PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Manga book.

DeBlayde
11-06-2004, 05:29 AM
I've started reading the Rurouni Kenshin manga. The author, Watsuki something-or-other (deBlayde <--- too lazy to get up and find a book to check the name) his artwork is really superior to many of the other manga titles I've browsed.

Besides which, Kenshin is awesome. Looks like a girl, but still really awesome. And there's swords. I like swords. they're shiny. (swords = :love: ) What really impresses me about the title, though, is the attention to detail Watsuki spends on the technique of swordplay. The characters actually grasp the weapons right! yay for Watsuki!!! :roll:

I beg pardon. Technique is a pet peeve of mine. like that Kill Bill pile of smelt. :mad:

Polaris
11-08-2004, 09:59 AM
I like to read Vampire.... I love everything that it has to be with vampires

TheAbominatrix
11-08-2004, 10:30 AM
My favorite manga are:
Code Name: Sailor V (Naoko Takeuchi)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon (Naoko Takeuchi)
Fruits Basket
Kare Kano
Mars
Othello
Aria
Tsubasa (Clamp)
Hana Yori Dango aka Boys Over Flowers

hmm... that's all I can think of at the moment.

Fuzakeru
11-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Love Hina
Negima
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Battle Vixen ( panty shot heaven )
Ayashi no Ceres
Hellsing
Psychic Academy
Trigun
Chobits
GetBackers
Real Bout High School ( my favorite as far as art goes )
Galaxy Angels
Wish

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any right now. I love manga.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2004, 05:27 PM
<ul type="square"><li>Battle Angel Alita
<li>Vagabond
<li>Maison Ikkoku
<li>Battle Angel Alita: Last Order</ul>

Armisael
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
i have only read Eva manga-what a surprise!-and a little of Kenshin Love Hina,Oh my Goddess! and CCS..they were all very good..

Female Ryuichi
11-08-2004, 07:02 PM
The WISH manga is my favourite one. Oh, and some random boy love series you've never heard of :love:

aeris2001x2
11-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Battle Angel Alita i agree is amazing. my fav Manga ever in fact!

Battle Angel Alita: Last Order...alarm bells! when was this released? where can i get it? please tell me :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Its English release started last year, but for some reason it stagnated for a long time after Vol. 3 came out. I found Vol. 4 a couple days ago, though, so I guess it's back in gear again.

I forgot:<ul type="square"><li>Blade of the Immortal</ul>

Aurey
11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Whilst, I'm no longer a manga/anime freak, I do remember reading and liking Vagabond. But I didn't read the whole serie, I think I just forgot about it.

krissy
11-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Co-Ed Sexstacy

Shlup
11-09-2004, 08:29 AM
My favorite manga is Mars. Yup.

black orb
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
>>> Since Im downloading everything from the internet, I havent bought a manga book in ages.. :P

kikimm
11-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Hee hee...I just really started getting into it a couple months ago....a little before last summer; before, I thought anime/manga was totally lame and ugly...*sigh* I'm glad I'm past that.

Out of the ones that I've read, Hiatari Ryoukou is, by far, my favorite. It's genius. That's why it's in my sig---easy access for all of you lazy bums. Now go read it. Actually, go read anything by Adachi; some of his characters in different mangas do look...a bit similar, I admit, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's awesome. It's not too long, but, in my eyes, perfect.

:D

Shlup
11-10-2004, 03:24 AM
>>> Since Im downloading everything from the internet, I havent bought a manga book in ages.. :P
Me either. xD

Resha
11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
~Groove Adventure Rave : such a happy manga
~Get Backers : fantastic storyline
~Ragnorok: bee-yoo-tiful art. 'Nuff said.
~Ranma 1/2 : hilarioussssssssss

Heartless
11-10-2004, 03:29 PM
i have only read Eva manga-what a surprise!-and a little of Kenshin,Love Hina,Oh my Goddess! and CCS..they were all very good..
exactly the same..afterall we read these together.. :D

StarlightAngel
11-11-2004, 12:27 AM
What I own

Rouroni Kenshin
.Hack//SIGN
Rave Master
Tsubasa
Naruto

What I've read

CCS
Fruits Basket

I want to read more manga, but my small allowence of $5 a week doesn't let me very often. I did win that $60 in bingo which helped alot. :D

p.s. I don't play bingo unless it's supporting my school.

Bernhard
11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
That would have to be Blame! at the moment.

Kurohime
11-16-2004, 04:03 AM
*prepares for all the mass-lynching*

I'm a huge Inuyasha fan. I just wish it wasn't associated so much with the mass hoardes of prepubescent screaming girly-fans... ah well.

And for the most part, I just love Rumiko Takahashi stuff:

Maison Ikkoku
Rumic World
Mermaid Saga

:)

Mura Masa
11-16-2004, 08:10 AM
I like reading:

Ragnarok Manga
W.I.T.C.H. (love the sketches!)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-16-2004, 02:01 PM
And for the most part, I just love Rumiko Takahashi stuff:

Maison Ikkoku
Rumic World
Mermaid SagaMaison Ikkoku is gold, and the Rumic and Mermaid stories are better than most of the crap that's come out since. Of course, so much manga is published in Japan that a series can just be moderately good and still be better than most of the rest, but you get me.

