PDA

View Full Version : to play or not to play?

Heaven's Cloud
10-30-2004, 06:23 PM
ok im not sure if i should play ff8 or not. is it as good as ff10 and ff7? if so let me no. and can anyone tell me how to get those pictures at the bottom of ur name and text? (i'm new.)

There is an edit button to fix your posts, so please use that in the future. -SD

Necronopticous
10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Yes, play Final Fantasy VIII.

Titles come with constant forum stimulation. Be active for a good deal of time and you'll get one.

P.S. Use the edit button, don't double post. The mods will have your head.

TasteyPies
10-30-2004, 06:55 PM
I myself love VIII because of the militaristic feeling. Oh and Squall is a real bad ass. (more bad ass than cloud)
Better than VII? maybe
Better than X? Yeah, definitly.

For the love of God play this game.

My tips:

1)Try NOT to level up, monsters level WITH you in VIII
2)Pay close attention to all tutorials, its gets a tad complicated.
3)Whenever you get 2 or more choices in the game (Act casual? Sneak by? Run around like an idiot?) Choose the stupidest one, it is usualy the right one.
4)Draw and junction magic like there is no tommorrow, that is how you get stronger. DO NOT SPEND TIME LEVELING UP.
5)Don't level up
6)Seriously, don't

Tanwen Strife
10-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Play it and DRAW DRAW DRAW! you may feel like an idiot but try to draw in every fight that you can. you're going to NEED the spells to junction, even if you don't use them.

Forgotten_Hope
10-30-2004, 08:26 PM
PLAY FF8 PLAY IT PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I'm still trying to beat the game and I nearly beat it only I got killed *cries* so yea help

Tanwen Strife
10-30-2004, 08:46 PM
don't worry FH. took me TWO HOURS!!!!!! to defeat the end boss, then another half hour to get through all of the amazing ending. get lion heart lots off aura and watch her squirm.... hehehe...

wingmaker
10-30-2004, 08:56 PM
wow! that must be a hard boss. how many forms does it have? oh and by the way this is heaven's cloud, for some reason i couldnt get into my other username. thanks for the tips guys. i am definatly going to play the game, if it is what u guys say it is i cant wait!

Average_Samurai
10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
I liked the story of FF8 a lot. The characters were interesting, and all that lovely jazz. Good story, for sure, interesting art style, and a couple of really good twists.

But it will never be as good as FF7 or FFTactics (original).

The main thing about FF8 is to prepare yourself for an obsolutely HORRID battle system. Then, if you like it or can tolerate it, you will have been ready for that. Personally, it is extremely difficult for me to replay FF8 because of the battle system.

Also, there is no point to leveling up, just learn new abilities. AND FOR GOODNESS´ SAKE: get strength bonus as soon as possible and leave it on squall for the rest of the game. Ifrit has this crazy good ability which allows you to gain an extra point of strength every level. Theoretically, if you got the ability at level 20, you would get 80 extra points of strength. That is ridiculous.

By the way, FFX was a good FF as well. Good choices for your top two, but I you owe it to yourself to play FFT if you haven´t.

XxSephirothxX
10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Not that I'll change anyone's opinion, but I don't think you should play it. I regret doing so. :mad:

Tanwen Strife
10-31-2004, 12:25 AM
I liked the battle system. but it is an aquired taste. the last boss has three forms, as usual. It wasn't very hard, just takes a while of a fairly standard battle plan. as long as you configure yourself right, youll be fine.

Venom65437
10-31-2004, 06:43 AM
I'd have to say avoid it like the plague...

Rostum
10-31-2004, 06:53 AM
I say hire it and see if you like the first 10 or so hours. If you do, then defenatly buy it. In my opinion I suggest you buy it, it's a great asset to have, if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series. It's good, probably not the best, but it's good.

Kathryn
10-31-2004, 08:17 AM
I say it's you're choice if you want to play it or not.Though once you start playing it YOU'RE HOOKED MATE HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Dark hunter
10-31-2004, 08:24 AM
I suggest u to play the game, battle field system, graphic and story line are pretty well made. It is a good choice to play this game. Better than FF VII?Dunno. Better than FF X? they are just about the same(in my opinion ^^)

Mo-Nercy
10-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Statistically speaking, you probably won't find FF8 as enjoyable as me. Few people do.

But just because FF8 doesn't compare to other FFs (in other people's opinions) doesn't mean it's not a good game in it's own right. The game can easily stand on it's own. Reviews gave this game a strong score of around 80-90%. Yet people speak of this game as if it was the worst game in the world and that simply isn't true. Not by a long shot. Sure, it could have been better, but it's still a great game.

SephirothsMistress
10-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Borrow it. I mean, in the end, you cant agree with anyones opinion. You gotta find out for yourself. I mean, I liked it at first. It just depends on whatever floats your boat.

Forgotten_Hope
10-31-2004, 12:31 PM
I MANAGED TO BEAT THE GAME THIS MORNING WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! But then I got nearly to the end of the movie and it crashed wahhhhh!!!! so I had to watch the rest through a link of the internet so the quality was kinda bad and I said to my mates I bet I cry when I finish the game and I did I'm so sad

The final big boss isn't to hard she has 4 stages and i'll give you a tip has lots of auras doomtrain or melt downs revive and recover commands auto haste command lots of full lifes and curages then you'll be fine I beat the boss without needing to use hero's or holy wars in the end oh and having all the best weapons help i only auraedsquall and used the other two for healing evry1

EDIT: Do not double post. Please use edit/delete. Thanks. -SD

nik0tine
10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Definetly play it. Some may argue that it is not as good as VII, but you should decide that yourself. It is howeven, ten times the game FFX is. And ten isn't a bad game.