PDA

View Full Version : breeding chocobos

illusiionary
11-05-2004, 04:28 PM
i dont get it.. how do you breed chocobos? when you catch chocobos you give get them after battles.. but you cant encounter any enemies that way (or other chocobos) i dont get it! x_x' please explain the whole process? :confused:

Zante
11-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Chocobo breeding can be prety confusing. Check the FFVII FAQ- there's a quide to breeding chocobos there (http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635).

TheSpoonyBard
11-05-2004, 08:54 PM
In order to begin catching Chocobos so you can breed them, you will need the following things:

1) Chocobo Lure Materia: Purchased from Chocobo Billy on Disc 1 for 2,000 gil, or found on the Chocobo Ranch on Discs 2 and 3.

2) Six Stables: Purchased from Chocobo Bill for 10,000 gil each.

3) Two Carob Nuts: Can be stolen from Vladorakos (red dinosaur creature) near Bone Village, or choose the first ??????? prize (the one that costs 300 GP) at the Wonder Square in the Gold Saucer

4) One Zeio Nut: Can be stolen from a Goblin. These are found on Goblin Island, which is due east of Bone Village.

5) Five Mimmet Greens: Can be bought from Chocobo Billy for 1,500 gil. You need these to stop the Chocobo from running during battle.

Breeding a Gold Chocobo

For some people this can take weeks, but if you follow all these steps it should take about 4 hours.

1) Capture one male and one female Great Chocobo from Mideel, and one male and one female Good Chocobo from the Gold Saucer Area. Place them in four of your 6 stables. Go to the Chocobo Sage (north of Bone Village) and buy 80 Sylkis Greens. Go back to the stables and feed each Chocobo 20 Sylkis Greens. Go to the Gold Saucer and go to the Chocobo Square. Talk to Ester and chose one of your Chocobos to race with. After 3 races it will move up to a B rank, and a further 5 races will move it up into A rank. Repeat this process with the other 3 Chocobos. If they are not performing too well then feed them more Sylkis Greens. Once all four Chocobos have an A rank, return to the stables and save your game.

2) Talk to Chocobo Billy and chose to mate the male Great with the female Good, and chose to give them a Carob Nut. They should produce a Blue Chocobo. Write down the sex of the new Blue Chocobo, and go out of the ranch and save again. Go back into the ranch and talk to Chocobo Billy again, but this time chose to mate the male Good with the female Great, and give them a Carob Nut. You should get a Green Chocobo. You need to make sure that the sex of the Green Chocobo is not the same as the Blue Chocobo. If it is, then reset the game and try again. After you have got both a Blue and a Green Chocobo of opposite sexes, you can release the four yellow Chocobos. Buy some more Sylkis Greens from the Chocobo Sage and feed them to your Green and Blue Chocobos. Return to the Gold Saucer and race the Blue and Green Chocobos up to an A rank. Once they are at an A rank, return to the stables and save your game.

3) Go inside, talk to Chocobo Billy, chose to mate the Blue and the Green Chocobos with a Carob Nut, and they should produce a Black Chocobo. If they do, then save your game. If they don't, then reset and try again. Once you have a Black Chocobo you need to catch a yellow Wonderful Chocobo of the opposite sex. Go to the Icicle Inn area and capture as many Chocobos as you can, as the Wonderful ones are quite rare. Once you have a Black and a Wonderful Chocobo feed them Sylkis Greens and raise them both to an A rank. Go back to the Chocobo Ranch and save your game.

4) Is this starting to look familiar? Go inside, talk to Chocobo Billy, chose to mate the Black Chocobo with the Wonderful Chocobo, but this time give them the Zeio Nut. They should produce a Gold Chocobo, and if all the parent Chocobos you've used so far have been fed with Sylkis Greens and raised to an A rank, it should have a speed of between 190 and 210 km/h, and should have over 1,500 stamina. I recommend now that you save your game again, just in case something happens and all your hard work goes down the drain.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but you don't actually have to breed a Gold Chocobo. On Disc 3 you can defeat the Ruby WEAPON in the Gold Saucer Desert and receive the Desert Rose. You can then trade the Desert Rose with the traveller in Kalm for a Gold Chocobo. It doesn't have the amazing racing abilities of one that you bred yourself, but hey.

One winged angel of death
11-08-2004, 09:10 PM
okay. first you get chocobo lure and go either to the snowcaps or mideal ceatch at least one wounderful chocobo and get two great chocobos then....train the the great chocobos to at least rank B (better chance a suggestion) then bread them with carob nut..to get carob nut go to the bone village and steal from one of those red raptor looking things....then you breed them. you'll possibly get a blue or a green or mabey a yellow. if ya get a green cheak it's gender...wait a day or a couple hours get back on or go back there. then bread the great chocobos again possibly you'll get either a blue green or yellow chocobo. wait another day or a couple of hours then go back to the ranch and breed the femal and male green and blue chocobo. you'll get a black hopefully. then wait a day or a couple of hours after saveing for the millionth time :( go back..then breed the wounderful chocobo and the black chocobo with a certain nut. i'll cheak it later. then you'll get the gold chocobo. good luck! :)

novarta
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
i have heard that if you mix two gold chobos you have silver chocobo, and then i´ve heard that whit silver chocobo you can find a hidden summon from the bottom of the sea.
but i am not sure if thats thru.

DJZen
11-23-2004, 08:10 PM
You can only do that if you have already revived Aeris and have a FFVI game saved on the same memory card with a revived General Leo and Cecil.

TheSpoonyBard
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
:D Please take into account DJzen's sarcasm when reading the above post.

Auronhart
11-24-2004, 02:15 AM
:lol:

One winged angel of death
11-25-2004, 08:11 PM
hn...interesting...i thought i had all the summons...good thing i saved my game before goin' into the crater....i'll try it...ha....thanks for tellin' me (i'm a code breaker and tester give me codes and i'll try and bust 'em)