PDA

View Full Version : Better character to use?

InfiniteSeraph
11-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Sabin or Edgar?

theundeadhero
11-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Why not both?

ShunNakamura
11-07-2004, 07:12 PM
This is a question that plagues me alot at times if I have to go with 1 or the other.

Anyways in the early game(WoB) I usually prefer Edgar he is pretty solid and his machines can really shine there. Once you can learn Bum Rush though I tend to use Sabin more often, bum rushes can hurt a little :rolleyes2

Edgar is still strong in the end game if you built him up and, I guess I go with Sabin just cause I like Bum Rushing :P

Also if you have trouble getting out the blitzes I would definately stick with edgar, if not both are strong, solid characters, so perhaps use one for a bit and then the other and rinse, wash, and repeat.

theundeadhero
11-07-2004, 07:40 PM
I always use the same characters in the same part of the game so I don't really worry about it anymore but the way I chose my first few times through was by who had the lower lvl. I tried to keep my good characters on an average lvl with each other and taking the lowest lvl character to the next part of the game seemed to balance it out really well.

Del Murder
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Sabin is better overall, but Edgar is better if you are lazy and don't feel like doing blitzes.

Snap Jumper
11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
One enemy: Take Sabin and blitz away.
Multiple enemies: Edgar's Autocrossbow can damage each at once.

I'd take Edgar in the WOB, but the crossbow just isn't as good later on. It's a tossup in the WOR.

Dark Falken
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I always pair up characters. I pick one to play the whole game through (where possible) and the other pair gets switched out based on which pair has the lowest average level. Edgar and Sabin are always together. :p

Flashback007
11-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I almost take them together and then team them up with Celes and Cyan in the WoR. In the WoB it is better to choose Edgar, cause hos Autocrossbow can do actually a lot of damage to many enemies. In the WoR you go with Sabin, cause in the beginning of the WoR you also take him at he levels up very fast then. Also both are very strong because you can have them that early in the game. You can very easily boost their magic because 9 of 10 times, you will have one of them in your team. Edgar was for me the first charachter that learned all the spells, Sabin was second.

If you want attacks who can hit every enemy and all so simple attacks that do heavy damage to one enemy choose Edgar.
If you want a little challenge and try to press the buttons right for the Blitz's then choose Sabin.
Or if you want a combination of those two choose them both.

RaisedGolem
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM
About the whole autocrossbow for multiple enemies, why not use fire dance blitz with sabin. I would give sabin ice spells, then use either fire dance or ice on all enemies. It works well for me.

Varius41
11-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I used to use Sabin because of his huge damage potential, but if you're good at his blitz's, he almost seems like a cheap character to use. So I stopped really using him.
I would use him and celes in the beginning a lot, because you need them to be toughened up in the WoR when they are the only two people you have. Especially Celes, because sometimes she is forced to fight alone.
Edgar is nice in the beginning, and provides a lot of useful additions to the party throughout the game. He is very well-balanced, and his tools can do a lot of stuff.

My part ( I usually only take three) is Terra, Shadow, and Strago. I occasionally throw in Gogo for the extra umph, but other than that I have fun with three people.

Also, I'd like to say right here that a lot of people miss the insane damage potential Gau has in the WoB. He can cast magic before any other characters (save Terra and Celes), which makes him very useful. Especially when going down the Serpent Trench. If he is mimicing the Ghost, for example, he gets to cast Bolt 2, which does a hefty amount at that early in the game.

Edgar or Sabin? Depends on your style, really.
I chose Edgar. He gets a bonus for being called the "son of a submariner".

theundeadhero
11-15-2004, 04:56 PM
If Edgar is a son of a submariner than Sabin is too, by default.