PDA

View Full Version : Names you will never name your childern

Ryth
10-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Male: Damiem (I'm not calling him that I don't want the apocalypse)

Female: Fern (bleh!)

kikimm
10-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Anything from a video game or a book. I don't get why some people want to have little Arwens and Aragorns running around. It's just going to embarress the kid.

Not Betsy, Cathy, Bertha, or Martha either. They remind me of cows. And for guys, no Max's.

But I don't want kids anyway, so I shouldn't even be here.

:D

Erdrick Holmes
10-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Oscar, nobody deserves that name. It's so mean to name somebody Oscar.

Yamaneko
10-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Coke, Toyota, Apple, Lysol, Pentium, etc. People are naming their kids after products these days.

I'm going to name my kid MAX. In all caps of course.

Tanwen Strife
10-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Tanwen. As much as I love the name and chose to call myself it, I would never inflict it on a child growing up.

SomethingBig
10-31-2004, 07:08 PM
As long as it isn't Satanic it's fine with me.

TasteyPies
10-31-2004, 07:11 PM
My sister named her kid Nolan, Nolan man! NOLAN! AHH!!!!!!!

I am going to stick to normal names. I don't get why people give their kids such weird names

+ Greg, Nate, Josh, Mark, Steve, Kim, Tiffany, Stephany

- Grendal, Shalanda, Nolan, E-Bay

Peegee
10-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Fatty, chunky, Jesus (Gee sus, not Je-seuss), goober......

Levian
10-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Let's just say that my childrens' names won't have any relation to any form of video game, or historic persons.

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Oscar, nobody deserves that name. It's so mean to name somebody Oscar.

lol

Erdrick Holmes
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
I wanna name my kid "Sol". I used to know a kid named Rascal, that was his name, he even brought in a copy of his birth certificate to show people that's his name.

Levian
10-31-2004, 07:51 PM
And no multiple names. My kid will have a single nice name. Not mutiple ones like I do. Watch me bleed. :cool:

escobert
10-31-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna name my kid Bert. Even if it's a girl.

Citizen Bleys
10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Todd. If I had a kid named Todd, I'd be afraid he'd hang himself to spare himself the torment of being a Todd.

Halloween`
10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Joel. I mean, honestly.

What a dumb name.

nik0tine
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM
I would never name my kid Nicholas. What a horrible name.

Halloween`
10-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Yes.

Cloud_99
10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I would never name my children anything stupid no one deserves that :D

Ouch!
10-31-2004, 09:55 PM
If I have a son, he is being named Reilly and there is absolutely nothing that can change my mind. Except maybe the wife. >.>

Generally I agree with most everyone, nothing terribly wierd. Nothing named after books, video games or movies. Neither will I name my child after anyone in the family... well, if it's a boy I might consider giving him the middle name of Raphael, just like my father and me.

Cz
10-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Laws should be passed to prevent parents naming their girls Gertrude, Denise, Deirdre or Nelly. Boys should be protected from the names Chad, Bernard and Rodney.

I don't think anybody should be allowed to give their children names like Summer or Apple either. I think to to burden a kid with such a name is a form of abuse.

Rye
10-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Mary, or fairly common names. I love more rare names, like Fiona and Lilly.

Actually, I'll elaborate. I would never name my kids:

- Michael (I hear it too much. That may be because my brother is Michael)
- Wilmar
- Wilma
- George
- Lillian
- Charles (or CHUCKIE!)
- Killian

Oh yeah, and Buddy.

Chris
10-31-2004, 11:07 PM
Female: Olga

Male: Harm

'NUFF SAID !

Skogs
11-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Deirdre is a perfectly good name...

Anyway, I guess my preferred names for my kids would be Connor (male - and NOT because of the brat in Angel) and possibly Elise (female). I would never name my children John. That's such a unfortunately common name (no offence to the Johns out there).

Triple T
11-01-2004, 12:22 AM
I would never in my life name a child Maurice. Unless it wasn't my child. :}

Jebus
11-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Actually, I'll elaborate. I would never name my kids:
- Charles

;_; Actually, I will admit it does sound bad with an American accent. I've tried going by my real name (Charles), instead of my nickname (Chase), and it just sounds really strange. Especially with my favourite teacher, Dr. Carawan, because he has a slight southern accent.

Anyway. I'd never give my kids weak names. They'd have names like Alexander, Charles, and Richard for the boys, and Julia, Victoria and Elizabeth for girls.

And yes, I do prefer archaic names.

Giga Guess
11-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Girl-Martha, Olga, Bertha.....those kind of names remind me of old ladies...no offence to anyone.

Boy-Sam, Jesse...again, no offence.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-01-2004, 05:13 AM
yea ditto with Olga! I always liked the name of Aaliyah for a babygirl!

if i had a boy i wouldnt name him Dick... basically... anything thats bot satanicly related or game related....

