PDA

View Full Version : Sociology toastyoligy!

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I just need to vent how relieved I am to be done with this. This was my homework that took almost 4 hours to do tonight...

a) Identify the following seven theorists: Durkheim, Marx, Weber, Spencer, Mills, Mead, and Parsons. Based on your readings, state and discuss the major ideas, concepts, theoretical orientation of each theorist and his contributions to sociology. Make your answers concise, use key phrases and short sentences as needed.

b) Next state the four theoretical perspectives (i.e., “theories”)--functional, conflict, interactionist, and post-modern, and state for each perspective (theory) the basic assumptions, ideas, and its approach to the study of sociology. Make your answers concise, clear and inclusive of the key information you obtained from your readings. (Note: This is not a regular research paper, but a report to familiarize you with the major theorists and theories.) The paper should be approximately two to three pages long, single-spaced. Use the ‘Dropbox’ section of D2L and upload your assignment as a Microsoft Word document

I am so glad to get that out of the way. Geeze! I feel better.

The Captain
11-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Sounds like a mighty interesting, though time consuming assignment. It's always a relief to finish those off. Go relax for a while and take your mind off of it if you can.

Take care all.

Kirobaito
11-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Geez, I haven't had a big assignment this year, really. We have papers every week in AP English V, but they've become no big deal.

I remember when I had projects. Then I started taking excuses for college classes.

DMKA
11-02-2004, 05:28 AM
Wow...thats funny. I have a sociology assignment I just got today. Its a one page essay on roles in society and its not due till November 15th. XD

Peegee
11-02-2004, 10:14 AM
I have an assignment to do that I'm not quite sure how to do, not because of ignorance or incompetence, but because the wording baffles me.

I'm posting it in the help forum....

btw what is the topic here? I love the feeling of finishing assignments btw.