PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents

Nephiliam
11-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I am having a difficult time trying to decide what to get my boyfriend for xmas. :/ I know some of what he is getting me and I know I won't have that much money to spend on him. 0.o Plus he has most of everything he wants.. So what to get for him? :/ He is into anime and games and books.. I know he loves Slayers because he has all of the first Slayers and all of another of the series.. all of Berserk.. He has nearly all the games he wants except Suikoden 3, and the ones that haven't come out yet. Can anyone help me? :(

And just so this isn't only a scream for help.. what do you think you will get? What do you want? What are you getting for other people? :)

Rostum
11-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Get him Suikoden 3 then?

Dingo Jellybean
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I maybe want some hats of my choosing...but I really want an iPod. A Nissan Maxima would be nice as well.

escobert
11-04-2004, 10:03 PM
I dont know what I want. I want a new car but that'll never happen :(

Rostum
11-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Oh yeah... I really want an iPod too, I have around 150 albums that I just need to put onto an iPod, so much more convenient. I also want to get a nice black leather strap for my acoustic guitar. Umm... I want some more music cd's and possibly the Australian version of FFXI or WoW, not sure. Umm umm... umm... yeah. =)

I would say this: http://www.maton.com.au/electrics/ms2000DLX.asp but, I don't think I would get it, seeing as it's around $2,600AUD. =(

Chris
11-04-2004, 10:18 PM
I want a Pocket Station.

Shlup
11-04-2004, 11:10 PM
There are a ton of DVDs I want, and a few Japanese figures. Not much else.

I have a secret list of things to get my boyfriend this year. I always have trouble buying him stuff, so this year I started writing down all my ideas months in advance. Its very handy.

Peegee
11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Money and/or love and/or love antics are always good.

TasteyPies
11-04-2004, 11:22 PM
You should give him the best gift a woman can give a man, video games. What did you think I was going to say?

Strider
11-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I haven't hit upon anything to get my girlfriend for Christmas yet, and I don't even know what I want yet. I usually don't give it much thought until Thanksgiving crops up.

Logan
11-05-2004, 01:25 AM
I don't know what I want, other than this bag that my dad "didn't" buy off of ebay for me. (it's courderoy and brown and patchwork and very NICE. and he did buy it. but he said he didn't. :D) BUT that might be for my birthday, I'm not sure.

I'm getting my dad this thing that makes ocean sounds so he can sleep better. I'm getting my stepmom amber earrings. I'm getting my sister a pretty bracelet. And I don't know what I'm getting my two older sisters..

Venom65437
11-05-2004, 01:30 AM
I just want someone to love. :love:

I know who I want, but that probably isn't going to happen. :cry:

I'd settle for someone else thou if I have too! :love:

Fuzakeru
11-05-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm going to give Myles lots and lots of hot, steamy, delicious homemade Christmas desserts.

Seriously, uhm . . . I think I'm going to get him either a nice watch or a cool Idoioioi ( don't remember the spelling ) katana. :)

Kirobaito
11-05-2004, 04:13 AM
I'd really like John Denver's Country Roads Collection. I have his two Greatest Hits Albums, and I like them a lot, but I'd like the Country Roads Collection. 79 songs spanning over 25 years. I'd love to have it. From <i>Leaving, On a Jet Plane</i> to <i>Shanghai Breezes</i>.

I'd also like MGS: Snake Eater. Other than those two, I don't really know.

My parents don't tell me what they want, so I just let them buy their spouses' gift from me.

Nephiliam
11-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Hmm.. maybe I will get him Suikoden 3 and maybe.. that Slayers graphic novel. And the short Slayers movie he hasn't bought because it is so short.

Take a look at my info page on my livejournal to see some of what I want. xD I also want a few video games as well. :/ And some clothes and a few complete boxsets of my favorite shows. :D OH! And a Nintendo DS. :D That comes out Nov 21st so I might be able to get that for xmas!!

DMKA
11-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Secks and candy and Dr. Pepper and the Sailor Moon R boxed set and Excel Saga the Imperfect Collection and the Gravitation boxed set.

SomethingBig
11-05-2004, 05:53 AM
Nothing beats love, my dear. I mean get him DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyball for the X Box.

I originally wanted a digital camera, since I'm tired of not having any pictures of me. I wasn't really worrying about paying for the video-games that I've been planning on getting because I was planning on getting a job, but since I've been too lazy to go job hunting, I'm probably just going to get a bunch of video-games for Christmas.

escobert
11-05-2004, 06:14 AM
Money and/or love and/or love antics are always good.
I love teh PG

Silmaril
11-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Tell him your love for him goes beyond superficial things and don't get him anything.

Or just get Suikoden 3.

Ichy
11-05-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't really ask for anything. I work, and as such I buy what I need/want, which makes me extremely difficult to shop for. After I've bought these things, however, and all my bills are paid I have very little left to pay for one of my largest addictions: Tattoos. Now, since most people I know (specifically family) would never follow me into a Tattoo shop, I usually just recieve money in exchange for the promise that I don't show them the final product until it's healed.

All in all, I don't ask for anything, and that's a fairly big thing since my B-Day's a week before X-Mas, too. Just not a focus of my lifestyle, you know? My friends are cool with that, cheaper on them. Mom and Dad, on the other hand, can't resist and usually just hand me some cash.

Now, as for your BF. I'm not saying this is %100, but in most cases Fabric=Bad. The book and video game are way cool ideas, though, and you know he wants them. Sounds like you have a plan :)

Teek
11-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Buying presents for others is really a hard thing to do, because I've found that buying them simple objects that they currently want, it ends with them not caring about it. I bought my friend things for his truck for his birthday, and he ended up getting a new car not long after.

Sometimes, getting them things that you know they'll appreciate in the long run is what counts. A wallscroll comes to mind - it's a good gift for me, because it'll go on the wall and not come off. Books are good ideas, as long as they are long-standing. My mom bought me one of my favorite books, The Fountainhead, only the bigger, new edition and wrote a note in it. Something that showed that she cared, and it catered to my interests.

Think about your boyfriend - what does he enjoy? If he seems very interested in the way that he is presented, then maybe fashion is the way to go, but I'd suspect that buying him something (considering his interests) in regards to merchandise for an anime may be better. I got a bunch of Evangelion illustrations one year, and I loved that.

theundeadhero
11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
He already has the whole Berserk set. What more does a mere mortal man need? Monkeys.

Dingo Jellybean
11-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I want an iPod Mini. I mean granted, it's "only" 4GBs and it's $250 compared to the 15GB iPod that's $250 as well, but has anyone seen it? It's smaller and my Samsung e715 cell phone. It's only half an inch thick, 2" wide, and 3.5" tall. My God...it's so damn cute and slick...I gotta have it.