Strider
11-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Bort.

Del Murder
11-01-2004, 06:07 AM
m4tt

Mo-Nercy
11-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Bob. I don't mind Robert, but I don't want to run the risk of someone giving him the nickname Bob.

More generally speaking, I don't like all the common names. There's quite a few, the one that really jumps out at me is Jessica.

I like names that are spelt alternatively to how they are conventionally spelt. Like Aimee.

Spuuky
11-01-2004, 09:40 AM
My children will be named Stardust and Moonbeam. Thus they will never be named anything that is not one of those names.

Calliope
11-01-2004, 09:52 AM
"Are you sure he eats meat?"

Maxico
11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
And for guys, no Max's.

You have made an enemy today

I was going to make a list but Im just sad now.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
I like names that are spelt alternatively to how they are conventionally spelt. Like Aimee.I find names like that to be profoundly obnoxious.

Mo-Nercy
11-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I like names that are spelt alternatively to how they are conventionally spelt. Like Aimee.I find names like that to be profoundly obnoxious.

*crumples up sheet of names*

Loony BoB
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Alex, Alec, Alexander, Alexandra, Alexis and any other such variation. Because I'm pretty sure around 50% of the girls in my generation want to name their kids Alex.

escobert
11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Bob. I don't mind Robert, but I don't want to run the risk of someone giving him the nickname Bob.

More generally speaking, I don't like all the common names. There's quite a few, the one that really jumps out at me is Jessica.

I like names that are spelt alternatively to how they are conventionally spelt. Like Aimee.
:mad2:

Shlup
11-01-2004, 09:39 PM
I will not name my children anything other than Timothy Ian, Saria Maynard, and Trinity Jean. So there we go.

K-chan
11-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I would like to name my kids ,god forbid if I ever have any, either Alexander for a guy and Alexis for a girl. -^_^- they're cute names.

I'd never name my kids after me or give them a REALLY plain name like Sue or John.

Ryth
11-01-2004, 09:55 PM
I forgot about Wilbur, Olga, Ernie, Donald, Alfred.

Maybe Brennan I got that name so I'm kinda in between with it. What do you guys think of my name Brennan is it a good, okay, or a horrible name you pity me for having? Also be truthful don't be polite just because I'm asking and you don't wanna hurt my feelings be truthful.

Chaos
11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I would never call my kids Eugene, Boris, Ermentrude, Trevor, Gladis, Fifi-Trixibelle, Fanny or Dick.

I know someone who knows someone called Richard Head. That name is amusing.

And Dwane Pipe.

Those parents must of hated their kids from Day 1.

If I ever have a boy I might call him Jason, and a girl...possibly Catherine.

Chaos

Logan
11-02-2004, 02:51 AM
I find names like that to be profoundly obnoxious.
Me too. My friend's name is Erin, and she keeps changing it to Eryn and then to Erinn, because she found out someone at another school was named "Eryn", and she just HAD to be original :D

I'd never name my kid Dilbert. Or Steve.

Project G
11-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Male-Sheldon (Even though I love that name)
Female-Anyone famous

War Angel
11-02-2004, 11:24 AM
I'll name my kid Adolph then tattoo a moustache just below his\her nose. Yeah.

Lazlow
11-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I would never name my kid Nicholas. What a horrible name.

Hey that's my name! But yeah, I'd never use it either, cos between the ages of about 5 and 15 all I got was "Hey, are you KNICKER-LESS?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" :rolleyes2
But now I'm mostly just Nick, which I like fine.

But on topic, I would never call my kids anything like old-people names (ie, Martha, Gladys, Harold etc.), or anything too wacky and embarassing. If it's a girl I'm going to call her Keira (after Keira Knightley), and I haven't decided on a boy's name yet :).

Rye
11-02-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't think most names are bad, it's just like the waaaay too common ones or the way too uncommon ones. I prefer the way too uncommon ones cause it's a real pain in the neck to be named "Jessica" because there's always about 20 other Jessicas in your class in school. So when someone is like "Hey Jessica!" about 20 heads turn and you don't know who is being called.

And that just leads to a lot of horrible nick names like "Jay Jay" which is what my friends randomly decided to call me.

DMKA
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
John...NEVER would I name a kid John.

kikimm
11-03-2004, 03:19 AM
You have made an enemy today

I was going to make a list but Im just sad now.

;_;

There was a kid in my 6th grade class named Max...not the most agreeable fellow, to put it politely. *nods* Cheer up, mate. No offense....bleh,

:D

Polaris
11-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Guilhermina, Albertina, Felisberta, Leopoldina, Maria do Céu (this one is particulary horrible)... one name that I'd put to a girl: Brittany, Katherine.... For obys I don't have any particulary idea.... :D

Levian
11-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I will not name my children anything other than Timothy Ian, Saria Maynard, and Trinity Jean. So there we go.

