PDA

View Full Version : FFXII SUMMONS

FFanatic Of FFantasy
11-06-2004, 10:43 PM
So seriously will this new FF will have any form of summoning like Aeons, Eidelons or COUGH GFs?............If they do I hope Yojimbo will in this next in the Series (No doubt we'll have Bahamut as well!)

Necronopticous
11-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Yes, summoning will return.

chionos
11-07-2004, 08:11 AM
summoning, I think, will always be around in one form or another. Personally I'd like to see a return to old-school summoning in which the summoned creatured appears out of nowhere, burns/freezes/drowns everything on screen, then subsequently disappears. But I think, unfortunately, that FFXII will be like FFX, which is the worst, or FFXI, which i could almost handle. For those of you who aren't fortunate enough to play FFXI: your summoned creature(avatar), when summoned, fights by your side, casting magic and attacking. Like FFX, but you get to stay. In any case, I'm excited to see new summons. Bahamut n Shiva and all the rest are starting to get just a bit old.

Wuggly Blight
11-07-2004, 12:59 PM
I love the ffX summon system, the only thing about it I did love, and summons will always be in final fantasy. ffX did show Square alot, and they learned that alot of fans love the new summon system, and so they may keep it.

blacktrance
11-07-2004, 10:19 PM
What summons would you like to see in FF XII?

I would like to see:
Shiva
Ifrit
Titan
Ramuh
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Diablos
Garuda
Alexander
Valefor
Yojimbo

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-07-2004, 10:41 PM
We've already seen Ultima in one of the trailers, looking like she did in FFTA. Shiva and Efreet are probably a lock, as well.

Ultima Shadow
11-07-2004, 10:43 PM
In any case, I'm excited to see new summons. Bahamut n Shiva and all the rest are starting to get just a bit old.
Bahamut must be in EVERY FF!!! :tongue:

DJZen
11-08-2004, 07:11 PM
With the exception of FFII of course ;P

XxSephirothxX
11-09-2004, 12:04 AM
summoning, I think, will always be around in one form or another. Personally I'd like to see a return to old-school summoning in which the summoned creatured appears out of nowhere, burns/freezes/drowns everything on screen, then subsequently disappears.

Agreed. I thought summons played too big a role in FFX when you had to control them. I didn't like the GF system at all, either. FFVI did it right.

Carnage
11-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Ifrit and shiva have been in every ff havent they? Anyways i saw some pics of the new ifrit on an official site a while ago

Maxico
11-09-2004, 09:47 PM
I would prefere to see odin rather than yojimbo (who was, lets face it, odin with a skin change... and a couple hundered thousand gil.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Since FFXII is in a medieval style, I wouldn't be surprised if Odin returned.
Ifrit and shiva have been in every ff havent they?Every FF game that has had summoning, yeah.

-N-
11-10-2004, 08:12 AM
I thought it was Jinn in FFIV... or was that just a crappy translation?

TheAbominatrix
11-10-2004, 08:21 AM
I thought it was Jinn in FFIV... or was that just a crappy translation?

Crappy translation.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Not that "Ifrit" is too much better. It's second only to "Ramuh" as the name that most misleads people who look at it into using an incorrect pronounciation.

The Gunblader
11-11-2004, 02:46 AM
i bet in FF:XII we would probely see these summons

Ifrit
Shiva
Ramuh
Odin
Alexander

those are some of the summons i could see returning.

(although i would like to see Anima and Doomtrain also make a comebackas well)

chionos
11-12-2004, 12:44 AM
I think that if the boys down at the FF camp ever sat down and voted on which summon to never use again, it would be doomtrain.
Well, if I was a FF camp boy I would.
But I'm not.

In any case, Alexander is one that I would like to see, especially if they stick with the Avatar form of summoning.

