PDA

View Full Version : CD-RW Programs

blue_midget192
11-06-2004, 11:32 PM
I need a program, preferably for free, that will let me burn VCD's that can be read by my DVD palyer. And please don't tell me that "VCD's are usless" etc :) what i want is a VCD, thanks you.

Rostum
11-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Nero Reloaded 6

Shoeberto
11-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Nero has a demo version that you can use.

There's free Linux CD burning programs with VCD burning capabilities. There's a CD-based distro based on Knoppix called Mediainlinux that has it preinstalled, so as long as it detects your CD burner you should be okay.

For free on Windows, it's a long process. I don't think there's anything straight-up free. You'll need TMPGEnc. to re-code the videos for VCD standards, track down the last free version of VCDEasy (it's commercial, now, but you can still find the last free release of it through some Googling). Then you'll need a burning application for the ISO that VCDEasy spits out. With this, there's a catch, because as of the last release TMPGEnc. can't handle VBR audio in video, which means it excludes it entirely. If that all means nothing to you, then yeah, you understand what I mean by "long process."

Samuraid
11-07-2004, 02:06 AM
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=4#4