I hope you get 4 children.

Silmaril
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Guys: Dick, John, Webster, Romeo, Timmy

Girls: Agatha, Daisy, Wilhelimina, Wilma, Doris, Beatrix

I like the name Olga. :rolleyes2

I want to name my girl kid "Babylon" but I'd never do that. I'll just call my cat that.

Imperia
11-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, let's see.

Male: Adolf

Female: Gertrude, Betty, and Minnie

Rainecloud
11-03-2004, 06:31 PM
I'd primarily avoid anything old-fashioned, IE - Frank, Alfred, Bert, Edward, etc.

Craig
11-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Off of the top of my head I wouldn't name my children:
Oliver
Barbara

Kalen
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Dick.

MoonsEcho
11-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I find names like that to be profoundly obnoxious.

:(
I think some of those names look very pretty, like Aimee. I think it's better than Amy. Incidentally, my daughter's name is Hayleigh, which I've always found to be a beautiful spelling of the name. I don't care for Haley one bit. It does get rather irritating when it gets to be TOO out there, or when someone changes their own name to be more unique, as in the case of Erin/Eryn/whatever it is now.

As for what I'd never name kids....hm...Bertha, Helga, Gertrude, Britney, Joseph, John, David, Eric, Thomas....

wingmaker
11-03-2004, 08:26 PM
smityswagen hagermangansin III1/2

Teek
11-03-2004, 10:06 PM
I can't stand names that are too classic, names that are too original, or weak-sounding names. I suppose that means I'll never have a John or Mary, Eylion or Rhyan or something. Nor would I name them "Dylan" or "Tiffany". Little kid names are a no-go. =P

I like slight originality, but I really go for names that sound strong. Daniel or Thomas or something sounds good for a boy, and for a girl I'd want a name like Julia or Gabrielle. Very strong.

Oh, and I can't stand names that are after places. Paris, Dakota, and Savanna = no.

StarlightAngel
11-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Boys- Ashley, Ashton, Blaire, Penny, Bailey... pretty much anything that sounds like a girl's name.

Girls- Bebe, Deva, Chandra, Olga, Helba, Brittany, Marlowe, Bailey, Johanna, Lourdes, and many, many more.

I'm thinking of naming a daughter (if I have one) 'Danica' because the name sounds so awesome. :D

DeBlayde
11-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Girl: Gertrude (sorry if anybody's named Gertrude) or Dorris (ditto for any dorrises

boy: oh gosh, there was this one really old fashioned one I saw a couple days ago that I thought would just be the most God awful thing in the world, but I can't remember it. Maca-something I think...

Del Murder
11-05-2004, 02:06 AM
My children will be named Stardust and Moonbeam. Thus they will never be named anything that is not one of those names.
Way to doom your children to a childhood of ridicule and a career in the adult film industry before they are even born, Romes.

Fuzakeru
11-05-2004, 02:47 AM
Boys - Jim, John, Mark, Bob, Dick, Beauford, Bubba, etc.
Girls - Jane, Jill, Mary, etc.

I will name my daughter Faye Ann ( not after Cowboy Bebop so don't go there. Faye comes from my Grandmother's Middle name ). And for a son - his name will be Maverick Leedon.

-rolls around on the floor for a little bit-

Ryth
11-06-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't like Earnest, Donald, Lenny, Bruce, Moe, or Fergie. Well Bruce is okay but I wouldn't name my child that.

Awrini
11-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Hmmm, I know. Donut.

Denmark
11-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I've said in the past that I will name my child Boy or Girl. more than one, start numbering. More than one at once, add letters. so much easier than naming them.

although I only plan to have one child at the most, and I doubt any potential mother would let me name them Boy or Girl. :\

Breine
11-06-2004, 06:40 PM
These names may sound even more strange to you than they do to me because they're all Danish.

Female: Gertrud, Bertha, Gertha, Olga, Martha, Waltraud

Male: Ĺge, Mogens, Karl, Kaj, Břrge, Ejnar, Frede

Ryth
12-11-2004, 01:40 AM
I have more

Boy: A girl's name like Susan or Lucy

Girl: A guy's name like Peter or Edward

Shlup
12-11-2004, 01:42 AM
I will never have a daughter named Sarah.

Jojee
12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
I like the name Sky... and January.... and.... stuff like that. XD *swt* months are ok. Nature-y stuff is ok.

