it or not.

Erdrick Holmes
10-30-2004, 07:31 AM
I don't but there are times when I really could use magic.

Meat Puppet
10-30-2004, 07:49 AM
I usually have dreams of stuff that happens in the near future, but I also have dreams of stuff that doesn't, so I always pass them off as useless.

Leeza
10-30-2004, 07:52 AM
I used to think that I had some mystical powers locked inside me, but I don't anymore.

Del Murder
10-30-2004, 08:18 AM
The delete power was a gift to me from the fair muse of epic poetry. Perhaps it tapped into areadly latent abilities, I cannot tell. All I do know is that this gift was meant to be used for the purposes of truth and justice.

Rainecloud
10-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Imperfections in the brain, I think. Probably triggered by familiar smells and the like.

I don't experience Deja-Vu very often.

Silmaril
10-30-2004, 11:45 AM
I used to experience Deja-vu so much that I thought I was psychic.

Meat Puppet
10-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Putting logic into the unexplainable usually ruins them.

Resha
10-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Deja-vu....oooh. Yeah, I agree. It's no fun if the unexplained is explained. I have freaky dreams, but none of them actually mean anything, I don't think. :rolleyes2

Triple T
10-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Sometimes when I walk into a building or something, I have the feeling I've been there but I really haven't. It's weird, 'cause I'm like "o_O;". I don't really think it's déjà-vu though...

Levian
10-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Well, the closest thing to deja vu I've gotten is with people. I could swear I've met them before, but apparently I haven't, or they couldn't remember me, or they changed their name since last time we spoke and had an amnesia in the meantime.

theundeadhero
10-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I get Deja-Vu sometimes but more often than that I have some dreams that seem to come true. Not all of them (I really doubt my ???? post will come true) but it just happens and you remember the dream you had about it. Often if I get a strange random song stuck in my head I'll hear it somewhere in the next few days.

SomethingBig
10-30-2004, 04:38 PM
Everyone gets deja-vu and it's perfectly normal.

Explanation of deja-vu:
There are two sections of your brain: one that processes images and one that processes words. Sometimes when you see something, one of the halves of your brain will see it a split second/nano second/whatever before the other half, making your brain think that that event happened to you before or you had seen it before.

Example: You walk into a classroom late and the teacher scolds you. Your information processing part of your brain "sees" it a fraction of a second before the other half of your brain sees it. The other half then "sees" it and the information-processing half then says, "Oh, this happened before!"; thus, deja-vu.

Fate Fatale
10-30-2004, 10:46 PM
OK... Idun know whatur talking about SB, but sure... whatever... anyways... We got this dream book butit turned out to be a load of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gif. So we burned it and I had de-va-vou later that night. FREAKY! 0_o... Well Google sux so we've uncovered nothingof our past yet.

SomethingBig
10-31-2004, 01:55 AM
Haha, yeah, it's complicated. I used to get pummeled with deja-vu as a child. I get a deja-vu every 1-2 months nowadays. I don't believe in ESP, witchcraft, magic, etc. I tend to look at things rationally; ironically, I'm very religious.

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 01:27 AM
The delete power was a gift to me from the fair muse of epic poetry. Perhaps it tapped into areadly latent abilities, I cannot tell. All I do know is that this gift was meant to be used for the purposes of truth and justice.
I love Super Delete.

I don't know about this mystical power business. Although I sometimes wish I could cast thundaga and curaga.

StarlightAngel
10-31-2004, 02:45 AM
I love Super Delete.

I don't know about this mystical power business. Although I sometimes wish I could cast thundaga and curaga.

I once had a dream where I could cast Firaga, Curaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga. Those monsters didn't stand a chance. :D

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 02:46 AM
I once had a dream where I could cast Firaga, Curaga, Thundaga, and Blizzaga. Those monsters didn't stand a chance. :D

And you're my new hero.

Yamaneko
10-31-2004, 03:04 AM
I've got amazing powers of observation.

theundeadhero
10-31-2004, 04:10 AM
I've got amazing powers of observation.

I'm gonna hear a pink floyd song any minute now!

Behold the Void
10-31-2004, 08:25 AM
I'll try to simplify what was posted prior to me.

What we call "Deja Vu" is our brain making connections with things that are similar to what we've experienced before. If there are enough simularities between an experience and any number of experiences we have had prior to the event, we feel as if it has happened before, thus "Deja Vu". There is nothing mystical about it, it is merely our brain making connections.

Raijin
10-31-2004, 08:42 AM
I was Born with the natural ability to "turn kyle into a chicken."
you really think having Deja-vu, has something to do with having magical powers? Some people having magik powers and some people don't but i think real people with magik powers probly don't go around talking about it or flawning it. The idea that everyone has an untapped power inside them is overused in anime's and fiction and books and stuff, but There is always some truth in fiction and some fiction in truth.

StarlightAngel
11-01-2004, 01:21 AM

I didn't know that people frequently spelled 'Magic' the 'real' way. Shows what I know. :D

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-01-2004, 05:26 AM
I usually have dreams of stuff that happens in the near future, but I also have dreams of stuff that doesn't, so I always pass them off as useless.

ditto

baman
11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
dreams are just confusing...
luckily i never remembr mine...

Shlup
11-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I think I just get déjà-vu because I'm a space cadet.

Freya
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah i'll have dreams about something really cool but its the little meaningless stuff in the dream that happens exactly the same. One time i had a dream where i my older brother said something to me and i said something sarcastic and he hit me so when he said that the next day i kept my mouth shut and i didn't get hit (my brother hits me a lot anyways so thats why i thought it would happen)

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
My song thingy happened to me today. I was driving home from work and I started thinking about the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult, then not an hour and a half later the song played while I was driving to the gas station. That was a pretty fast reaction time.

Carnage
11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I do believe that everyone has mystical powers locked inside them somewhere

<!--Grow up-->Now that just wasn't nice, was it? ~ Leeza

Edit: Lol. I didnt think it was that mean.

Edit2: SB quoted it and theres nothing i can do about that. It will live on forever.

SomethingBig
11-02-2004, 01:40 AM
What we call "Deja Vu" is our brain making connections with things that are similar to what we've experienced before. If there are enough simularities between an experience and any number of experiences we have had prior to the event, we feel as if it has happened before, thus "Deja Vu". There is nothing mystical about it, it is merely our brain making connections.
Close. Deja vu is just one half of our brain being a split second slower than the other half at one given moment.

There's nothing mystical about deja-vu. Everyone has deja-vu experiences. Other animals probably have it, as well.

Grow up
As much as I disagree with NBM, that was quite mean. :cry:

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 03:55 AM
grow up

I don't know how.

Leeza
11-02-2004, 08:22 AM
I don't know how.
Don't worry. It'll get you when you least expect it. :)