PDA

View Full Version : Worst FF Moment Ever

Irvine
11-04-2004, 03:10 AM
What's your least favorite moment in any FF game?

Though my favorite is 8, my moment comes from that game. I just played this part today, and the Trabia Basketball court scene is the stupidest scene to grace the series yet.

Trumpet Thief
11-04-2004, 03:26 AM
Albedo: *laughs maniacally* The forced laughter scene in FFX...

Rubedo: Truly frightening.

abrojtm
11-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Any scene involving Selphie?

Chris
11-04-2004, 01:58 PM
When Cecil changed to that Aladdin character!

Gee...FFIV is in general the low point of the series.

Old Manus
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
In FFX, when the party slide down the rope to save Yuna at her wedding. It was completely absurd.

FFX-2.

thornwithin
11-05-2004, 04:13 AM
When Cecil changed to that Aladdin character!

Gee...FFIV is in general the low point of the series.

uhh... do you mean Paladin? cuz i'm pretty sure Aladdin is a character from the Arabian Nights, and has nothing to do with the coolest FF ever.

My lowest point has got to be ff8. in parictular the scene where they're all at the orphanage and they figure out the 'amazing coincidence' *cough cough gag*, but just the game in general was a pretty low point for me.

oh and in FFX, the time that Yuna talks like she's stoned. ... oh wait that's all the time.

Polaris
11-05-2004, 10:34 AM
FF8 when Rinoa kissed (I think, well she came closer to him) Seifer... in ff7 when Aeris died (no really it was stupid because everyone got suprised... like it was smth extroidinary...

Auronhart
11-05-2004, 06:29 PM
FF8 when Rinoa kissed (I think, well she came closer to him) Seifer...
She didn't kiss him, just moved closer so she could whisper to him and plus she was possessed by Ultimecia.

Del Murder
11-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Anytime someone says 'you know' in FFX. Talk about beating a phrase to death...

theundeadhero
11-07-2004, 10:52 PM
In FFV when Galuf dissapears and suddenly is replaced by his granddoughter who can do everything he used to do.

Strawberry_Mew
11-08-2004, 09:06 AM
In FFX where after u defeated Jecht and face your aeons and Yu-Yevon you have auto-life all the time so u can't die..how lame, all that work for nothing......

In FF X-2 the monkey breeding mini game.... need I say more.... :mad:

Dark Matter
11-08-2004, 03:47 PM
[FFX] Seymour kissed my lady Yuna :grumble:
[FFIX] When I knew that Kuja's a guy :weep:
[FFVIII] Adel junctioned with Rinoa :hot:
[FFVII] Sephiroth became a bad guy :whimper: :crying2:

Fate Fatale
11-08-2004, 09:06 PM
(VIII) When Seifer dissapears with the Sorceress in Disk 1. I never really got that.

theundeadhero
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
It was always Seifer's "secret romantic dream" to be a sorceress's knight. The sorceress simply provided him the opportunity at that time.

SomethingBig
11-08-2004, 11:39 PM
1- The entire game of FFX after the first hour.
2- FFVIII - The final battle. That guy are tough!
3- FFVII - The final battle. That guy are too easy.

FFanatic Of FFantasy
11-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Getting X-2 And Realizing There Are NO AEONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imperia
11-11-2004, 03:47 AM
1.) FFIV- When Rosa just stood there and allowed Golbez to grab her.

2.) FFVIII- Whenever Rinoa had to be rescued, and when she lost her spine.

3.) FFX- When Tidus fades away. It wasn't fair for Yuna!!

Mo-Nercy
11-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Laughing scene in FFX. That was weird crap.

The Chocobo Warrior
11-11-2004, 07:07 PM
FFX:
When Seymour asked Yuna to marry him. I just wanted to.... :mad:

Ryth
11-13-2004, 03:30 PM
-FFII that pansy man Gordon I just hated him soooooo much
-FFVII Aeris' death (I'd put spoiler tags but everyone else already blurted it out not everyone has gotten past disc 1 I am past it mind you put I found out about her death before I got that far and saw it)
-FFVIII Junctioning, Rinoa occasionally
-FFIX Kuja's weird ass clothing and clown make-up
-FFX Yuna's depressed pothead personality which luckily gets better in FFX-2, laughing crap, the yelling and whistling crap.
-FFX-2 no summons, Girl power thing made me feel uncomfortable and felt kinda creepy......
-FFXII Vaan all gay-ish looking, the bunny girl's face is creepy

Armisael
11-14-2004, 02:56 PM
The forced laughter scene in FFX...

Rubedo: Truly frightening.

MoonsEcho
11-14-2004, 06:04 PM
-FFXII Vaan all gay-ish looking, the bunny girl's face is creepy

Jeez, the game isn't even out yet and it's already made a 'worst FF moment ever' list? Crikey. :mad: Wouldn't it make sense to actually PLAY the game before deciding this? :rolleyes2

One winged angel of death
11-14-2004, 06:05 PM
i hated it when on ff7 they showed one of your ppl dieing and your supposed to feal bad for them then you fight a boss...how annoying...

