PDA

View Full Version : Most talented MadTV/SNL cast member.

Dingo Jellybean
11-07-2004, 02:26 AM
I know both MadTV and SNL haven't been as good as they were early on, but there are 2 diamonds in the rough...and both of them come from MadTV.

Aries Spears and Frank Caliendo

Aries Spears' Shaq impression, though not the most accurate, is downright hilarious with those crosseyes. Frank Caliendo is probably the most talented cast member I have seen in recent years. His John Madden, Bush, and Jay Leno impression are down to the wire...practically perfect. A true, true talent.

Yamaneko
11-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Will Sasso was funnier than all of them. The Kenny Rogers bit has got to be the funniest thing ever.

Dingo Jellybean
11-07-2004, 03:45 AM
Will Sasso was funnier than all of them. The Kenny Rogers bit has got to be the funniest thing ever.

Well, yeah. Darrell Hammond was funnier than them too, but I was referring to current casts.

The product has really degraded...Jimmy Fallon leaving helped SNL a bit...but they need to get rid of stiffs like Tina Fey.

kikimm
11-07-2004, 03:46 AM

*nods* I loved MadTV during the more..middle years, but now I can't stand it.

As for SNL, John Lovitz, Dana Carvey (that sounds wrong...) and Will Ferrel were excellent. Will Forte is is up there as well.

:D

MoonsEcho
11-07-2004, 04:44 AM
Current casts, I can't comment too much on, because I don't watch either show much at all now. Except reruns. I like MadTV tons better than SNL, and my favorite cast members were Michael MacDonald, Will Sasso, and Alex Borstein (solely for the Miss Swan sketches!).

SNL, meh......Guess I don't really have a favorite.

Denmark
11-08-2004, 02:31 AM
I haven't seen much of Mad TV, so I'm going with SNL.

Will Ferrell, Dana Carvey, John Belushi.

DMKA
11-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Ms. SWAN BITCHES! :love:

White Raven
11-08-2004, 04:18 AM
5 best of all time:
~Phil Hartman
~Mike Myers
~Norm McDonald
~Chevy Chase
~Darell Hammond

I'm not a big fan of MadTV...great magazine though!

Dingo Jellybean
11-08-2004, 04:44 AM
CURRENT members only. Man...I thought I made my subtopic clear. :rolleyes2

Casey
11-08-2004, 04:46 AM

lmao. I like that one!

I was raised on da dairy bitch!- Kenny Rogers impersonated by Will Sasso

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2004, 04:59 AM
At least a good handful of guys are too close to call when it comes to SNL, but the best aspect of MadTV was Phil LaMarr.

Doomgaze
11-08-2004, 06:16 AM
I don't watch new episodes of either. *shrugs*

Phil LaMarr was/is good, though.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-08-2004, 01:01 PM
People actually watch MadTV? Wow.
Seriously though. MadTV has got to be one of the worst shows on television. New SNL is pretty terrible too.

Levian
11-08-2004, 01:49 PM
The newest episodes of MadTV haven't been aired in Norway yet, so I don't really know who the current ones are. But I think these are particulary talentful:

Nicole Sullivan, Mo Collins, That woman who plays retarded little sisters.

I think these are particulary funny:

Alex Borstein, Michael McDonald, That woman who plays retarded little sisters.

I think these are particulary dull:

Will Sasso.

MoonsEcho
11-08-2004, 04:42 PM
CURRENT members only. Man...I thought I made my subtopic clear. :rolleyes2

Sorry about that. But, in that case, they all suck, except for Michael MacDonald with MadTV. SNL has sucked horribly for a couple years now.