Also it would pleasure me to no end to say good-bye to shiva and ifrit. just for one game, just one.

yunafan01
11-12-2004, 02:28 PM
I really think there should be aeons! expecially shiva, she is my favorite. Yojimbo and Odin were completely useless if you ask me, so i hope that no one like them are there! Shiva kicked arse if you ask me in ff 10 it was bad that they had to kill her in x-2... so sad, oh yeah i want ifrit in there, along with siren (ff 8)

Cleric
11-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Ifrit, and Shiva are a given as well as Bahamut i'm sure. But, i would really like to see a wind element summoning in FF XII. Sure ff7, and 8 had them but they weren't that great.

Behold the Void
11-13-2004, 06:07 AM
I actually think that summoning should be better defined from other magics like it is in FFX. In most FF games summons are expensive spells with flashy, time-consuming animations that do about as much damage as some of your magic spells, I much prefered where they actually fought for you until defeated. I do think an MP cost of some sort should be used though.

Spritz
11-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Personally I think the only summons comming to FFXII will be the ones shown

1) Adrammelech
2) Velius
3) Kuream
4) Altima
5) Ifrit

5 Summons for the 5 Races, FFTactics style. The above list are only guses from the released screenshots of summons. http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=9 - scroll down to almost the very bottom.

Aphelion
11-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Let Square don't hear you, Spritz. I hope there are -at least- 20 summons. I still think there are way too few summons in FFX...
Let's see...the ones I personally want are:

-Bahamut (obviously)
-Alexander
-Leviathan
-Ifrit
-Shiva
-Quetzacoatl (though I think this is gonna be Ramuh)
-Maduin
-Odin (with real attacks please, not only one-hit killing-or missing- ones)
-Gilgamesh
-Carbuncle
-A new one that looks like Anima
-Titan
-Diablos

And I entrust the rest to Square...I hope there're cool new ones...

Big D
11-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Not that "Ifrit" is too much better. It's second only to "Ramuh" as the name that most misleads people who look at it into using an incorrect pronounciation.Ifrit, Afrit Efreet, Afreet, Ifreet are all valid spellings... 'Ifrit' is just less common.I thought it was Jinn in FFIV... or was that just a crappy translation?Jin, Jinn or Djinn are different spellings for what is known in English as a Genie; an Ifrit is a kind of Djinn.

abrojtm
11-15-2004, 02:16 AM

1) Adrammelech
2) Velius
3) Kuream
4) Altima
5) Ifrit

5 Summons for the 5 Races, FFTactics style. The above list are only guses from the released screenshots of summons. http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=9 - scroll down to almost the very bottom.

That'd be kinda hard to pull off seeing as you don't get a Bangaa, Moogle, or Nu Mou character in your party (as far as I'm aware at least).

Spritz
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
That'd be kinda hard to pull off seeing as you don't get a Bangaa, Moogle, or Nu Mou character in your party (as far as I'm aware at least).

As far as I'm aware, SE has had non-playable characters perform summoning abilitys before. Also, I remember seeing screenshots of your party fighting Bangaa opponents, so why not Moogle (I'd retreat if I came up against a moogle, too cute! ;_; ) and Nu Mou too?

I also remember this Ivalice being the same as the FFT Ivalice. There must have been a plot-worthy reason behind how all races or those 5 people are able to summon all the avalable summons in FFXII unlike previous instance where the world of Ivalice is invloved.

I think i made sense. >.>;

Ouch!
11-17-2004, 01:16 AM
I also remember this Ivalice being the same as the FFT Ivalice.
First, I think you meant FFTA for that your statements to make sense. Second, my understanding is that there are similairities between all the Ivalice worlds, FFT, FFTA and FFXII and Vagrant Story (I think), but they all stand on their own as different places.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Bahamut must be in EVERY FF!!! :tongue:

Amen to that!!!

they should have different forms of summons like they did with bahamut in 7...one to fight with...(FFX) and others to just to their moves like in previous FF's before 10.....what do u think?

Ouch!
11-17-2004, 04:20 PM
I think that they have to go one way or the other. Mixing it would make some summons would have unfair advantages. I say it should go back to the old summons, they come, blow stuff up and leave.

Son Of Bahamut
11-18-2004, 08:38 AM
As long as Bahamut is in it I am happy... I mean he is the first... if anyone has the first Final... did you notice who knighted you... Bahamut...

