PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Acid

Big D
11-06-2004, 05:42 AM
I just saw this game mentioned on Gamer TV's coverage of the Tokyo Game Show. They described it as a turn-based stealth action game, being produced for the PSP, I think.

Anyone have info on it? I know that Hideo Kojima's not going to direct any more Metal Gear titles after Snake Eater, but I've never heard of 'Acid' before today...

edczxcvbnm
11-06-2004, 06:51 AM
Hideo said the same thing when making MGS2 and looks like that was a load of crap.

I don't know what Acid is about but because it is on the PSP my want to know anything about it is very low.

Doomgaze
11-06-2004, 07:37 AM
I don't play card-based games. I mean, it's like Yu-Gi-Oh, but with Solid Snake. No thanks.

NashX
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Acid doesn't look to appealing to me either...I'll just wait for Snake Eater.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Snake Eater is probably coming out before MGA even in Europe, though.

And yes, it looks (http://www.thesnakesoup.com/?section=mga&content=main) great. Also, it's almost certainly one of those alternate continuity games whose stories have nothing to do with the main timeline, like Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, which is kind of a novelty. I'll get it.

Maxico
11-06-2004, 04:04 PM
cards? from gameplay shots it looks more like a command menu for a turn based stratgey game. Im pretty sure theyre just things like abilitys and agumentations rather than snake sitting down with a guard to play cards.

I beleive on of the first shots has snake shooting at a guard and videos make it seem comparable to the Z.O.E turn based strategy game that came out on GBA a few years ago.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the cards are just an interface like any other. Can't imagine why it puts people off.

Rainecloud
11-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Sounds interesting - and different (for a MG game, at least).

I might purchase it.