PDA

View Full Version : HHaahhh! My friend is an IDIOT in FFX he......

Ryth
11-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Couldn't beat YU YEVON the final boss that mega-wussy in FFX! I had to tell him to cast reflect on him!!!! HAAHHHAAHH! Did anyone else you know couldn't beat something really simple in an FF game?

Black Roses
11-07-2004, 04:33 PM
how can you NOT win against Yu Yevon!!!
It is so much a token battle! Everyone [not yev.] has auto-life!!!

Oh my GOD! that is some retard friend! :eek:

InfiniteSeraph
11-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Slit your friend's throat. I'm sure he doesnt need it. Right?

Trumpet Thief
11-07-2004, 06:22 PM
chaos: Geesh, gosh, it's not that big of a deal. Considering that Yu Yevon casts Curaga on itself every turn, it's easy to get puzzled.

Rubedo: And let's not turn this into a "flame the friend" thread either.

Ultima Shadow
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
chaos: Geesh, gosh, it's not that big of a deal. Considering that Yu Yevon casts Curaga on itself every turn, it's easy to get puzzled.

Rubedo: And let's not turn this into a "flame the friend" thread either.

theundeadhero
11-07-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't see what's so funny about that. I didn't cast reflect and still killed Yu Yevon.

Trumpet Thief
11-07-2004, 08:59 PM
chaos: I found that casting Anima's "death claw" or something was more effective, as it made Curaga hurt Yu Yevon, rather than heal her.

Trowa: Our memory is pretty much busted though... haven't touched that game in a while... *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares*

Ultima Shadow
11-07-2004, 09:13 PM
chaos: I found that casting Anima's "death claw" or something was more effective, as it made Curaga hurt Yu Yevon, rather than heal her.

Trowa: Our memory is pretty much busted though... haven't touched that game in a while... *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares*
"death claw" is a monster from FFV and FFVIII. I think you mean "Zombie strike".
Yea, that's the best way... althought I didn't use it since none of my characters had learned it.
I just used "mix" and tro of 9999 and then multiple hit moves.

And not being able to kill off Yu Yeavon is really not a great deal. And if it's your friends first play trough an FF it's completely understandable that he couldn't kill Yu Yevon.
And atleast he didn't "lose" against Yu Yeavon because that's "impossible".

Auronhart
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM
*agrees with Ultima Shadow*
The first time I took him out I didn't have zombie strike or break damage limit/useful mix items, so I took him out with doublecast flare, but without that I don't think I could have finished him. :spin:

Sefie1999AD
11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
*FFX SPOILERS!*

I agree with Ultima Shadow. If you don't have Reflect or Zombie Attack and you haven't leveled up your characters to do 9999+ damage with every hit, it might feel hard to beat Yu Yevon since he just keeps healing all the time. I was like that on my first time through FFX, and after the battle against Jecht and the Aeons, I was quite tired so I was quite puzzled about Yu Yevon battle. Fortunately I had Zombie Attack, and I tried using it on him, and to my amazement, it worked. Nowadays I just use Zombie Attack + Phoenix Down to instantly kill him, but those kinds of things aren't obvious to everyone at all.

Trumpet Thief
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
chaos: Yeah, I had my finger on that name but I just couldn't get it. Anyways, it helps as each turn Yu Yevon already does major damage to itself, plus, you can attack it, and it'll hurt itself anyways.

Rubedo: Plus, because you are given Auto-Life and Yu Yevon never actually attacks you, there is no way you can lose. (Although, thinking up strategies isn't always easy, so let's not go saying that your friend is a completely moron)

One winged angel of death
11-08-2004, 09:21 PM
ummm...my friend couldn't beat the first form of seymour when you got shiva...

Dragoon Kain
11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
HOW CAN YOU NOT BEAT YU YEVON! HIS ONLY ATTACK KILLS HIMSELF!