Doomgaze
11-18-2004, 08:52 AM
as far as I know, Genie comes from the plural, Djinni.

And, um, how does one mispronounce Ramuh?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-18-2004, 11:19 AM
The spelling would make you think it's "rah-muh," but it's actually "rah-moo." Also see: Son Gokuh.

Mittopotahis
11-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Lets see....

Shiva (my favourite)
Ifrit
Bahamut
Alexander
Ixion
Odin
Eden
Carbuncle

Well...so long as Shiva is in it im happy...

Carnage
11-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Confirmed summons
-Ultima
-Ifrit(hate the new look)
-Velius
-Adremalech

It seeems there going to stick with the FF tactis summons. Same world same summons. I would like to see a new shiva and ramuh.

Phil
11-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I'd personally love to see a new laviathan. I get shivers every time i see the FFIX version of it.

Dark Ekonis
11-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I would like to see Knights of the Round make a return, Also Tritoch and the others from VI

Balfear
11-24-2004, 09:11 AM
When i saw this thread I just had to register! I have seen what the summons look like. And i know the names of them.. Sorry if youve been told this i was in a hurry so i didn't look Okay theres ifrit. Theres also Ultima.Once the guardian is defeated and the crystal is broken, the player can summon the Totema. Each race can only summon a specific Totema and Ultima is the Nu Mou's Totema. Theres Velious, which is a ram looking thing. And theres Adrammelech. this thing kinda look likea goat. Heres the site if you actually want to look for yourself.http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=content/summons.

Dark Ekonis
11-24-2004, 02:31 PM
if they only give you 4 summons, and each one is for some one totally different, thats going to suck, I want variety and deversity, thats what I thought it was all about. All in all, I will still get the game, I will still spend Hundreds of hours playing, I will just have to live without a variety of summons, Well I lasted through X-2 without them and enjoyed it, so I suppose 4 is better then none...

JseanjohnC
12-13-2004, 12:42 AM
no SHIVA or BAHAMUT? the world is comin to an end

UltimateSpamGrover
12-13-2004, 01:08 AM
no SHIVA or BAHAMUT? the world is comin to an end

:laughing:

Yumemiru
01-01-2005, 09:49 PM
The summones...I realy like it... I want to see the summons like aeons...Not GF's or Eidolons. I think that Aeons are the best of them. :D

rubah
01-01-2005, 10:40 PM
It's made by the people who made the tactics [advanced?] game[s]. It stands to reason it would use the same summons. I'd say more, except I never used the totema in t-a so I don't know anything about them.

Except Ultima[atma] looks really cool. and Ifrit appears to have the same attack as usual. (jumping into the air and throwing bits of dirt at people)

aeon infinity
01-03-2005, 07:24 AM
if they where to bring in any of the old summons they should have eden (whether hes on your or their ( bad) side) coz apart from the extremley long summoning sequence he kicked @$$

Alexander
01-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I was hoping that in FFXII would appear those summons:

Ifrit
Ramuh (or some crappy version of a thunder summon. See Quezacotl and Ixion.)
Shiva
Fenrir (as Wind Summon)
Titan
Leviathan
Alexander
Phoenix
Carbuncle
Diablos
Doomtrain
Bahamut (nuff said XD)
Sylph/Siren

But... T_T

DMKA
01-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I hope they let you summon that chocobo army we see in the trailer.

CHOCO INFANTRY!!!!1

Ooo that'd be awesome.

Uniquris
01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Well me and my sister found out that those summons are not going to be in there. Becuase she said they were a bit to old.(Ifrit, Shiva,Bahamut)

well i heard that there was going to be new ones with toher names but i was expeting thwe old ssummons too..

