PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles

Strider
11-06-2004, 10:37 AM
If you haven't seen this movie, run -- don't walk -- to your neighborhood movie theatre and see it right away. This movie ROCKS.

In my own opinion, this is the best collaboration that Disney and Pixar have created yet. And we all know that they have yet to go wrong, so that says an awful lot.

The story is fun, different from any other superhero movie because CGI animation allows a lot more freedom than live action flicks. The scenery is visually stunning, the characters are all great in their own ways... and I'll stop there.

I won't give anything away, but just go see it now. No, now. I mean now.

Anyone else think anything?

Miriel
11-06-2004, 11:55 AM
I love this movie. I'd been looking forward to this for months and I wasn't disappointed, it was fan-friggen-tastic.

One of Pixar's* best, almost as amazing as Toy Story 1 & 2, and that's really saying something. It was hilarious, smart, exciting and just plain FUN. The thing that really blew me away was character work for this movie. It was superb, the voice-acting was some of the best I've ever witnessed.

It has a different feel from the other Pixar movies but Brad Bird (the genius behind The Iron Giant) balanced the movie beautifully. I dunno how Pixar did it, but this is their 6th critically acclaimed movie IN A ROW. And I'd bet my life that it'll score an Oscar nomination plus millions at the box office.

Go see it, The Incredibles is incredible ;)

*Disney has no creative input in the Pixar movies, all they do is fund and distribute the movies. They deserve little to no credit for the brilliance of Pixar movies and they should be kicking themselves in the head for losing the Pixar contract.

Shoeberto
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
I want to see it. Other than the ridiculous amount of SBC commercials they've whored it out for, it really looks really really good.

Advent Child
11-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm not a big fan of pixar, but it's a good movie. Except for the short at the beginning. And that it has a preview for Spongebob BLECH-pants.