PDA

View Full Version : Anima (possible SPOILERS)

Zante
11-06-2004, 08:04 AM
So what is Anima? Is there any simbolic in the hands and the picture round it's neck?

Necronopticous
11-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Anima is the aeon whose fayth is Seymour's mother. The name is derived from psychology definition: "The feminine inner personality". Seymour's mother became a fayth to imbue Seymour with the power to summon Anima as moral support and comfort for him. Anima's power only made Seymour more power-hungry which shows a lot of neglect for all the pain his mother suffers for him. The fact that anima cries drops of blood is a harsh representation of this. The fact that the aeon is "chained up and bound" is sort of symbolic of the way Seymour treats the memory and trace of her. Locked up for use at his will.

ShivaBlizzard8
11-06-2004, 08:33 PM
LOL :P

Until he gets here, here are my ideas:

The Latin meaning for "Anima" is ghost or soul, while the psychological definition is the feminine side of a man's subconcious.

Personally, I think that a lot of Seymour's anger came from his mother's decision - although she thought she was doing the right thing, in actuality, Seymour would rather have had his mother alive with him than transformed into an aeon.

His mother hoped that by allowing Seymour to summon her, he would gain respect in Spira and therefore abandon the sociopathic route his personality was taking. However, when this didn't work, she deeply regretted her choice, feeling that it was her fault Seymour became evil. Her frustration that as a human, she could have done more to stop him, and her despair and being doomed to perform acts of evil against the innocent was physically manifested in her appearence.

Her chains could easily symbolize her sense of helplessness and inability to do anything about it once she became an Aeon.

arcdragon9
11-07-2004, 04:20 AM
One thing that confuses me, is who was the fayth before her? She is found in a temple, so did the fayth there fade away? If that's the case why haven't the other fayths ever faded.
My view: Seymore's mom wanted him to use her as the final aeon, otherwise Yunalesca wouldn't haven't mentioned the mother-son relationship in the final aeon talk. But the whole power hungry thing came in before he was old enough/ready or whatever to fight sin. But i am probaly wrong.

Zante
11-07-2004, 07:32 AM
One thing that confuses me, is who was the fayth before her? She is found in a temple, so did the fayth there fade away? If that's the case why haven't the other fayths ever faded.

The fayth of the final aeon faded too, that's why someone else has to become a faith for the summoner.

Big D
11-07-2004, 10:19 AM
P.S. I'm pretty sure that eventually Big D will come to this thread and explain this with his strange, weird, and almost scary knowledge of the game :greenie:See here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=51322) for my thoughts on Anima;)

arcdragon9
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
GLR, about what you sadi. that's because the final aeon becomes sin, so it faded for that reason. o well, i'm not losin sleep over it