Shoden
01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
the summons i want to see are

Bahamut
Gilgamesh
Odin
Leviathan
Ifrit
Shiva
Quezacotl
Pandemona (witha better design)
Shoat
Alexander
Diablos
Fenrir
Titan
Brothers

the old FF summon system was way cooler and better, just hope they have better animations and that Bahamut has a better dragon form like 7 and 8 and Summon evolution like Neo bahamut and Bahamut zero

Karsh
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I think they need to have at least one or two summons in every game, so I'm okay with them putting in Shiva and Ifrit. I'd also like to see Leviathan, Quezacotl, and Pandamona return. They need to have a summon with an earth-based attack, but I sure hope they don't do something stooopid like the Brothers.

FF VIII was my first so I like the GF system, but I think the Aeons are even cooler, since you can fight right alongside with them. I didn't like FFIX's summons, mainly because it took way to long for Dagger to be able to use any of them at all.

Blue mage Cloud
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I have loved Ifrit and Shiva since FF6. I hope they are never retired!

Shoden
01-26-2005, 04:58 PM
FF will not be the same with summons without Bahamut.

Max the Man
01-30-2005, 01:50 AM
well, if it's based in the same world as FF:TA, then it's bound to have some of the summons from that, only I hope Shiva's more like the old Shivas. (not the stupid full armor ice knight crap) I don't remember whether or not FF:TA had bahamut(s), but it's bound to have some, otherwhise it isn't a real numbered FF.

zimmunky
02-06-2005, 03:06 AM
All i want is Knights of the Round re-done, Anima, Yojimbo, Leviathan and not bahamut, but like a Neo-Bahamut or Giga-Bahamut. Also a brand new summon.

Ixion
02-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Here is some pictures of the aeons so far (scroll down toward bottom)

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=462402

Rostum
02-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I would really like to see:
Shiva, Ifrit, Titan, Carbuncle, Alexander and Bahamut.

Rinoa Heartilly
02-22-2005, 01:44 AM
It would be nice to see Unicorn make a return I think, though I doubt it

Others I'd like to see are

Quezacotl
Shiva
Ifrit
Carbuncle
Bahamut
Phoenix
Fenrir
Maduin/Griever (I always thought these two look alike)
Leviathan
Valefor

and I'd welcome the return of a chocobo and/or moogle summon

But alas it is not up to me to decide :p

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 01:02 AM
If they absolutely have to do a summoning system where the summons stay out to fight for you, I think the best way to do it would be to use the FFXI system. You summon your guy out and your MP is slowly drained while you keep him out. There are already enough similarities between the FFXI and FFXII battle systems that I think it'd work nicely.

And by the way, Ramuh > Quetzecotl.

Ixion
02-23-2005, 07:07 AM
There will definetly be more than four summons because in other Final Fantasies of the past like FFX they just let out the first four of them and said you can find secret summons with side quests.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-01-2005, 05:23 AM

1) Adrammelech
2) Velius
3) Kuream
4) Altima
5) Ifrit

Well, as was already pointed out, we have yet to see evidence of all five races being included in the party. More to the point, however, the fact that Ifrit has been confirmed means Shiva will eventually appear. It's inevitable.

However, it seems everyone is linking this to FFTA, because of Adrammelech and Altima/Ultima. However, note that Velius is also on the list. Adrammelech (then Adramelk), Altima, and Velius all appeared as Lucavi in the original Final Fantasy Tactics. It wouldn't surprise me to see Zalera or Hashmalum or something on that order also joining the summoning list.

On a personal note, I would like to see a dark elemental summon called Pandemonium. Think about it: Alexander (the usual holy summon) was a castle in FFIX. Pandemonium, for those of you who haven't read Paradise Lost, is the castle or temple where Satan and his minions meet after being cast out of Heaven. Alexander has always had something of a castle look about him (even if he's usually a robot), so this would be great for contrast. It would also recall FFII, where the final dungeon is indeed Pandemonium (or Pandaemonium, actually), the castle from Hell.

And, yes, I want to see the regulars: Odin, Bahamut, Phoenix, Leviathan, and the like.

Ixion
03-01-2005, 07:16 PM
I found a video showing a beautiful summon of Bahamut in FF12 but it doesn't seem to work anymore for me. Give it a try. http://files.filefront.com/FFXII_ample_video/;3811025;;/fileinfo.html

BahamutZer0
03-02-2005, 04:14 AM
With the exception of FFII of course ;P

Ew.. Bahamut in FFII? *shudders* I couldn't stand that game.