Trumpet Thief
11-08-2004, 09:57 PM
HOW CAN YOU NOT BEAT YU YEVON! HIS ONLY ATTACK KILLS HIMSELF!

chaos: No it doesn't, it heals himself.

SomethingBig
11-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry, but your friend should never pick up any type of controller ever again.

Ryth
11-09-2004, 02:02 AM
This thread is getting kinda off topic now and well it isn't funny I guess it really more sad.......... I don't see how it could puzzle someone it is so FREAK'IN SIMPLE I knew there was other strategies that's just the first one to me that comes to mine and mean you could use zombie, reflect,silence,and there was this one more complex strategy I don't remember what it is though. but with Wakka's over 130 atk and World Champion could kill him instantly.

Strawberry_Mew
11-09-2004, 08:39 AM
I just had Yuna hit Yu-Yevon once. Her Attack was 99,999 :)

Ultima Shadow
11-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry, but your friend should never pick up any type of controller ever again.
Hey, now you're going a little too far... I can't really see what's the big deal!
Anyway... back on the topic:

Did anyone else you know couldn't beat something really simple in an FF game?
Yea, alot of people can't beat Omega Weapon in FFVIII without using 100 Holy Wars + Lionheart and The End.
But it's absolutely nothing wrong with that... just like there's nothing wrong with not being able to beat Yu Yeavon.

11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
i beat one of seymours forms by attacking this one thing and it kept takeing his life and he killed himself...^_^ my friend didn't listen instead she attacked the 2nd yu yevon form of seymour directly and lost...^_^ oh and once i cast reflect on him and he kept healing me...^_^'

Dragoon Kain
11-10-2004, 12:07 AM
chaos: No it doesn't, it heals himself.

actually he does. hit triangle and keep skipping your turn or just keep healing yourself or something and he'll kill himself. go try it and then try to prove me wrong.

Trumpet Thief
11-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Rubedo: In that case I am wrong, forgive me.

Dragoon Kain
11-10-2004, 01:53 AM
forgived :D

11-10-2004, 07:05 PM
i'm not there yet...T_T Sin is killing me...

Strawberry_Mew
11-10-2004, 09:16 PM
i'm not there yet...T_T Sin is killing me...

Good Luck ;)

Xander
11-11-2004, 12:14 PM
My ex-bf sucked at FFX, he couldn't beat umm...I think it was the chocobo eater or something...tee hee.

DJZen
11-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Should this thread go in a different forum?

Ryth
11-12-2004, 12:14 AM
No DJzen it sholudn't it says stupid things people you know (or yourself) doing something that was so simple and easy yet couldn't beat it IN AN FF GAME! Understood?

Trumpet Thief
11-12-2004, 12:16 AM
No DJzen it sholudn't it says stupid things people you know (or yourself) doing something that was so simple and easy yet couldn't beat it IN AN FF GAME! Understood?

chaos: Okay Mr.Teacher :jap:

Ryth
11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
chaos: Okay Mr.Teacher :jap:

(says jokingly with a few chuckles) Shut up!

Trumpet Thief
11-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Rubedo: I don't like this class anymore... Dr. Unne's Sex education classes are much better! :meditate:

chaos: Heh, just kidding! Yeah, I suppose I might be sticking up a bit too much for your friend, unless it was his first time. For one, it's impossible to lose (Unless you petrify your whole party) and second, there are countless ways to win :D

11-12-2004, 12:49 AM
eh heh heh heh...i didn't beat the chocobo eater....

