PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP!!!!

iluvpenelo
11-02-2004, 08:18 PM
this week im going to rhode island, boston, conneticut, providence and possibly new york im not sure yet. thanx to ppl on this site i have managed to scope out afew anime stores that im gonna hit, but here's my next query;

I know full well that i will see anime dvds in those stiores. ones that i cant get here coz this country sucks. i also know that i WILL NOT be able to play them once i get back to ireland if i decide to buy them.

so here's my question:

Does anyone know a) a device that will let me play american dvds in my european ps2/xbox/regular dvd player??

and b) where can i get it?? and if possible, where can i get it in the places i menchained il be visiting.

thanx a bunch guys

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I know a lot of video game stores carry devices that let you play Japanese games on American systems. Maybe they have something that could work.

crono_logical
11-02-2004, 09:24 PM
My recommendation is if it's ADV DVDs (ADV being the US distributor), do not get them :monster:

Alternatives for getting the DVDs to play is to rip them in your DVD drive in a computer then play them on your PC :p

iluvpenelo
11-02-2004, 09:28 PM
thanx guys :mad:

wanna name these stores undeadhero???

and wtf is adv??

Spritz
11-02-2004, 09:56 PM
ADV is a company which, to my knowledge, buys japanese anime series and sub/dubs it then distributes it to american consumers. They might just buy actual english subbed/dubbed titles and distribute them... or something x.x

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't know if they're country wide but, Gamestop, Game Force, Game Exchange, Rhino Games, Electronic Boutique, Slackers... Most of them are a great source for used games. Any used video game store is a good bet.

DMKA
11-02-2004, 11:30 PM
My recommendation is if it's ADV DVDs (ADV being the US distributor), do not get them :monster:
I don't see why not....aside of Sailor Moon, ADV has done pretty damn good...Central Park Entertainment is the one you should be avoiding.

And yeah, ADV is a company that distributes commercial subs/dubs here in the United States....they've became pretty big in the last few years. I own the Sailor Moon(first series) DVDs they released, and I must say they're the WORST commecial release I've ever wittnessed. Costed me about $100.00 too. :(

iluvpenelo
11-03-2004, 01:40 PM
everyone seems to think that the cardcaptors dub was the worst anime dub ever. i actually like cardcaptors.alot.......stop laughing at me...

Baloki
11-03-2004, 02:00 PM
You can get unlocking codes off the internet for your ordinary DVD Player which will unlock it and make it region free.

Most PC's DVD players can also be hacked in the same way.

Pick up Nadesico and Azumanga Diaoh, you won't regret it :D:D:D:D:D

Edit: and the ADV dub on Nadesico is top noche :love:

iluvpenelo
11-03-2004, 03:14 PM
thanx dude, and yeah tails rules!!