But, I give it a 7/10 cause its a FF game and all FF games own joo...

Dark Sage
03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
If there will be Bahamut, I won't have any regrets. Dragons rulez :) .

anima977
03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
wasnt there a summon called pandemonium in final fantasy 8 who was pretty useless??
he came from the sky sucked up you enemy and then spat them out.
your idea for an evil castle nega-alexander does sound sweet though!

tailz
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
i would want to see

bahamut (ofcourse you cant make a ff without him)
ifrit(see bahamut)
shiva(same)
valefor (i like flying)
tritoch (see valefor)
famfrit (looked cool in ffta)
mateus (see famfrit
anima( got something with ffx aeons)
yojimbo (see anima)
phoenix( another flying)
raiden (just cool in ffVI

NO ALEXANDER if that biatch is in it im not going to play it because in every game hes in he has to be at least a bit more powerfull then bahmut ffs even in bahmuts own game (bahmuts lagoon) theres an alexander that is stronger

and i would prefer ffx sumoning style (id like to control raiden and mateus for once)

Masamuneˇ1600
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
wasnt there a summon called pandemonium in final fantasy 8 who was pretty useless??
he came from the sky sucked up you enemy and then spat them out.
your idea for an evil castle nega-alexander does sound sweet though!

There was a wind-elemental GF called Pandemona in FFVIII, so called because they didn't have enough space to fit in Pandemonium as the name. Pandemona, as far as I know, has no basis in literature or mythology. I probably should have mentioned Pandemona when I was speculating, but there's no real connection between the ideas.

Thanks. It probably won't happen, but it would be cool.

NO ALEXANDER if that biatch is in it im not going to play it because in every game hes in he has to be at least a bit more powerfull then bahmut ffs even in bahmuts own game (bahmuts lagoon) theres an alexander that is stronger

Well, you can argue either way for Bahamut or Alexander in FFVI. Bahamut ZERO is certainly more powerful than Alexander in FFVII, as is Neo Bahamut. Even Bahamut in VII gets the advantage of "unblockable damage." Bahamut in FFVIII is more powerful than that game's incarnation of Alexander. If Alexander would appear in FFXII, that doesn't really mean it will be more powerful.

DMKA
03-14-2005, 12:22 AM
The spelling would make you think it's "rah-muh," but it's actually "rah-moo." Also see: Son Gokuh.
Really? When I first played FFVII I pronounced it Rah-moo, but then every started saying "OMFGZ IT'S ROM - UH!" So now I'm stuck pronouncing it like that. =\

Sephiroths Clone
03-29-2005, 02:37 AM
http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=game/summons has a couple of summons for FFXII like ultima and adrammalech(think i spelled that wrong) but u guys should check it out

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Really? When I first played FFVII I pronounced it Rah-moo, but then every started saying "OMFGZ IT'S ROM - UH!" So now I'm stuck pronouncing it like that. =\Poor guy.

d20{fx}
04-14-2005, 06:14 AM
You know since they are putting in Andrammalech it's doubful that they'll also include Bahamut as a summon. Two different dragon looking summons might be a bit overkill(with the exception of 7, but that was just Bahamut getting bigger). Although i'm not saying that Bahamut won't be in the game, it's just doubtful he'll be a summon

Masamuneˇ1600
04-14-2005, 07:53 AM
I find it interesting that Velius is among the summons that have been confirmed. This leads me to believe that we may see another summon in FFXII that follows a certain pattern. What is that pattern? Consider the following.

