PDA

View Full Version : Lost.

White Raven
11-01-2004, 03:19 AM
So yeah.

I didn't know aboot this show until last night, when my roommate said "Hey, you should watch this show called Lost.". To I downloaded all 6 episodes of it and watched them all today. All that I can say is wow. It's sorta like Lord of the Flies meets Giligans Island but better. It's by far the best new show of the year. :)

Any one else follow this show or have an opinion comment on it?

krissy
11-01-2004, 03:43 AM
saw pilot
great

Chzn8r
11-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Fantastic. Seen every ep... but I wonder why on the latest one so many characters were missing :confused:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-01-2004, 05:17 AM
i wanna see it! I live in Australia so we cant exactly see it.....i love alias and if thats anything to come by ill be pretty excited if it gets here!

Miriel
11-01-2004, 09:15 AM
I love Lost. Not as much as I love Alias, but it's still pretty fantastic stuff.

The last episode blew me away. It was incredibly gutsy of ABC to air a show that was over 50% in subtitles, and I may be biased since I am Korean, but I thought it was really great stuff. Some of the best ensemble acting I've ever seen on television, just brilliant.

darkchrono
11-03-2004, 10:50 PM
possible show spoiler..........

First of all I think the show is pretty interesting but I want to start really watching it after they have all been on the island for awhile and they start living like savages.

As of now it seems like the show is starting to turn into another Lord of the Flies...just with grownups instead of kids....

During the last episode the people began to split into two groups. One group chose to move into the center of the island where there is fresh water right next to them. While the other group chose to keep their base on shore where people could see them better so they could get rescued. That all seems very Lord of the Fliesh to me.

In fact the leader of the group who chose to move to the water has become good friends with a rather heavy set individual (can you say Piggy from Lord of the Flies). I don't know. It just seems like it is headed in that direction. But will still be interesting to watch.

Shoeberto
11-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I saw commercials for it over the summer, and yeah, I got the whole Lord of the Flies impression. I haven't watched it because Lord of the Flies was pretty lame to me when I read it at 13.

edczxcvbnm
11-03-2004, 11:34 PM
I tried so hard to get into it but I just can't. Too much character interaction and not enough plot/action for me.

To me they are stuck on an island and there is something there and they are trying to survive. Each episode focused so much on the characters and doesn't really seem to have a big or complex plot. Just not me.

darkchrono
11-03-2004, 11:50 PM
I think the whole point of the series though ed. is to show how the characters interact with eachother when faced with the hardships of being stranded on that island.

edczxcvbnm
11-03-2004, 11:57 PM
The way they made it out to be in the commercials indicated that there would be a lot more than just that and even then I don't see so much character interaction as I would like. A lot of it is back stories from what I have seen and how those people deal with the back stories...like the criminal girl.

Rye
11-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Lost is the best new TV show, in my opinion. It's great. :)

Chzn8r
11-04-2004, 02:12 AM
I loved tonight's episode... I understand the point of it being to focus on character interaction and personal struggles. The grand scheme of being "lost on a remote island" kind of takes the back seat for my brain.

Next week's episode looks to bring in a lot of that "savage" stuff someone mentioned. Right on :cool: