PDA

View Full Version : Kain and Seifer (SPOILERS)

Flashback007
10-31-2004, 12:27 PM
I have been thinking. About Kain (IV) and about Seifer(VIII). Their stories show some similarities. But before somebody attacks me. It are only a few similarties and the rest they doesn't look a like.

Seifer wanted to be a SeeD in VIII but he didn't become
Kain wanted to be a Dark Knight but followed his father to be a Dragoon

Seifer had the girl Rinoa but lost her to the hero Squall
Kain had the girl Rosa but lost her to the hero Cecil

Seifer became evil when under a "spell" from Edea
Kain became evil when under a "spell" from Golbez

Edea (who controlled Seifer) was controlled by Ultimecia
Golbez (who controlled Kain) was controlled by Zemus

At the end of the game Seifer wasn't at the party at the Garden
At the end of the game Kain wasn't at the wedding at Baron

Seifer "dissapeared after a important event in the game (assault on the TV-station
Kain "dissapeared after a important event in the game (assault on the Village Mist)

Seifer "kidnapped" his former love Rinoa
Kain "kidnapped" his former live Rosa

Seifer is blond
Kain is blond

Ok, maybe 8 is just a accident, but the rest the are really like each other. Is that on purpose, although the stories don't look like each other. But did Square made Seifer to let him look a little at Kain. They are both as populair as I know for so far.

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Very intressting indeed... never though of this before...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Seifer was never under a spell the way Cain was. He knew fully well what he was doing.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, it wasn't that Cain was jealous of Cecil just because he was a Dark Knight so much as it was that he was jealous of him because, through being a Dark Knight, he got to be the King's favorite and the higher ranking officer and therefore more attractive to Rosa.

DJZen
10-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Which is sort of similar to the Seifer/Squall dynamic. It's true though, Seifer wasn't under a spell, he was being used. Edea just talked him into being her knight, and he didn't need much persuading.

theundeadhero
11-01-2004, 04:11 AM
It was always Seifers "secret romantic dream" to be a sorcerors knight. It didn't take persuasion as much as providing an opportunity. I never noticed the similarities of the two though, pretty interesting.

Flashback007
11-01-2004, 08:42 AM
It's true though, Seifer wasn't under a spell, he was being used. Edea just talked him into being her knight, and he didn't need much persuading.

Yeah, but isn't that a bit like Kain. He was also "talked" in by Golbez. I don't mean that it was preciously the same, but if you connect the dots. The situation does look alike. And about Kain not wanting to become a "Dark Knight", that's right. But he was different then the hero, just like Seifer. Seifer wasn't a SeeD, Squall was. And Kain wasn't a Dark Knight, Cecil was.

Takara
11-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall Seifer being overly upset at Squall for getting the girl like Kain was over losing Rosa to his best friend.

And yes, it's true Seifer wanted to become a SeeD, but Kain never wanted to be a Dark Knight. He always wanted to follow his father's footsteps and become a Dragoon. He was envious of Cecil for getting a higher rank and the girl because he was a Dark Knight, though, but even if he had chosen to become a Dark Knight too, I think Rosa would have left him for Cecil anyway.

theundeadhero
11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
With siefer it's there it's just not spelled out for the player. You have to look at the subtlety in the game.

MJN SEIFER
03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I thought of this before so I fully agree. I actually made a post my self but I can't be arsed to fid it at the moment.

Edit: And Even though Seifer wasn't "Eviled" by Magic like Kain was (Is is "Cain" or "Kain") I think Seifer's turning was a joint system. Partly his own decicion but I think Edea/Rinoa/Ultimeica Sort of used his "Dreams" to sort of "push" him into what he did (Even though There were points where he could have stopped.)

Sing like a WOOHOHOHOOHOOOOH!