Some names are just unoriginal, though... ^^ They're not bad, but... John? Anyway I don't think I would spare my kid the pain and give him/her a nice, normal name >=] Cos' I am evil. I would not name my kid Rachel, James, Amanda, Kate, ..John.. Jane... etc. Nothing wrong with them, just... too normal :tongue:

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 01:50 AM
girl: London, Paris, Monica, Kelly, Beyonce, Dana, Leslie, Sherelle, Danise, Shaniqua
boy: Sodapop, Danny, John, Frank, Benny, Ah-Keem, Hakeem, Raheem, Rakim, Bob..
I think I'll stick with Brandon

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 01:57 AM
I will never name my first daughter anything but Michelle Daisy Johnston. o_O You know my last name now.

Ryth
12-12-2004, 01:54 AM
I will never name my girl Brahne because she might end up fat, greedy, pig-headed and worst of all BLUE! like Queen Brahne in FFIX

Hey! I know what Queen Brahne really is she isn't human she's a...

BLUE MEANIE!!

(A blue meanie are evil blue weirdo villians that invade Pepperland (like how Brahne invaded Lindblum) in the Yellow Submarine.)

StarlightAngel
12-12-2004, 03:11 AM
I will never name my girl Brahne because she might end up fat, greedy, pig-headed and worst of all BLUE! like Queen Brahne in FFIX

Hey! I know what Queen Brahne really is she isn't human she's a...

BLUE MEANIE!!

(A blue meanie are evil blue weirdo villians that invade Pepperland (like how Brahne invaded Lindblum) in the Yellow Submarine.)

When I watched that movie, it became #1 on my list of 'Most likely to have been thought up when creator was drunk/high'.

theundeadhero
12-12-2004, 03:13 AM
It was the Beatles and they were trippin pretty hard I would guess.

DarkMaelstrom
12-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Blankey...NEVER Blankey. I mean, what kind of crack and pot was Michael Jackson mixing when he decided to call his son Blankey? Man, i feel sorry for that kid. Maybe MJ was stoned and just named him the first word out of the baby's mouth...what a freak...

PearlRose
12-12-2004, 08:26 AM
I'd never want to give my child a name that was too "out-there" or too normal or plain. Names like Bill, Mary, Jim, Jane, and Sally come to mind in the too plain category, and names like Jessica, Hayley, Sean, Dylan and Jennifer seem to be a dime a dozen. My family has quite a few old-fashioned names - Margaret and Elwood spring to mind - and I don't think I could name a child that, either.

I want a unique name, but nothing too unique. I personally like Megra for a girl, but that might be bordering the line between nicely creative and too creative. ^^;;

-Maggie

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 09:28 AM
I will never name my child... ..... .. . . .. .

DUN DUN DUN

GAYLORD!!!!!!!

Terrible name... And i wanna see Meet the Faukers.... =P

UltimateSpamGrover
12-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Richard Karn. Enough said

and I wouldn't name anyone who is pictured in this flash movie

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=58184

Dr.K
12-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I heard someone named their children after the lanthanides in the periodic table. Some people have almost TOO much (bad) imagination.
As for me, i'd probably refrain from calling them anything ridiculous i guess, altho it seems to be the norm for celebrities to call their offspring the longest names ever nowadays. tiger-lily-toffee-apple-crumble-chocolate-gateau anyone?

Little Miss Awesome
12-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't call my kids these names, sorry if anyone is offended

Girls: Felicity, Norma, Hortense, Victoria, Lydia, Betty

Boys: Joe, George, Bert, Ernie, Frederick, Eric, Hansel, Beau, Bob

Red Skull
12-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't want to name my son Gaylord.

Paulus is a nice name, or Caesar, Tyranus maybe. But then again he would be teased for Tyr-anus.

Dragon Ash
12-12-2004, 12:22 PM
guys - romundo, beckham *fumes with anger* :hot:

girls - morag, harmony

i'd go for semi-unusual names but nothing that could be considered too hippy. *apologises to any hippies out there*

Red Skull
12-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Muhammed, Mustafa, Abdullah. No offence but I highly dislike those names.

Crazy the Clown
12-12-2004, 09:06 PM
If it's a boy, I'm never naming him, "Austin."

Some punk who was named, "Austin," jumped me from behind, twice. He refused to fight me like a man, so he doesn't deserve to have any child share his name. When he gets out of jail, though, he's gonna wish he NEVER pissed off a Juggalo!(If you happened to be named, "Austin," no offense. That douche is still in jail for coke possession.)

Belethdolien
12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I think olga is an extremely bad name (No offence if anyone here is named that...) and also Olaf, Bartha and Fredrikke.. *shudders*

=Angelus=
12-13-2004, 03:27 AM
i think i'm just against "Barbie" and "Ken"... and according to this wierd search thing... "Jesus" seems to be the 10th most popluar name in the world!...*shivers in fear* Scary....

oh wait... is anyone here named Shiva?

