PDA

View Full Version : Extra jobs for a taru...

KentaRawr!
11-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I am lvl 30, finally..and I am wondering which job to get! already got BST, but that got old after a bit.. I was thinking of getting a Paladin, but a taru paladin wouldn't be too great, I would need all the best armor! Then I wondered.. maybe a dark knight. then I thought up dragoon... a dragoon with a WHM subjob would be GREAT defense, and I would help the party greatly! So its a battle, Defense vs Offense... which one should I pick!? >_<

Vaprice
11-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Never getting a extra job in my whole entrie time playing the game, i would think Dark Knight would be good.

Citizen Bleys
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
For a Taru? BLM is the best bet. If you want it to be an advanced job, try SMN.

chionos
11-03-2004, 10:26 PM
There's a Taru Samurai on Shiva who is reportedly the best Sam in the game. Sam/Thf i believe.
While there are jobs that are better suited for specific races(mage=taru, rng=mithra, etc) I don't think it's necessary to stick to what your race is supposedly best at. For instance I'm leveling my whm and blm right now as Galka. I don't have the best mp in the world(though astral rings help) but i don't die as easily as a taru whm or blm, when hate swings my way. And so far I'm a smart enough player to be able to compensate for my low mp, and haven't felt any loss in xp in any pts.

If you want to be the best as a Taru, stick with Whm, Blm, and Smn. But if you're a smart player and you're more interested in having fun than being the best, then try everything, and find something that interests you the most. If you want to tank, try Nin/War, which doesn't rely as much on Def. To DD, go with Drk, the extra mp from being a Taru will allow you to cast more Drains and Aspirs and Absorb-Dex and so forth. You won't hit as hard as an Elvaan Drk, but the difference won't be so catastrophic that it hurts the pt.

In short, you don't have to settle with being a whm or blm if you don't want to. Just play smart and pay attention to more experienced players, and you can take any job you want to 75.

Garland
11-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Beastmaster is the best melee job for a taru because you solo, and have to sub white mage. You'll enjoy the extra cures a Taru's high mp allows. Also, your low strength keeps you from stealing hate when you fight alongside your pet.

Bard's are great for a Taru for the same mp reason as above. You'll have to sub whm, and Bards have no natural mp, so the boost to mp a Taru provides is quite welcome.

A Taru might not have the highest vit or HP, but the MP for curing makes them quite decent paladins. Curing is the primary way a Paladin keeps hate. Tarus can cure longer.

That said, a Taru can be any job, and get pt's easily. Tarus have a hidden innate racial trait "Resist Racial Discrimination". While a Galka White Mage, or an Elvaan Black Mage might encounter scorn and disdain from the XI population, a Taru's cuteness overcomes all obstacles, and even a Taru monk, the job a Taru is probably most opposed stat wise, will get invites. Just be sure to take your cute-factor, and flaunt it. There are two groups that get cut more slack than any other, mages and tarus. Contrast that to Elvaan and melee damage dealers.

abrojtm
11-04-2004, 05:10 AM
As you get into the higher levels, your race becomes less and less important (not that it was all that important to begin with). Although you will still have considerable stat differences between classes less suited for the job, yout abilities will overweigh them.
However, I would strongly suggest not subbing a WHM with a melee job, such as DRG (unless farming). It is a waste of a sub, since you will neither be picked as the main meleer, or the main whm.

KentaRawr!
11-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Actually I liked the DRG/WHM idea because the Wyvern would use healing breath when I cast a spell lol.

hmmm... now I am thinking of Paladin.. DRK or PLD... ...or SAM... ... ... or Ninja... or Ranger............... Taru Taru power to all!! lol I guess I will do what the smart Galka said ^_^ I will try them all. :tongue: