PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!

SephirothsMistress
10-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Anyone managed to get past the beginning of ff2? I mean, talk about tough, every monster in that region you shouldnt go in is like rock hard. I see a plane flying around but I cant reach it... no fair..

Del Murder
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Uh, if it is the region you shouldn't go to then...don't go to it!

DJZen
10-31-2004, 11:35 PM
FFII is the only FF game that doesn't completely prevent you from wandering blindly into a severely difficult area right off the bat. Every other game limits you to a confined space until you've done something that forces you to be at a certain level to achieve. FFII doesn't hold your hand like that. However, if you just listen to what the people in the game say, you won't encounter these areas until you're more ready. It's really not that difficult.

theundeadhero
10-31-2004, 11:50 PM
I kinda liked it that way.

SephirothsMistress
11-02-2004, 06:28 PM
>.< Whats with the flyin ship? And the girl character is pretty frickin useless...

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 09:15 PM
The girl character is friggin awesome is you always have her use a bow and make her a red mage.

Captain Maxx Power
11-03-2004, 10:20 AM
The flying aircraft will be explained later. Maria must use a bow, no questions asked. Stick her on the back row. Make sure everyone has Cure, Life, Esuna, and either Warp or Exit.

SephirothsMistress
11-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Heheh, thanks for that little tip:)

theundeadhero
11-08-2004, 06:01 PM
It also helps to keep guy as a monk.

DJZen
11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
You can do whatever you want with Maria as long as you do it consistently. I'm thinking about doing a Firion = Black Mage, Maria = Warrior and Gus = White Mage game.

Snap Jumper
11-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Maria must use a bow, no questions asked. Stick her on the back row.

Why is that? I had her in the front row using swords and axes the whole game. She can be a good attacker. It just depends how you want to use her.

theundeadhero
11-09-2004, 12:40 PM
True, I just remember that in certain dungeons of the game the bow was the only thing doing good damage and at other only a barefist would work well. It doesn't really matter who uses them as long as someone did.

commodorejohn
11-09-2004, 11:41 PM
The deal with FFII:
1. Yep, if you wander too far you'll get slaughtered. Press B SELECT to see the world map so you can avoid getting lost and having this happen.
2. The airship you see flying around is Cid's airship. You can charter it in Pafsk, but you can't catch it on the overworld. The only reason it does that is to give a touch of realism; obviously, if Cid can support an airship charter business, you're not his only customers.
3. Maria is just as useful as any other character. In FFII, any character can be trained into anything you want if you have them practice as that enough. For example, the more you attack with weapons, the more your weapon skill and strength go up. The more you cast damaging magic, the more your magic skill and Intelligence go up. In this fashion, you can create highly specialized characters, or perfectly balanced characters. It all depends on how you play.

DJZen
11-10-2004, 02:21 AM
To add to that last post, yes you can create balanced characters, but balanced characters in this game are HIDEOUSLY weak. You'll have to spend 5 times longer building their stats up to get them on an equal footing with a specialized character. You CAN do it, but it's a much longer and harder road.