Sephex
12-13-2004, 04:45 AM
I want to name my kid Telephone. Think about it. When someone calls for my kid, it will save me some work. All I have to do is say "Telephone" and the kid will know what to do.

That never really went well with anyone I told that to.

Oh, and I would never name a kid Melvin. That's just terrible.

theundeadhero
12-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Went well with me. Congradulations!

Ryth
12-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I want to name my kid Telephone. Think about it. When someone calls for my kid, it will save me some work. All I have to do is say "Telephone" and the kid will know what to do.

Oh, and I would never name a kid Melvin. That's just terrible.

:) I get it! HA!

Yes WTF is up with BLANKEY! I'm all for originality but BLANKEY!?!? C'mon! What's next Broom, Turkey, Peanut, Pillow, or Sippy Cup? Those poor childern also Micheal Jackson might as well take the masks off because everyone knows that's Micheal's poor childern because of the masks plus if he/she (don't know which one) answers to Blankey you know for sure!

theundeadhero
12-19-2004, 10:43 PM
I prefer toaster myself.

Ryth
12-23-2004, 02:19 PM
I'll never name my child Satan either.

Sophitia
12-23-2004, 03:10 PM
lol, I'm going to avoid names like Edith or Agnes the type of names you only imagine your grandparents being called. Oh yeah and I feel terrible for this poor little girl I met once, she was called Sorrow...you're just asking for a depressive teenager there.

Ryth
12-23-2004, 03:45 PM
lol, I'm going to avoid names like Edith or Agnes the type of names you only imagine your grandparents being called. Oh yeah and I feel terrible for this poor little girl I met once, she was called Sorrow...you're just asking for a depressive teenager there.

Oh that's sad :( . I bet she gets teased too. :(

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I have two cousins named David . . . and that's fine, their middle names respectively are Sheldon and Chasten. :( They have my sympathy.

As for my kids. Including their last names, they will each have four.

Joseph/Zackary Zenreye
Cody (named after my deceased brother) Darke-Klive
Jayne Taryn-Tyler
Kayne Bartholomew-Warren
Mikaela Cassandra-Leorin (or -Lauren)
Cypher Alekz-Cassidus

Dragon Ash
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes. I plan to have an army of rugrats. I'm a maniac. Try to stop me. My children will rule the world! Mwahaha!
OK... *removes sugar/drugs/alcohol from Mercen-X's general vicinity*

Chris
04-27-2005, 09:18 PM
DMKA is a horrible name... :rolleyes2

SublimeStar007
04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
i would never name my kids after old world leaders like Genghis or Charlemagne or something like that. Nor would i name him something like Maurice. but it is funny to name your kid Maurice Ronald. so for short you can call him Moe Ron.

crashNUMBERS
04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Female: Olga

Male: Harm

'NUFF SAID !

Kamiko
04-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I will never name my daughter Gertrude or my son Gaylord. This I do solemnly pledge. (Note: This pledge is not valid when future mother is drunk or drugged or in the state of California)
I will however, name my kid.... Miko. Good name... or Faust if it's a boy... that would be cool... except if he grows up to be a necromancy freak.... scratch that!
I'm naming my kid Mako!

XxSephirothxX
04-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Jesusfreak.

Kirobaito
04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Daniel Towns.

withered
04-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Boys: Wolfgang
Girls: /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif
Boy or Girl: Feotus

Ko Ko
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Boy: Raul. God, I HATE RAUL. AND TETSUYA. UGH.
Girl: Gertrude, Minna or Shime. *shivers* Hi, I'm Shime! *BANG*

If I ever get lucky enough to snag a decent man, I'm going to have TONS of children. My grandmother had 15, and my mother had 3, and my other grandmother had 13. Lots of relatives. My cousin has 8.
Maybe I'll name them... pretty things. For the girls, of course. My daughter, I think, will be called Iryukku or Iri-ko (Hey, she's my daughter!) but if I marry a non-asian it is going to have to be something else.

Devourment
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Boy: Raul. God, I HATE RAUL. AND TETSUYA. UGH.
Girl: Gertrude, Minna or Shime. *shivers* Hi, I'm Shime! *BANG*

If I ever get lucky enough to snag a decent man, I'm going to have TONS of children. My grandmother had 15, and my mother had 3, and my other grandmother had 13. Lots of relatives. My cousin has 8.
Maybe I'll name them... pretty things. For the girls, of course. My daughter, I think, will be called Iryukku or Iri-ko (Hey, she's my daughter!) but if I marry a non-asian it is going to have to be something else. Wow, that's alot of children. :p

Iryukku is a nice name. :)

Erm... I can't think straight at the minute, I'll think of some soon though.

crashNUMBERS
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Boy: Casey *hint* *hint* EoFF member!!

