PDA

View Full Version : x-atmo92 help!!!

silverjunky
11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
hey i was just wondering does anyone know how many times this machine dude can repair himself cause i really wanna destroy him and according to my strategy guide you can destroy him cause he can only repair himself a certain number of times, so i sat there on my first fight with him and crushed him about 4-5 times and each time he repaired himself so how many times does it take? is it easier to do it somewhere else like on the bridge or what?? help please!

Braindead_Paul
11-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure about that but I think it can repair itself unlimited times. You have to destroy it before it does...

Rusty
11-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Everytime you run into him you have to fight him. But when you don't you run like anything. I don't know the exact amount of times, but as soon as you get to the beach your right.
All I can say is fight fast and when he's down just run.

Zante
11-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yes, it can repair itself unlimited times. And it was said that you can only destroy it on the bridge, otherwise you have to run from it. Dunno if it's true throug.

Ultima Shadow
11-06-2004, 03:49 PM
You can "defeat" it but it won't get destroyed. When it falls over and start repairing itself you can make its HP reach 0. By doing so it will auto-repair at once but when you run from the battle you'll get alot of AP from it.
Everytime you reduce its HP to 0 you'll get 20 AP or so...

Zante
11-06-2004, 04:05 PM
In a different thread, some people claimed that they have destroyed it in battle.

Big D
11-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Yes, you CAN destroy this enemy!
I assure you it is true. You need a strong party, with plenty of powerful Water and Thunder spells. Junctioning is the key, as well as using GF abilities to get spells like Thundara and Water.

You've GOT to run from the machine twice, but after that, you can defeat it anywhere. You need to continuously pound it with powerful magic, and elemental-junctioned physical attacks. Renzokuken and Duel are effective, so it helps to give Zell or Squall high HP, so they can sit in the 'critical HP' range (allowing a Limit Break every time) without being at serious risk. Have Selphie continually cast Thundara, preferrably with the aid of Double, which can be drawn from the Evloret atop the communications tower.

Whatever you do, DON'T level up for this fight. If you level up, then the X-ATMO92 will level up also, becoming stupidly powerful. Keep your levels low, but your stats high, and just keep right on fighting.

Eventually, the robot will explode and you will get a heck of a lot of AP. The ending of the mission is quite a bit different, of course - no FMV - but you'll get a whopping bonus on your SeeD test score, except this bonus is reduced according to the number of times you ran from the machine, so it's best to run only the minimum of times - twice.

Auronhart
11-06-2004, 07:05 PM
You've GOT to run from the machine twice, but after that, you can defeat it anywhere.
No, you can defeat it on the bridge without running twice, (unless you count fighting it as running? The test score does.) I don't know about anywhere else.

Whatever you do, DON'T level up for this fight. If you level up, then the X-ATMO92 will level up also, becoming stupidly powerful. Keep your levels low, but your stats high, and just keep right on fighting.
X-ATM092 cannot get above 5770 hp, it's max level is 10. So, if you level your party's average level above 10 you can get stronger but X-ATM092 won't. However, since leveling early is a bad thing, I suggest you get thunder or thundara and junction it to zell's elem-atk and fire/fira or blizzard/blizzara to str and use armageddon fist. If you want to waste lots of time, you can also level seifer to level 65 so he can draw blizzaga/firaga/curaga/dispel/thundaga, but was that ever boring. Anyways, just reduce it's hp to zero a few times and it will explode. (might as well do it on the bridge because I know it works there) You get 50 AP for killing it. :)

Ultima Shadow
11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Eventually, the robot will explode and you will get a heck of a lot of AP. The ending of the mission is quite a bit different, of course - no FMV - but you'll get a whopping bonus on your SeeD test score, except this bonus is reduced according to the number of times you ran from the machine, so it's best to run only the minimum of times - twice.
Never knew that! Must try it next time... :)

Big D
11-06-2004, 11:16 PM
No, you can defeat it on the bridge without running twice, (unless you count fighting it as running? The test score does.) I don't know about anywhere else.No matter how fast you run, it always catches you twice before you get to the bridge. Once, when it drops off the tower, then again on your way down to the bridge. At leasy, I *think* it's like that, anyway.Never knew that! Must try it next time... :)It's a great challenge, a test for how strong your characters can become so early in the game. A nice alternative to Ultima and Omega Weapons, who you face closer to the end of the game, when you've had days to become stronger and better equipped.

Auronhart
11-07-2004, 02:15 AM
No matter how fast you run, it always catches you twice before you get to the bridge. Once, when it drops off the tower, then again on your way down to the bridge. At leasy, I *think* it's like that, anyway.

You can avoid all times except the first. The one that you probably have been getting caught on is when you go down the slope in the third screen after you meet it. For part of that area to avoid the X-ATM092 you have to walk (hold down cancel) or the machine will put your characters off balance and catch you.

Vaprice
11-07-2004, 03:12 AM
You can beat it at the large bridge...easy peazy....

You wont get the cutscene though but you will beat him...lol. ^^

Or you might wanna level up some so you can compete with him.

Luthien
11-19-2004, 05:11 PM
I didnīt know you could explode the damn spider!!! Must try that next time... But I defeated it on the bridge and got 50 AP, no items though...
Tornado magic works wonders also... :D

Halenite
11-19-2004, 05:47 PM
No matter how fast you run, it always catches you twice before you get to the bridge. Once, when it drops off the tower, then again on your way down to the bridge. At leasy, I *think* it's like that, anyway.
Not true, when it lands in front of you on the bridge, start running the opposite way, it will try to jump over you again, the second it jumps run back towards the boats.

Coda
11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
hes sayin down to the bridge not on the bridge!!!!

Auronhart
11-24-2004, 01:12 AM
hes sayin down to the bridge not on the bridge!!!!
Yes and I explained how to avoid being attacked on the way down in my previous post.