Itsunari 2000
11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
The Junon marching game in FF7 - pointless and frustrating !

FFanatic Of FFantasy
11-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Realizing FF 11 is ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dking'squeen
11-17-2004, 01:26 AM
sorry if I post this in the wrong spot.....don't mind me...okay, the fakest scene was in FFX in the forest where Tidus and Yuna kissed. All tehy did was push thier face onto each other. And what was up with the whole underwater wonderland stuff that was going on? :mad2:

theundeadhero
11-17-2004, 02:51 AM
That's the right spot.:)

Imperia
11-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Jeez, the game isn't even out yet and it's already made a 'worst FF moment ever' list? Crikey. :mad: Wouldn't it make sense to actually PLAY the game before deciding this? :rolleyes2

I agree with MoonsEcho. The game isn't even out yet, and you're already jumping to conclusions, Sephiroth. Also, just because Vaan a bishonen doesn't mean he's gay.

Anyway, I think I have other 'worst moments:'

FFVI- When General Leo is killed.
FFVII- Aeris' death.
FFX-2- When Ormi was recording in this one scene, he took a shot of Yuna's butt. What a pervert.

Doomgaze
11-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Ooh, soft.

NashX
11-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Waiting for those stars to GO AWAY in the intro to FFVII.

Old Manus
11-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Ooh, soft.

LunarWeaver
11-20-2004, 10:36 PM
The first time I used the junction/draw system

Shadow_Talon
11-21-2004, 09:46 AM
there are some pretty suckie moments but these would be the worst

FFX- that bloody laughing scene.....creepy stuff

FFX-2- the stupid lightning tower game (u know what i mean) and NO AEONS!!!! wasnt happy oh and Ormi being the pevert filming yunas tush

Remnant
11-21-2004, 09:25 PM
The part where my pre-played FFIX disk is scratched and won't go past. Guess I'll have to drop $20 bucks. Thank goodness we have memory cards and not built in batteries.

FFanatic Of FFantasy
11-22-2004, 12:04 AM
Zidane taking the main role in FF9........AND theres also Quina (Shiver!)

XxSephirothxX
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
The scene in FFVIII when they revealed that everyone was from the same orphanage, and the GFs had made them lose their memories.

At that moment, I lost all respect for the game, and, instead of simply disliking it, began to hate it with a fiery passion.

DMKA
11-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Laughing scene in FFX. That was weird crap.
I found it hot.

Remnant
11-22-2004, 04:27 AM
The scene in FFVIII when they revealed that everyone was from the same orphanage, and the GFs had made them lose their memories.

At that moment, I lost all respect for the game, and, instead of simply disliking it, began to hate it with a fiery passion.

In defense of VIII, that scene suffers from a backwards looking view of the situation. Viewed chronologically, it makes much more sense:

Heavy spoilerage going on here

The sorceress Adel engages in a horrible war.
As tends to happen in such things, there were many casualties.
Many children were left without parents, and wound up in orphanages.
The Gardens are created for the purpose of stopping the next sorceress. They train children from a young age to be elite mercenaries. A natural source for such trainees would be the orphanages, as there would be fewer messy details involving parents.

So, it is not unlikely that the SeeD members were orphans. I would imagine many other Garden students were under similar circumstances.

One can imagine the Garden organization paying generously foster parents who agreed to care for the child during their formative years and then send them to the Gardens for training.

The GFs are contraversial weapons, and memory loss was rumored since before the start of the game. In fact, of the three Gardens, only Balum makes use of them. One can see Cid being willing to pay yet another very human cost for the greater good of stopping the sorceress. If I had to guess, I would say Cid knew full well the effect they had on memory.

Storm
11-22-2004, 05:34 AM
The love scene in FFX between Tidus and Yuna is a disgrace to old school Final Fantasy players.

Auronhart
11-22-2004, 06:39 AM
*agrees with remnant*. It's not as big a coincidence as others seem to think. Uh, the worst moment...I would have to say FF9 (the only part I will not include in that statement was the "your not alone" scene, but afterwards they just go on like nothing's happened :mad2: )

Zidane taking the main role in FF9
That too...

Itsunari 2000
12-04-2004, 01:50 AM
In FF8 , Squall and co.'s escape from the D-District Prison - ok , it's all very spectacular -but having to run back and forth between the two parties ,floor by floor when there are a hundred-thousand monsters and G-soldiers looking to deal out some punishment on your ass is justtedious and irritating .

Auronhart
12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
In FF8 , Squall and co.'s escape from the D-District Prison - ok , it's all very spectacular -but having to run back and forth between the two parties ,floor by floor when there are a hundred-thousand monsters and G-soldiers looking to deal out some punishment on your ass is justtedious and irritating .
Well, that is my least favorite part of FF8, but not the worst part of the series no matter how annoying it is.

DarKye-
12-05-2004, 12:02 PM
The first part of the World of Ruin in FFVI.
I like Terra. I didn't liked to play without her. =/

DarkMaelstrom
12-11-2004, 12:34 AM
When Aeris died. The first time i saw it i was like, "Dont do it Sephiroth, dont do it. DONT DO IT DO'H HE DID IT." that was BS

GhandiOwnsYou
12-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Jeez, there are just too many...