Ko Ko
04-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow, that's alot of children. :p

Iryukku is what my parents were going to name me if I came out yellow. I mean, with a dark skin tone, taking after my asian father. But I came out pure white so they called me Iraia.
Thank you! :skull3: I wuv you.

HINT. IRAIA. NEVER CALL YOUR KIDS IRAIA.

Devourment
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow, that's alot of children. :p

Iryukku is what my parents were going to name me if I came out yellow. I mean, with a dark skin tone, taking after my asian father. But I came out pure white so they called me Iraia.
Thank you! :skull3: I wuv you.

HINT. IRAIA. NEVER CALL YOUR KIDS IRAIA.You do not like your name then? I hate my surname...

Ko Ko
04-28-2005, 12:31 PM
You do not like your name then? I hate my surname...
What is it? It can't be bad as... wait, I'll shut up.

Devourment
04-28-2005, 12:37 PM
You do not like your name then? I hate my surname...
What is it? It can't be bad as... wait, I'll shut up.It's Peel. http://board.muse.mu/images/smilies/redface.gif I don't mind my first name or my middle name, Joshua Aidan. (Aiden is my forum name) Joshua is a Jewish name.

DMKA
04-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Anyone who names their son "Gaylord" needs an ass beating. That's just cruel.

crashNUMBERS
04-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Haha. Yeah thats mean. And cruel. And dumb. And ...... Forget it..

Maxico
04-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Theres many names I wouldnt name my children

Sawdúst
Low fat Creme
Kraken
pencil
mold
Tumor

Well you get get the point. I think that less than 1% of words would be suitable names for... humans.

Boosk
04-28-2005, 10:09 PM
hmmmmm names I hate....Boys- Ian (sorry all Ians) such a weak name! Francis (eeerrggh!) Girls- Betty, reminds me of all that is old, Lilly, nice flower, lame name. And I hate all double barreled names. why? why give your child 2 names? Isnt 1 enough?

Names i like....Boys Vincent (I just like the sound) or Brian (brain but slightly different!), Girls- Charlie cos its a cool name.
Kagga :love:

Jess
04-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Id never name my kids:
Boy: Patrick, and Ben [I like the name Ben, but its too common and I like more excitement]
Girl: Jessica [I wish my name was more exciting], Agnus, Claire [Again, its too common]

Pauten
04-29-2005, 12:17 AM
hmmmmm names I hate....Boys- Ian (sorry all Ians) such a weak name! Francis (eeerrggh!)

I like the name Francis...well for a Girls name anyway. I agree calling a boy Francis would be soooo wrong. Kurt is a cool name for a boy.

Still names i dont like are
Boys: Gabrial, Dave, Justin and probably Mark
Girls: Dorathy, Ashley and Dawn.

Still i'm kinda at a loss to see why nobody has mensioned my name in their list...Paul. I dont mind it but i wouldnt call my offspring by that name.

Social Moon Firesky
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Female: Fern (bleh!)

*Coughs* Actually, that's my middle name, and I really like it...

Devourment
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM
If it was a girl I wouldn't name it: Fiona, Bethany, Sally, Sharon, Stacy, & Tracy.

I hate all of those names. (sorry if someone has one of those names, but I just detest them)

Social Moon Firesky
04-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm safe. I'm gonna create names for my children, or just name them after gods/goddesses from Ancient Mythology. Poor buggers. :radred:

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Maybe I'll name them... pretty things. For the girls, of course. My daughter, I think, will be called Iryukku or Iri-ko (Hey, she's my daughter!) but if I marry a non-asian it is going to have to be something else.
I'm a great man and I'll give you twelve kids if I can name six of them, teach them various forms of martial arts and gymnastics, and convince them they are never beyond anyone's friendship and no one is beyond theirs. Actually, I'll just name the first kid if it's a guy. I promise not to be disappointed if there isn't even a single boy. My children will be my students in the fine and ancient art of butt-whoop . . . that I perfected . . . or screwed up . . . it's one of the two.
You can even divorce me and leave me to raise the kids myself. I can handle it. I'm a genius. My parents say I'd make a great father.

I like the name Iraia. It's rather nice. Contrast Gertrude, Helga, and so many other swedish, swiss, rusky, german names.

Excuse me, I have to get back to Myspace.

Kirobaito
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Good call.

Jojee
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
*smirk* I'd never name my kid Walker.

JaytodaP
04-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Cornelius, Gaylord, and Dumas

Spammerman
04-30-2005, 03:18 AM
anyname that doesnt start with the first letter of my name(A) or my wifes name.hopefully a as well

KentaRawr!
04-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Stupid Head Skipper poop. o_o

crashNUMBERS
05-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Good call.
Oh uhhh..... About that...

*runs*

Apollo
05-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Hmmm, I would never name my kid after me! :(

~yunie~
05-01-2005, 04:10 AM
any final fantasy name characters!