A number of bosses or powerful enemies have been promoted to summons in recent games. For example, Sacred and Minotaur (Brothers GF, FFVIII) were originally in FFV (you may remember fighting Minotaurus for Holy). FFVIII also included the GF Gilgamesh (originally Ex-Death's lackey in FFV). FFIX had Atomos, originally a boss in FFV, as an Eidolon. FFX saw Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters as Aeons. Yojimbo was originally an enemy in FFV (notable since the rare Strato katana could be stolen from one). The Magus Sisters originally appeared as a boss in FFIV (they had Delta Attack then, too). Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online). I could even list one like Siren (an Esper in FFVI and a GF in FFVIII, who originally appeared as a boss at the end of the Ship Graveyard in FFV), although I would hesitate to do so because Siren is multiple-appearance summon.

Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Adrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Adrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.

For the purpose of the concept I'm forming, I'm ignoring summons like Cactuar and Tonberry in FFVIII, or Bomb in FFIV, which are ubiquitous enemies. I'm also ignoring summons like Lich (FFT), which appeared in FFI only to reemerge a boss in FFIX.

In any case, Velius has appeared only once in the series thus far; he was a demon of the Lucavi in FFT (his host was Wiegraf; his related Zodiac Stone was Aries, the ram). Velius seems to be the latest example of boss-to-summon promotion, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see another enemy promoted to summon status in FFXII. Based on previous patterns, I expect that we may see a boss from FFV (look at the examples) or an enemy from FFT (Velius already has been promoted, as has Adrammalech). If an FFV boss is a summon, I speculate it might be Biblos. If an FFT enemy appears as a FFXII summon, I would assume a Lucavi demon (like Velius or 'Adramelk') would be it. Hence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Queklain, Zalera, or Hashmalum promoted to summon status.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Good point masamune. While I knew exactly where all of the summons came from, I never thought that deeply about it.

If I were to guess, at least one or two original summons from FFX will make a reappearance, or a boss from FFX (Nemesis as a summon? Bwahaha). But all these FT references are obviously because of the overwhelming influence of members from the FFT developement team. While I am not too fond of FFTA AT ALL, I still like the references, and I think there will most definitely be a few FFT summons.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online).Garuda is a bird creature, and Garula is a mammoth creature. They have nothing to do with each other. Garuda was a major boss in FFIII, though.
Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Andrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Andrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.I still oppose this idea. I mean, sure, Ultima and Adrammelech are obvious reappearances since they have the same names and similar forms to their previous incarnations. Exodus is most likely a reference to Ex-Death since they both have tree-like forms, but their names are different, so at the most I'd call this a reference and not a reappearance of the same entity. Famfreet and Mateus, however, are nothing like the Cloud of Darkness and the Paramekian Emperor. Seriously, there's not a single similarity that I can see.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online).Garuda is a bird creature, and Garula is a mammoth creature. They have nothing to do with each other. Garuda was a major boss in FFIII, though.

You're absolutely right. I was just pointing out the similarity in names, as Garula has been translated (perhaps mistakenly; I know you would know) as Garuda. I was even sure to point out that it was simply a name, becuase I figured someone might point out the differences between the two. As it is, I simply wanted show that the name, at least, was recycled in the manner of the other examples.

Bringing up Garuda as a boss in FFIII was also a good point. I wanted, however, to emphasize the FFV connections in order for the conjecture in the final paragraph.

Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Andrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Andrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.I still oppose this idea. I mean, sure, Ultima and Adrammelech are obvious reappearances since they have the same names and similar forms to their previous incarnations. Exodus is most likely a reference to Ex-Death since they both have tree-like forms, but their names are different, so at the most I'd call this a reference and not a reappearance of the same entity. Famfreet and Mateus, however, are nothing like the Cloud of Darkness and the Paramekian Emperor. Seriously, there's not a single similarity that I can see.

I have to admit that I have my own issues with the comparisons between Mateus and the Emperor and Famfrit and the Cloud. The idea, however, has been suggested often enough that I felt it couldn't hurt to point it out, especially since Ultima and Andrammalech have already reappeared in FFXII shots. The commonly held theory that FFXII was the template for the FF elements of FFTA led me to want to include a paragraph related to my specualtions on that game. However, even discounting Mateus and Famfrit, the pattern still exists.

FFanatic Of FFantasy
05-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree...

