PDA

View Full Version : FF9 music Codecs

CloudZidaneFusion
11-04-2004, 11:43 PM
I downloaded the mp3s of ff9 music, so i finally could listen to them on my pc without the midi crappieness. I go to play them and... I dont have the codecs :cry:. Does anybody know where i can download them?

Chris
11-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Why don't you just download all four discs via my link.

On this side you don't need any codecs or nuttin'.

And you can even download an entire disc at a time.

Final Fantasy IX soundtrack download. (http://www.ffshrine.org/ff9/ff9_midi.php)

CloudZidaneFusion
11-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Thx... But these are midis. I need mp3 because the midi format lowers the quality. Compare the music in the midis to the music in the game. Mp3s should sound more like the real thing.

Doomgaze
11-06-2004, 01:33 AM
It's not that midi format LOWERS the quality, it's that midi is some tonedeaf moron banging on his keyboard to reproduce the sound in a crappy format that varies from computer to computer. It's not a data conversion from the OST, it's a manual process. So, Chris, please stop posting that. Those suck. Thanks.

Now, then... how can you possibly not have the mp3 codecs on your computer? The file extension IS .mp3, right? And not, say, .ogg or .flac? What media player are you using?

Assuming that you somehow don't have the codecs, you could just download WinAMP (http://www.winamp.com) which should have them. Any media player should, really.

Faith
11-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow. Thats deep Doomgaze.

crono_logical
11-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Though true for most midis on the Internet :p

Anyway, MP3 support comes with Windows itself (certainly newer versions) - I'd recommend reinstalling Windows if that's broken, since that shouldn't happen, and it's likely other codecs are borked too. You could get Winamp as previously mentioned as a temporary fix to let you play those files though.

CloudZidaneFusion
11-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Im downloading winamp because WMP dosnt seem to work with it. It says i dont have the codecs, but i cant find them anyweres. I hope your right and it can play them. Btw, funny comment about midis

Winamp dosn't work... And they are mp3s. Maby its just a problem with the files themselves

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button to add more to your post. -Murder

Doomgaze
11-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Where'd you get them? If you have AIM, could you send me one? I'm curious.