Luthien Rogue
05-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Todd. If I had a kid named Todd, I'd be afraid he'd hang himself to spare himself the torment of being a Todd.

Hey man, my uncle's name is "Todd" and I love that name; reminds me of the fox. :|

Female:

Bertha, Olga, Gay, Marge...

Male:

Francis, Clancy, Igor, Earl, Doug...

First/middle names:

Buster Cherry, Dick Dangle, Dick Yourren, Dick Stryker, Freda Brests, Richard Dick, Richard Head, Aida Weiner, I. Kutcherkokoff, Jack Goff, Rimas Kaukenas

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Jack Goff
I know someone with that name. (Jack Gough, actually, pronounced the same.) :D

Joey-joe-joe-junior-shabado is a definite no-no.

Mercen-X
05-01-2005, 07:25 AM
I hate all double barreled names. why? why give your child 2 names? Isnt 1 enough?

Kagga :love:
My kids are going to have double-barrel names and here's why: because they are.
Actually, having multiple names works twice for you. You can easily boggle someone's brain by having four names to remember. Second, if they ever wanted to change their name, they'd have one or more than just their middle name to choose from. It's hard thinking up a real name to change yours to. It's easier if you have some "in stock" hehe.

If it was a girl I wouldn't name it: Fiona, Bethany, Sally, Sharon, Stacy, & Tracy.

I hate all of those names. (sorry if someone has one of those names, but I just detest them)
My cousin's name is Sharon and I love her soooo much. Actually, we call her Cherbear anyway, so I guess, like, whatever.

DMKA
05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
DMKA is a horrible name... :rolleyes2
O RLY?

AROW
05-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Birtha no doubt

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-01-2005, 08:08 AM
If it's a boy, I'm never naming him, "Austin."

Some punk who was named, "Austin," jumped me from behind, twice. He refused to fight me like a man, so he doesn't deserve to have any child share his name. When he gets out of jail, though, he's gonna wish he NEVER pissed off a Juggalo!(If you happened to be named, "Austin," no offense. That douche is still in jail for coke possession.)

*winces*

In any events, names I'd avoid are mainly those that are hypenated or otherwise expanded beyond what they should be, like Jean-Marie or the like.

-N-
05-02-2005, 09:33 PM
I refuse to name my kids anything remotely European.

amratis
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Chantel, Crystal or any other gem's like ruby or sapphire.

JaytodaP
05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Napolean

Apollo
05-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Napolean
That too. :rolleyes2

crashNUMBERS
05-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Napolean
Freak'in Idiot!!

Ko Ko
05-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Devielle, and Fran are other names I could never name my children.
Once, when I was young, I knew two twins called Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced O-Ron-Je-Lou and Le-mon-je-lou. But spelled like Orange and lemon Jello!

DMKA
05-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Freak'in Idiot!!
O RLY?

nik0tine
05-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Devielle, and Fran are other names I could never name my children.
Once, when I was young, I knew two twins called Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced O-Ron-Je-Lou and Le-mon-je-lou. But spelled like Orange and lemon Jello!

Ive heard about those kids. I find it hard to believe that it's true though.

My mom told me that she heard about someone who named her daughter "placenta"
I doubt it's true, but I won't be naming my daughter placenta.

Erdrick Holmes
05-03-2005, 05:45 AM
If I catch anybody naming their kid Oscar I'm punching you in the face.

Jojee
05-03-2005, 05:57 AM
If I name my kid Oscar, will you punch me, Joel? ;___;

Lmao @ the jello thing xD I would so name my kid that. StrawberryJello!

Hey man, my uncle's name is "Todd" and I love that name; reminds me of the fox. Yeahhh Todd's a nice name, simply cos' he's that sexy cute dedicated guy that went crazy in the Sweet Valley college books... oh man that goes WAY back! I remember reading those a lot in 6th or 7th grade... :love:

Ko Ko
05-03-2005, 06:14 AM
How would you say it, though?

Straw-bear-je-lou!

Erdrick Holmes
05-03-2005, 06:15 AM
If I name my kid Oscar, will you punch me, Joel? ;___;

Probably, if you name your kid Oscar, you're a bad parent. Your kid's life is ruined.

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 06:50 AM
How about Racso?

Seriously though, Rosko.

Raven Nox
05-03-2005, 06:59 AM
I'll have to agree that Oscar is like the worst name ever thought.

And though I love him to bits, I'd never name my kid Albel, 'cause even though he's awesome, he's name is not...

There's lots of name really... n.n

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Kawaii Ryűkishi

Mookies
05-03-2005, 09:05 AM
:oscar:

Ism
05-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Mookies??!!? I would never name my kid that. Or Sephiroth...Haha.........

