PDA

View Full Version : Favorite final battleground in a game?

Lord Chainsaw
11-05-2004, 05:26 AM
What's just an all around awesome place to have a final battle. Those places you see and think to yourself "Damn! This is one cool final battleground."

It doesn't have to be from an RPG. It can be any game. Which last boss' lair has just been the all around coolest place to fight?

With non-RPGs the coolest final battleground I've ever been in was the castle from Klonoa 2. Klonoa 1 had a pretty badass second-last boss battleground, but alas! You can see the sun setting through the windows casting a gloomy golden color on the entire grandiose room. It really gives you a feeling of sorrow as if the day is ending. Rings circle the final boss, reflected across the stained glass windows of the golden, high-walled cathedral. All around cool place to have a final battle.

RPGs- I have to give it to Star Ocean 3, only for that awesome FMV of the final battleground before the fight. There's a giant computer in the back that looks like an organ, and many black and white rotating doors circling the arena with a giant pendelum swinging back and forth in the foreground. You fight on a transparent disc with bridges on both sides of it.

I'd like to hear of some all out kickass final battlegrounds. In an attempt to keep the topic spoiler free, try not to tell who the last boss actually is or the actual name of the last level. Just tell the game and describe the final battleground.

Note: Kickass music optional.

SomethingBig
11-05-2004, 06:06 AM
I like the final battleground from CT. It just looked cool and the music was incredible.

escobert
11-05-2004, 06:18 AM
I like tactics final battle ground for some reason.

Rainecloud
11-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Fighting in the Hornburg in the LoTR game was quite excellent.

As for RPGs? Well, Final Fantasy VII's insane crater battle wins my vote.

edczxcvbnm
11-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Final battles huh?

Zone of the Enders 2 had a hell of an awesome final battle(s). Fighting in hyper space was sooo cool.

Then I have to give it up for Metal Gear Solid 2. That had a really great final battle(s). The Metal Gear Rays in a VR type area followed by a sword fight on a rooftop at dawn. Just awesome.

Venom65437
11-05-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm very partial to the final battle in Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The wrecked castle, the thunder and lightning, the huge Ganon, how dark it is, being surrounded by the fire......

I don't know, it was just one of the few times I really felt like something was on the line in a last battle of a video game.

Lord Chainsaw
11-05-2004, 11:25 PM
I felt more impressed with the second-last battle in Ocarina of Time than the last battle.

I enjoyed the organ and the giant platforms. Falling didn't kill you, but did send you way the hell down there. I liked the atmosphere there. That fight is my favorite Zelda battle to this day.

Fuzakeru
11-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Zone of the Enders 2 had a hell of an awesome final battle(s). Fighting in hyper space was sooo cool.

That game was sooo cool. :love: Jehuty = teh win.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Then I have to give it up for Metal Gear Solid 2. That had a really great final battle(s). The Metal Gear Rays in a VR type area followed by a sword fight on a rooftop at dawn. Just awesome.The fact that it's the roof of Federal Hall just adds to it.

Del Murder
11-06-2004, 02:20 AM
A bridge over a flaming pit inside a castle. (SMB)

Doomgaze
11-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Sonic 3, The Doomsday Zone, flying through space :D

I think it was 3, at least. Maybe 2.

Trumpet Thief
11-06-2004, 03:08 AM
chaos: The third/second final battle in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the clock tower. Not only was that place huge, but to see the moon above you, and the colourful battleground was grand.

Albedo: *laughs maniacally* Bad thing about it was that it didn't really count as a boss battle, considering all you had to do was play the Oath of Order to end that battle...

Maxico
11-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Final battles huh?

I actualy prefered the high altitude battle ship fight to that. All the ships, missiles, explosions and the music is just awsome.

Storm
11-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I really liked the Blitzball stadium in Final Fantasy X. I can't think of anything better than that at the moment.

edczxcvbnm
11-07-2004, 07:57 AM
I actualy prefered the high altitude battle ship fight to that. All the ships, missiles, explosions and the music is just awsome.

I agree that that was cool as well as the battle with the LEGIONS of robots facing off but this is about only final battles :crying2:

Craig
11-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Hmm I can't really think of 1 at the moment but off the top of my head i'd say the final battle of Sonic Adventure 2 with Sonic and Shadow transforming then laying into a giant Lizard, had a wicked song to go with it too.

Erased
11-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I'd have to say
Devil May Cry

square_is_the_best
11-08-2004, 12:32 AM
You beat me to it Erased.

Ill say FFX. Cool boss by itself. Arena on a latform sticking out and surrounded by what SEEMS to be lava. Then theres the music...

Doomgaze
11-08-2004, 06:20 AM
I agree that that was cool as well as the battle with the LEGIONS of robots facing off but this is about only final battles :crying2:
God, yeah. I love huge battles.