Strawberry_Mew
11-12-2004, 10:32 PM
just one thing that bugs me...how can u not beat a battle like that with Auto-Life cast on u all the time..... I swear that battle was a gimmie. Just how can u lose...-ish soo confussed.....-

Ryth
11-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Rubedo: I don't like this class anymore... Dr. Unne's Sex education classes are much better! :meditate:

chaos: Heh, just kidding! Yeah, I suppose I might be sticking up a bit too much for your friend, unless it was his first time. For one, it's impossible to lose (Unless you petrify your whole party) and second, there are countless ways to win :D

No it wasn't his first time he has lots of FF games yet couldn't kill Yu Yevon (sigh) so sad...... Anyway for your smart remarks Trumpet Thief and for being a thief you get extra homework tonight you have to name EVERY RPG and Fighting ever on the home consoles since Atari/Intellivision (if there is any) days I expect it back to this thread on 12/9/04 it of course it could come before that as well and it isn't teacher it's Mr. Sephiroth. ok? Also this is a warning if you have another offense you have to watch Tellitubies and Boombah for 4 hours a day for a week. :p Answer to Strawberry Mew's question my friend isn't too intelligent.....at all. I don't wanna berate my friend but dang how could he not beat him he never got an auctal Game Over screen he just kept attacking him and Yu kept healing himself.

EDIT: Don't know how this post doubled it was some strange bug please don't ban me!!!!

Ultima Shadow
11-12-2004, 11:14 PM
EDIT: Don't know how this post doubled it was some strange bug please don't ban me!!!!
Hey, don't worry. The CK's aren't THAT cruel. ;) All you have to do is press the edit/delete button in the corner to the right in the end of the post and then chose to delete 1 of the posts. ;)

Ryth
11-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey, don't worry. The CK's aren't THAT cruel. ;) All you have to do is press the edit/delete button in the corner to the right in the end of the post and then chose to delete 1 of the posts. ;)

I forgot about the delete option :p :p!! I really just said that so the admins. don't think I spam.

Giga Guess
11-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Once, I died against Kefka....I was so ashamed.

But yeah, the friend isn't that bad in my books. Not everyone is of the mindset of an expert FFer. I mean...how many has he played?

11-13-2004, 12:01 AM
i didn't die i just go pushed off the ledge...^_^'

Strawberry_Mew
11-13-2004, 01:05 AM
i didn't die i just go pushed off the ledge...^_^'

I did 2 my first time I played X :riiight:

Ryth
11-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Once, I died against Kefka....I was so ashamed.

But yeah, the friend isn't that bad in my books. Not everyone is of the mindset of an expert FFer. I mean...how many has he played?

He has
FFI
FFII
FFIV
FFV
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FF: Crystal Chronicles well he used to before he got rid of his GameCube
I think he has FF Tatics or FF Tatics Advance as well

I got pushed off the edge my first time against the Chocobo Eater but the two other times I went through FFX I beat him easily too and felt like an idiot on how simple it really was.

11-13-2004, 08:58 PM
i didn't know...ff10 was my first final fantasy rpg and it was the year 2004 around the end of december when i got it....

theundeadhero
11-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Time travelers! Holy cows! Runs and hides. *Just joking, I'm sure you meant 2003*

Strawberry_Mew
11-13-2004, 11:47 PM
I got X when I first got my ps2 and that was March..2003 ..i think :confused:

11-14-2004, 06:07 PM
nope i waited till it was like $14.59 at target. that was around the end of 2004....^_^' but....i was testing it...little did i know that i'd get into the series...i was at first a legend of zelda girl now i'ma ff person...

theundeadhero
11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
it was the year 2004 around the end of december
It's only November 2004????

Ryth
11-14-2004, 08:39 PM
I got FFX with my PS2 in 2002 (I think all I know is that I got it in the same year the PS2 came out).

SomethingBig
11-14-2004, 08:44 PM
He has
FFI
FFII
FFIV
FFV
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FF: Crystal Chronicles well he used to before he got rid of his GameCube
I think he has FF Tatics or FF Tatics Advance as well
That is really sad. FFX is the easiest out of all of them.

Strawberry_Mew
11-15-2004, 05:28 AM
nope i waited till it was like $14.59 at target. that was around the end of 2004....^_^' but....i was testing it...little did i know that i'd get into the series...i was at first a legend of zelda girl now i'ma ff person...

I love both Zelda and FF n_n

Xander
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
And this thread seems to have gone waaay off-topic and turned into a chat room....so I think enough is enough.. xD