DMKA
05-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Well me and my sister found out that those summons are not going to be in there. Becuase she said they were a bit to old.(Ifrit, Shiva,Bahamut)
Ummm...source?

Super Christ
05-06-2005, 06:00 AM
I think it's reasonably safe to say that summons who have only appeared as summons in one game are unlikely to return. There may be an exception, but generally speaking it's safe to assume that most of the aeons from X and GFs from VIII won't be showing up.

I think it's safe to assume Ifrit and Shiva will show up, as they have been summons in every single game since III, which is the first one with summoning. I'd say that about Bahamut too, except that I'm given to understand that he's not a summon in XI. It is safe to say that there's a decent chance that Ramuh, Carbuncle, Fenrir, Leviathan, Odin, and Phoenix will show up since they've been summons in so many other games, as well as the summons from Both Tactics games since I guess there's a connection (never played either of them).

Neo-Bahamut and Bahamut-Zero will never show up again. If they do, I will shoot the game's director. Same thing with Knights of the Round, although I understand that one was also in VI as Crusader.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Crusader was called Jihad in the Japanese version of FFVI. In the Japanese version of FFVII, Knight of Round was called...Knights of Round. They are kind of similar, but I wouldn't say they're the same thing.

tailz
05-06-2005, 05:15 PM
well i have to add some to my list and also i like to say my hatred toward alexander is begining to go away

note : i am palying FFVIII at the moment so lots of gfs will be in this list

quezacotl
diablos
eden (gnagnagna evil gnagnagna)
doomtrain (big as train is always welcome)
siren (inspired by ff6 siren mind you)
ramuh
odin (ff8 style)
cactuar !!!!! (hes funny)
levithan (ffv influence)

so much for my update for now

(im going to play FFIX or FFVII at a friend of mine as something to take our minds of of our exams so this list WIL be updated :D

greetz tailz

Mercen-X
05-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I'd prefer it if they went back to calling them Espers as they did in FF6

Bahamut, Ark, Phoenix, Odin, Alexander, Eden, Qetzalcotl, Shiva, Diablos, Anima, Fenrir (Millennial Decay), Leviathan with a better summon scene, Minotaur, . . .

I want to see the return of Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO, although I'd prefer them to be called Draco and Tiamat.

boss from FFX (Nemesis as a summon? Bwahaha).
Where was this Nemesis in FFX?

Masamuneˇ1600
05-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Nemesis was the final Original Creation in the Monster Arena. It had the same physical appearance (other than color) as Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon, and was the superboss for FFX (Penance wasn't added until the PAL release).

Meat Puppet
05-14-2005, 10:34 AM
I can't pronounce anything right. This whole time I've been pronouncing Odin as Woden. People tell me to stop but I can't. :(

vga518
05-14-2005, 09:20 PM
You heard me Bahamut will be in FFXII. A friend on another forum had provided us with a zip file of his summon, but that site is gone. FFXII will have the old school summon-attack-leave thing. :cry: From what I remember of Bahamut's summon an emblem appers in the sky and Bahamut (with a similar look to Bahamut VII-IX) upside down crawls out of the emblem using his claws to help him wiggle out. The he starts to charge up fire for his Mega Flare attack the he goes and breaths Fire(Mega Flare) and that was the end of the clip. Hope it helps.
There taking too long with FFXII. Let me at them. I can't wait any longer, but I guess I have to. But how much more are we going to have to wait.

P.S. :confused: What is 3rd Quarter? I saw somewhere that that's when FFXII is coming out.

MetallicaRock01
05-15-2005, 11:23 PM
What summons would you like to see in FF XII?

