PDA

View Full Version : Were is my 3d Cinimatics? (ff4)

CloudZidaneFusion
11-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I bought Final Fantasy Chronicals (the ff4/chrono trigger combo) and on the back it said there was 3d cinimatics in ff4. I have played far into the game and i have not seen one cinematic, except the one that takes place Before you reach the menu screen. Where are my Cinematics!!!!!!!!!? :mad2:

Big D
11-05-2004, 11:01 PM
There's that one before the title screen, and another one when you complete the game, after the end credits. But that's all.
The actual content of the game itself has been left virtually unaltered, just like the PlayStation re-releases of FFV and VI.

DJZen
11-05-2004, 11:33 PM
And there was much rejoicing

CloudZidaneFusion
11-05-2004, 11:35 PM
That sucks.

theundeadhero
11-06-2004, 12:01 AM
*rejoice*

Big D
11-06-2004, 12:10 AM
That sucks.Perhaps; but if they did add cinematic cut-scenes into the game, then the die-hard, old-school fanatics would be all like "omg u hav defiled my gaem! I h8 Square! U ruin evarything!"
And that would suck too.
;)

DJZen
11-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Yeah, can't please everyone. Besides, it's a fun game without 'em.

Doomgaze
11-06-2004, 02:46 AM
Did you see the opening movie? It's horrible. I don't see how you could possibly want more of that.

Trumpet Thief
11-06-2004, 03:02 AM
chaos: There is more to a game then pretty, pretty graphics. Sometimes square concentrates more on that than the actually gameplay, which isn't too great either.

Rubedo: Just try out the game first; when I played it, I got hooked!

Del Murder
11-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Edge fighting Rubicant made it worth seeing.

Big D
11-06-2004, 04:22 AM
I enjoyed the scene of Rydia with her whip (I know that sounds horrendously questionable, but that's not what I meant). The magic effects were pretty neat, and I'm glad the costume and hair in those FMVs matches what the characters actually have in the game, unlike the FMVs from FFV and VI. The scene with the entire team was quite good, too.Did you see the opening movie? It's horrible. I don't see how you could possibly want more of that.Yeah, the quality of the animation is fairly poor, compared with what the system is capable of. But then, the FFIV FMVs were made a year or so before FFVII was released; the visual style is slightly similar, but the FFIV scenes look like the "primitive ancestor" of what came next.

Flashback007
11-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Yeah, can't please everyone. Besides, it's a fun game without 'em.

I agree with him. Futher more the brought out the game, so that you can replay old games from the FF-series, that you cannot find anywhere, not matter how hard you look. (Unless you look in 2nd hand stores ofcourse). And when you buy it, you want to feel the game as it was (at least I did). But I can imagine that you're shocked. FFIV was my first game besides the modern FF's (FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX). I was pretty shocked to when I first saw the images. But later on I liked it very much. I hope you will do to, CloudeZidaneFusion

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm glad the costume and hair in those FMVs matches what the characters actually have in the game, unlike the FMVs from FFV and VI.The FMV in all three games were faithful to Amano's character designs. It's just that, in FFIV, the characters were pretty faithful to his designs to begin with.

Big D
11-06-2004, 06:17 PM
The FMV in all three games were faithful to Amano's character designs. That, I do know
It's just that, in FFIV, the characters were pretty faithful to his designs to begin with.You mean, Amano actually designed Rydia with green hair? Wouldn't that be the only time he's ever drawn a non-blonde female character?

Chris
11-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Is actually quite strange that the FMV's in FFIV were so poor, compared to the ones used in FFV which were clearly of better quality.
Weren't the two games remade at the same time?

Necronopticous
11-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Perhaps; but if they did add cinematic cut-scenes into the game, then the die-hard, old-school fanatics would be all like "omg u hav defiled my gaem! I h8 Square! U ruin evarything!"
And that would suck too.
;)

Wait, you mean they didn't say that anyway? Jesus, who have I been talking to.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 08:19 PM
You mean, Amano actually designed Rydia with green hair? Wouldn't that be the only time he's ever drawn a non-blonde female character?http://www.eyesonff.com/ff4/characters.shtml
Is actually quite strange that the FMV's in FFIV were so poor, compared to the ones used in FFV which were clearly of better quality.
Weren't the two games remade at the same time?No, they were released about a year apart.

Takara
11-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Weren't the FMVs for FFIV made for the WonderSwan re-release, or am I mistaken? I don't know when that version was released, but I believe it was prior to Anthology.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
The WSC remake happened way after the PS rerelease, and the WSC couldn't support FMV, anyway.

Big D
11-06-2004, 11:28 PM
The Anthology version of FFIV has got "copyright 1992, 1998, 1999, 2002" on the label, suggesting it was re-made in 1998. That'd put it halfway between FFVII and FFVIII. It doesn't really explain why the FMVs are so much poorer than FFVII, but I guess the remakes didn't have the same time and budget that the other projects did.
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff4/characters.shtmlWow, Rydia and Tellah are just about the only characters who resemble their in-game appearances, in the original game or the FMVs.

DJZen
11-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Wasn't Tobal No. 1 released before ANY of the PS FF games? 'Cause that game had really good FMVs.