PDA

View Full Version : Adios Uematsu

Loony BoB
11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
http://rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2004/103004b.html

Please keep in mind he may still continue to do work for FF games in the future, but it's not a guarantee. Good on him for taking his leave of SE due to a busy schedule because a talent should never be abused or taken for granted, and quality should not always be 'milked for all it's worth' when a person's time and life is taken away. However, having said that, I hope he keeps working on the FF series as a contractor. If not, it's a mighty blow to the franchise.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Uematsu is really talented. Like Mitsuda, he will be missed. Hopefully he still does video game music like he plans to, and hopefully we in America will be able to enjoy his work in other fields.

Dragoon Kain
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM
i made a topic on this the other day n they just closed it :confused: :confused:

Del Murder
11-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Well, you just made a statement without posting a real topic. At least BoB linked to an article and added commentary. Sorry about that though. :D

Polaris
11-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Oh no I don't want him to leave he is so good.... Hope that's just a rumour!

XxSephirothxX
11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Um...I'm pretty sure he's gone. :rolleyes2 He will be sorely missed. I bet he'll still do some freelance work for them, though. Or, should I say, he better! :(

Dingo Jellybean
11-10-2004, 01:26 AM
The quality of his music has been waning for years now, so it's good he decided to leave. Some people overstay their welcome, and I felt NU did that. He was obviously a great talent, but I could never really find the inspiration in his music like it was 10 years ago.

Shadow8017
11-10-2004, 07:25 AM
The quality of his music has been waning for years now, so it's good he decided to leave. Some people overstay their welcome, and I felt NU did that. He was obviously a great talent, but I could never really find the inspiration in his music like it was 10 years ago.

I always figured he'd stay on board with the main-stream FF projects like FFXII but this really sucks. His music was an inspiration to so many , and I seriously think it's his music that gave final fantasy games the touch needed to set it above the rest . That's especially true for the games before the age of flashy cinematics and what not. As for the comment above , seriously even if you somehow find the later soundtracks of FF VII-X to be sub-par , you can't honestly tell me they still don't beat the hell out of the soundtrack from FFX-2 which I thought was a disaster and FFXI which is mediocre at best. NU is a god amongst mortals compared to these new artists no matter what of his work you're comparing. I think SE is in trouble if they don't find better talent to replace him.

Wuggly Blight
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Its sad hes finally going but then, it was inevitable. It is a real shame as he is incredably telanted and who ever replaces him will have big shoes to fill, although personally I agree with shadow they wont find a good replacement, and most tracks in fial fantasy without him are a disaster of bad remixed fadish hash-ups. Who knows someone just as goood may emerge and shock us all.
Sad day indeed.

Big D
11-11-2004, 09:06 AM
FF has been diversifying a lot, lately. They've gradually changed from the old formula, so introducing new musical talent is a natural step. I'm sure Uematsu will be back for the odd game now and then, so it's not that big a deal. Besides, that article expressly says that he will continue to work with S-E and other games companies. So not much change from the present; he's just doing things at his own pace. Which means more of his own projects, which hopefully means more musical awesomeness for us to savour.

Cleric
11-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Its too bad that Uematsu is leaving, but im sure he has good reason. In my opinion the man is the god of videogame music, and i hope to mear more from him in the future

ArkBennett
11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Uematsu is supposed to become a freelancer, But I hear people have been leaving Square Enix lately.... I blame Enix... They should not even touch a FF game in my opinion.

Yuffie514
12-03-2004, 04:48 PM
i was kind of sad when i found that Nobuo is leaving :( . but the music he's composed for Final Fantasy will always be a living legacy. :fphap:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Uematsu is supposed to become a freelancer, But I hear people have been leaving Square Enix lately.... I blame Enix... They should not even touch a FF game in my opinion.

Gah, there is no proof that Enix is touching the Final Fantasy Series at all, and even if they are Enix makes GREAT games and it is not a bad thing.

Anyways, Uematsu is a great composer, but there are so many great composers out there, Final Fantasy is hardly doomed. Look at games like Phantasy Star Online and Zone of the Enders (most notably "Beyond the Bounds" from ZOE 2). They don't have Uematsu and they still have fantastic scores. So the music will be a little different, it doesn't really matter. I am sure they can find good composers to replace Uematsu.

Necronopticous
12-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Well, one of the reasons he's leaving is to freely work on the new Black Mages album and tour so I say more power to him. Final Fantasy will suffer a bit but I'll still listen to everything Uematsu makes whether its on Square games or not.

-N-
01-01-2005, 08:26 AM
People evolve - their tastes and desires evolve. You just can't cage some birds.