Mabye I would call them...TurtleBreath....and.....Shellboy/girl. And mabye Dreameruperer.
^They are all bad^
No seriously, I like Keira as a girls name or Holly.
Dunno bout a boy.

Infection13
05-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Hmmm well this is actully quite hard...

Boy:

Syrus ( Hell knows why sounds groovy )
Ogre ( After the vocalist of Skinny Puppy :up: )

Girl:

Prince ( They would wish they were never born hahaha )
Bob ( Hahahaha PMSL poor children )

The Redneck
05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Percival. Naming your son Percival will give other children the undeniable urge to punch him repeatedly in the mouth.

Alixsar
05-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Jake.

Agrias
05-09-2005, 03:40 AM
i would never call my kid sakura fubuki...cause that means cherry blossom blizzard! lol

YukiKiro
05-09-2005, 04:23 AM
francheska cheska bobeska fanana fana fofeska me mi momeska francheska III

Big D
05-09-2005, 05:24 AM
Anything from a video game or a book. I don't get why some people want to have little Arwens and Aragorns running around. It's just going to embarress the kid.A guy in his late 20s named Aragorn was jailed for drug possession in my city last year:cool:
My country also boasts a TV production working person named Arwen O'Connor.
At high school, I once debated against a young woman named Rohan.

Product names are bad. I wouldn't name my kids after objects. Same goes for history's worst criminals, oppressors and totalitarians - Adolf, Saddam, Idi, Pol, and so forth. I'd never inflict those names, with all their connotations, on anyone. However, in 2003 a Chinese couple named their son 'Saddam Sars', to commemorate the two biggest events of the year. Also, a guy at my university who graduated this year has the first names 'Joseph Stalin'. I don't know him - just saw his name in the graduation list - but his name kind of stood out. That's not his entire name, just his first two names. His surname was something completely different.

Speaking of something completely different, I wouldn't name a kid 'Monty', unless my wife and I agreed to call him Montgomery, which is of course a cool name since it's Scotty's real name.

I actually quite like Olga, but I prefer Olya, a slightly-less-common variant.

I'm not totally opposed to naming people after fictional characters, either. Rand and Nynaeve, from The Wheel of Time, would make quite good names for a boy and a girl, respectively.

I wonder how long it's going to be before companies start paying parents to give their kids 'advertising names'? They're already paying adults to change their name to 'Sony PlayStation' or whatever, so commercialised baby names are the next logical step. Celebrities could auction naming rights to the highest bidder... :twocents:

DMKA
05-09-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't understand why people say stuff like "oh no nothing from a game or book or movie no that's just silly and wrong!" Can I ask why that is? What if they happen to name their kid Tidus but never played FFX? Is that silly and wrong? Or what if they named their kid something and then 2 years later a game came out with a lead character sharing that name? Is everyone girl I've met named Rosa under a silly, wrong name because of FFIV?

That just doesn't make any sense to me. If the name sounds good and the parents like it, and it means something to them, why should it matter wether it was from a game or a movie or a book?

Oh and actually, most names DO come about that way. Just look around at the billion people with Biblical and Koran based names...and those are books.

Sasquatch
05-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Oh and actually, most names DO come about that way. Just look around at the billion people with Biblical and Koran based names...and those are books.

You have somewhat of a point, except for this part. It's the religion that people are basing names on. The religious books don't make much difference, it's the religion (or language) and what's IN the books--considered to be religious history--that inspires names for children.

Syphilis and Pajama have to be the worst baby names I've ever heard, whether the stories are true or not ("Syphilis" being on a band around the baby's wrist, "Pajama", obviously, being on a tag on the baby's clothing, apparently the women thought they were already named or something.)

I had another name in mind, but I can't remember it right now. Too tired, I suppose.

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't understand why people say stuff like "oh no nothing from a game or book or movie no that's just silly and wrong!" Can I ask why that is?
It's not the idea of giving a kid a name that happens to be in a game. They just don't want that to be the story behind the name. "Daddy, why did you name me Cloud?" "It was the name of mercenary with a bigass sword in this kickass RPG I used to play." Sounds so special, doesn't it?
My story to tell my kids is that I named the all the things (I'll name them) because it's what was derived of my ambition.
Joseph is my name, Zackary is also my name (by choice), Zenreye originated as a misinterpretation (intentional) of the word Sentry and later became merely a combination of Zen and Ray. I gave the word zenreye my own definition as I AM to a degree a vane person. Zenreye: A person whose actions and motives make one look upon him/her and question their own actions and motives in life. S/he is a person whose beliefs shed light onto the misgivings and sorrows of others. This is not to imply that I intend for my son to be anyone's savior or guiding light. I just like the sound of it.
I have reasons for every name I've chosen for my predecessors. None (save for Zack which really doesn't count) have anything to do with games.