Silmaril
11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I started downloading Naruto a couple of days back. This is the first actual anime I've read. I can't buy manga because I get my allowance in rupees, not dollars.

Can you guys give me some nice sites where i can download more anime?

DMKA
11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Hana Yori Dango aka Boys Over Flowers
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I really liked that one, but thats about it. I'm pretty much strictly anime aside of that, though I've never checked out the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon mangas or the Akira manga, which I hear puts the movie (which is my favorite) to shame.

Fuzakeru
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon in manga form is really, really awesome. I loved watching the anime for the spoofs but that was about it. The story was wretched in my opinion. The manga is pretty deep and a lot more mature. Not to mention Naoko Takeuchi work is, while different from what I'm used to now, beautiful. It was the first manga I ever picked up when you couldn't find much manga in the states. :)

I've been wanting to start GTO lately but haven't quite gotten around to it yet. XXXholic too. And everyone says Fruits Basket is REALLY good but the artwork disturbs me. :D

Dking'squeen
11-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Fav Books

Samurai Deeper Kyo
Magc Knights Rayearth
Tsubasa
Ayashi No Ceres
Ninjaca
Shaman King
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Real Bout HIgh School
Fushigi Yugi

TheAbominatrix
11-18-2004, 12:21 AM
What Fuzakeru said about the Sailormoon manga :love:. I love the anime as well, but the manga blows it out of the water. It's far, far better.

And as for the Akira manga, it's incredible. The movie is a pile of crap compared to the manga (dont get me wrong, I like the movie fine). It's only 6 volumes if I remember right but the volumes are huge. Awesome story.

StarlightAngel
11-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Add this on...

What I own:
Inu Yasha

What I've read:

Miracle Girls (or soemthing like that...)
Peach Girl
Chobits

Dking'squeen
11-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I've seen the chobits shows SA, and I thought that it was hilarious. I want to add Full Metal Panic and Angelic Layer...I like the shows

Kurohime
11-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Maison Ikkoku is gold, and the Rumic and Mermaid stories are better than most of the crap that's come out since. Of course, so much manga is published in Japan that a series can just be moderately good and still be better than most of the rest, but you get me.
You mean by Takahashi, or manga in general?

As far as Takahashi, I was pretty disenchanted with Ranma myself, but I adore Inuyasha. ;) Maison has been one of, if not THE, most satisfying series I've ever read. It's always kind of hard to find a series where you can read it from beginning to end and feel like every volume was worth the wait. And anyone who says Takahashi can't end a series well.... well, they haven't read Maison Ikkoku! ;)

TheAbominatrix
11-21-2004, 09:36 AM
You mean by Takahashi, or manga in general?

As far as Takahashi, I was pretty disenchanted with Ranma myself, but I adore Inuyasha. ;) Maison has been one of, if not THE, most satisfying series I've ever read. It's always kind of hard to find a series where you can read it from beginning to end and feel like every volume was worth the wait. And anyone who says Takahashi can't end a series well.... well, they haven't read Maison Ikkoku! ;)

Ranma really soured me to Takahashi. She's a great manga-ka and all, but I just got really tired of the style and the repetitiveness. I was really biased when I sat down to watch Inuyasha, that's probably why I dont like it. I saw too much of Ranma and Akane in Inuyasha and Kagome. Ranma dragged on waaaaaay too long and was waaaaay too repetitive.

I still really love Mermaid's Scar, though.

yunaishot
12-16-2004, 09:50 PM
iv read
-InuYasha Vol2
-One Peice Vol 1,2

black orb
12-16-2004, 10:59 PM
>>> Naruto, Yakitate Japan, MAR, Zombie Powder, etc.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Anything Starlight Angel has, and a few of the ones she's forgotten (I don't necessarily read all of these, they're in the Shounen Jump magazine)

Yu-Gi-Oh!
One Piece
Dragon Ball Z
Yu-Yu-Hakusho
Hikaru no Go

We've a little agreement where I buy the Anime DVDs and she buys the Manga. It works.

=Angelus=
12-18-2004, 04:53 AM
Anything Starlight Angel has, and a few of the ones she's forgotten (I don't necessarily read all of these, they're in the Shounen Jump magazine)

We've a little agreement where I buy the Anime DVDs and she buys the Manga. It works.
Aww... thats so sweet of you.. taking on the bigger half... i wish someone would do that for me :(

Anyway.. my comic collection involves:
Kenshin, X, chobits, GTO, Love Hina, Magistrate Negi Magi, Yu-Gyo, Pretear, Tsubasa, Pretty Face, .hack, and Air Gear

Long Live Manga!! *hugs the angel plushie Starlight Angel give me :D*