PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear Isuka

Erdrick Holmes
11-06-2004, 08:44 PM
This game came out not to long ago and I rented it. I played it and I can proudly say that this is the best fighting game I'd ever played. I like how the game can work together to bring it simultanious mulitplayer fighting mayhem, playing this game with at at least 3 characters fighting at once is overwelmingly exciting, the speed of the game adds to it, it's like shooting 500 mg of adrenaline into your bloodsteam, eating 5 caffinated candy bars and washing it down with twelve cups of coffee. The boost mode is really awesome too in case you need a break from the traditional fighting with a game that plays like a classic 2D side scrolling brawler like Double Dragon and Final Fignt. There are only two things in this game that irritates me, the difficutly in the single player game can kick up when you're least suspecting it, and you have to stop moving and press R2 just to turn around, they should have made an option so you can turn automatically to the closest opponent.

Anybody else have a chance to play this yet?

BatChao
11-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I wanted to get it... but then I heard about that stupid turning thing... which made me not want to play it anymore. How the hell could they keep that feature in on 1-on-1 battle? GG's fighting engine is so freakin' fast and frantic that stopping to press a button to turn around is just stupid.

MecaKane
11-06-2004, 09:10 PM
I played the first one, street fighter II, it was pretty good. But they're getting to the point now where they should just put it out to pasture.

Erdrick Holmes
11-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Guilty Gear is not Street Fighter.

Psychotic
11-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Guilty Gear is not Street Fighter.
Yeah, it's from the Mortal Kombat series, right?

Erdrick Holmes
11-07-2004, 12:33 AM
New rule, if you're gonna post a comment in this thread then make it about the game or don't post in it at all.

Psychotic
11-07-2004, 12:51 AM
I wasn't aware of your ability to make rules, Joel, but congratulations on the promotion!

I merely asked a question about the game as I had been told by someone that it was part of the Mortal Kombat series. So I'm very sorry, I'll try not to breach your rules again (Please don't ban me :()

Baloki
11-07-2004, 12:54 AM
I love tangents :D

Edit: and even tangerines but really is it a branch of the MK series?

krissy
11-07-2004, 01:00 AM
its not a mk spinoff guys

thanks

i saw it at the arcade. instead of playuing it i had to watcha friend play ddr for five mins.

Black Mage
11-07-2004, 07:14 PM
I played the Japanese import of Guilty Gear Isuka, and the turning thing really hit me hard.

Of course, it's necessary in the 3-4 player games, but it was a killer in 1 on 1 matches.

And for dodging into the background, I didn't care for that much either.

I'll stick to GGXX for now.

black orb
11-08-2004, 08:00 AM
and you have to stop moving and press R2 just to turn around, they should have made an option so you can turn automatically to the closest opponent.
>>> Damn it, thats exactly the reason why I get my ass kicked while Im playing this game in the arcades..