I would like to see:
Shiva
Ifrit
Titan
Ramuh
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Diablos
Garuda
Alexander
Valefor
Yojimbo
I would like it if they put all new summons on ff12 that would be cool because the same summons get boring

well i have to add some to my list and also i like to say my hatred toward alexander is begining to go away

note : i am palying FFVIII at the moment so lots of gfs will be in this list

quezacotl
diablos
eden (gnagnagna evil gnagnagna)
doomtrain (big as train is always welcome)
siren (inspired by ff6 siren mind you)
ramuh
odin (ff8 style)
cactuar !!!!! (hes funny)
levithan (ffv influence)

so much for my update for now

(im going to play FFIX or FFVII at a friend of mine as something to take our minds of of our exams so this list WIL be updated :D

greetz tailz
I liked oden's brother on ff8 he is one of my favorite summons

You heard me Bahamut will be in FFXII. A friend on another forum had provided us with a zip file of his summon, but that site is gone. FFXII will have the old school summon-attack-leave thing. From what I remember of Bahamut's summon an emblem appers in the sky and Bahamut (with a similar look to Bahamut VII-IX) upside down crawls out of the emblem using his claws to help him wiggle out. The he starts to charge up fire for his Mega Flare attack the he goes and breaths Fire(Mega Flare) and that was the end of the clip. Hope it helps.
There taking too long with FFXII. Let me at them. I can't wait any longer, but I guess I have to. But how much more are we going to have to wait.

P.S. What is 3rd Quarter? I saw somewhere that that's when FFXII is coming out.

I cant wait for ff12 to come out its gona rock I like the attack and leave thing for the summons but I like when you can fight with them to so I dont mind either

Please do not double or triple post. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

Markus. D
06-11-2005, 06:14 AM
I really want famfrit to make a return... aswell as.

1. knights of the round
2. shiva
3. yojimbo
4. leviathen (awwww yeah!!)
5. carbuncle (tactical reasons)
6. and my own creation... sort of... EDEA muahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaaha.

Medi
07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd prefer it if they went back to calling them Espers as they did in FF6

Bahamut, Ark, Phoenix, Odin, Alexander, Eden, Qetzalcotl, Shiva, Diablos, Anima, Fenrir (Millennial Decay), Leviathan with a better summon scene, Minotaur, . . .

I want to see the return of Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO, although I'd prefer them to be called Draco and Tiamat.

I like that idea too, but instead of Draco, it should be called Apsu, who is the mesopotamian dragon god of freshwater and tiamat is the mesopotamian dragon goddess of saltwater (i think).

Magaso
07-10-2005, 02:43 AM
I wana see KOTR or Crusader Return.

Sephiroths Clone
07-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I kinda dont want KOTR too return. I feel like it should stay with FFVII only since its such a great game and all.

Nifleheim7
07-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Hey,i'm new to this forum and i have only played FFVII,FFIX,FFX and FFX-2.I really hope that they do something different with the aeon battle system.Personally i would like to see the aeons more uncontrollable,something like the Magus Sisters.And i do hope they also include some hidden ones!

-N-
07-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I hear you can summon Bleys.

Bomber
07-17-2005, 05:55 PM
You can almost count on some of the classic summoned beasts (i.e. Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, Odin, Phoenix) to make an appearance. But I also kinda wanna see the Magus Sisters return. And what about Chocobos, Cactuars and Tonberrys? Although humerous in appearance, would they make good summons, too?

Dr.M
07-18-2005, 08:01 AM
iv been to ff extream.com and these are the 'summons'
-ultima
-ifirt
-velius
-adarammelech

but shiva is no where to be seen?

Namouri
06-25-2006, 10:57 PM
The Final Fantasy XII summons are called espers, or maybe they will be translated to Totema in the english version.

Here they are!

Adrammelech
Belias
Chaos
Exdeath
Famfrit
Hashmalim
Mateus
Ultima
Shumihaza
Queklain
Zalera
Zeromus
Zodiac

it kinda sucks because no new art for old summons, but a bunch of cool new summons!

Namouri
06-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry, forgot to say this

WHen you summon, the character that summoned it, will stay in combat as your leader, but the summoned creature will take the spot of your two other characters, and will be controlled a la A.I.

Diety
06-26-2006, 12:14 AM
no bahamut sorry....
these are some descriptions of some...no pics tho....ive seen some but i cant remember where....:eep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XII_espers#Adrammelech

Behold the Void
06-26-2006, 02:54 AM
This thread is almost a year old, it did not need to be revived.