FFVII: Comatose Cloud. That was freaking retarded. I build him into a raving lunatic powerhouse of a man wioth the ability to kill damn near anything in one hit, and you TAKE HIM AWAY?! FOR TIFA?!

FFVIII: Seifer being playable for like, two seconds. the whole thing with the ragnarok puzzle, that was annoying as hell. Then you've got PuPu. the only miniquest in that game i DIDN'T beat. freaking PuPu. and to shame on all other games, lack of moombas. Moombas kick Mog's ass. Moombas rock. More Moombas, all the time. so, the suck part of all later FF is lack of Moombas.

FFIX: Steiner. Steiner BLOWS. I hate Steiner. that, and having to take that bug train thing fifteen million times (or so it seemed at least) Alos, the whole thing with the other planet. that was just annoying. i don't know why, it just bugged the hell out of me.

FFX: Laughing scene. Yuna's voice. Seymour's uber creepy 70's style oepn chested shirt and pedophile love. ugh... Nuf said.

FFX-2: Brothers "emotional" attachment to Yuna. The entire character of Leblanc and Ormi (Logos roxors) and the practice of STILL not saying Tidus. ever. you don't even get to choose his name in the sequel, SOMEONE can utter something other than "him".

FFXI: Online. Dubya Tee Eff mates. At least make it non canon, FF online or something, but now i'm gonna ahve a whole in my collection cuz they wanted to Innovate.

Keep in mind i adore ALL FF games, with the exception off FFXI. *mutter something about morons.* I just obviously have pet peeves in all of them. the laughing scene takes the cake though.

Martyr
12-11-2004, 05:48 AM
In FFV, there were all these semi-conflicts.

Like when Lenna eats this weed that will cure Hiryuu but is deadly poison for humans. She faints and everybody goes beserk for a few minutes. The characters gather around her and make insignificant sprite moves until she gets up and is healed.
Can you say, "Anticlimactic?" The problem is that something dumb like this happens all the time. It's an RPG. I'm expecting to have to play without Lenna or Faris, or something, and seek out a cure for the poison weed. But nope! Everything magically fixes itself.
TAKE IT OUT OF THE GAME!

That crap never helped the plot. It was like a foreign injection of garbage. Low grade heroin.

Slade
12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
FF VII's translation...........god damn had to play it like, 20 times to work out what the hell people were on about. Also Cait Sith going from normal to hill billy/hic/GET OFF MY PROPERTY OR I GET MY BOOMSTICK AND BLOW YER BLOCK OFF.....accent (creeeeeepy)

Crazy the Clown
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
The fact that Square-Enix decided to skip Final Fantasy III (Japanese.) in making the series for the PlayStation, which sucks, because I was hoping to pride myself on having all the titles.

Here's my idea for the ladies and gentlemen who work at Square-Enix: Pair up Final Fantasy III with the Secret of Mana for a last-ditch effort in the Square-Enix PlayStation titles. Final Fantasy-Forgotten Fantasies. Nice ring to it, huh?

turnitup5000db
01-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmmm... well, there are some really bad ones to choose from... lets see... how about... SPOILERS FROM HERE ON!!!

[COLOR=Black]FFIV: Rydia makes you lose the TRULY AWSOME jumping powers of Kain by Casting titan, then replaces him with a level one caller who now, suddenly, cant cast titan.
FFIV: Rydia once more makes you lose your party when she is swallowed by leviathan, who proceeds to sink your ship.
FFIV: Kain fighting Cecil alone, and the imposibility of winning.
FFIV: !#!#$!%@%@ PINK TAIL!!!!
FFIV: Golbez becomes a good guy, but can you use him? NO! (and in spite of all this, I LOVE this game!)
FFV: The entire story.
FFVI: When you had to catch a fish to make Cid better, or he died.
FFVI: When you got the all powerful and awesome general Leo in your party... and he died 20 seconds later.
FFVII: Aeris Dying. That was pointless and depressing, and really served no purpose in the plot.
FFVII: Clouds wheelchair coma. He looked like he was trying to headbang with too much gell in his hair.
FFVII: Holy actually HELPING Meteor. Talk about your aww crap moments.
FFMQ: The lack of a free ranging world map
FFMQ: The screwy magic system
FFMQ: The final boss and the way you could kill him with ONE casting of life. Which never misses.
CHRONO TRIGGER: You couldn't turn Glenn back from a frog. Sorry, folks... thats my biggest and only problem with this game.COLOR]

And thats about it...

Alexander
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
and the Trabia Basketball court scene is the stupidest scene to grace the series yet.

kikimm
01-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Ugh.

X-2::: Whenever one of the three girls clapped their hands together. The giddiness in the that game is...overwhelming, and even as a girl, it was hard for me to play/understand. Yuck.
VII:::I don't remember the name of the place, but where you help that sort of underground-ish city, doing a sort of strategic war....that was hell.
IX:::The gargant puzzle. Took me forever, because I kept freaking out.

And, of course, the laughing scene from X. What the hell?

:D