PDA

View Full Version : FF1 Origins Final Dungeon

Captain Maxx Power
11-07-2004, 10:06 PM
At what level should I be attempting the Temple o Fiends circa today minus 2000 years? I tried it at level 29 with the best equip possible, full spells, and got creamed by the time I reached the Earth level :mad:

Side note : Using Fi/Th/WM/BM party with upgraded classes.

Sefie1999AD
11-07-2004, 10:41 PM
You should be fine with those levels, though if you have a lot of trouble with the battles, go to some place like the Castle of Ordeals (fighting Zombie Dragons), Ice Cave (fighting the Eye) or the Sky Castle until your levels are 30-35+. Make sure your White Wizard has the spell Exit. You should also have 99 Heal Potions and Antidotes. Equip your Knight with Excalibur and Thief with Katana (I think you have it by now). Since this is FF Origins, make sure you've saved lots of Heal Staves and Heal Helmets, and Defence Sword and White Shirt are also useful.

Try going through the Temple of Fiends Past. If your party is in a bad condition, wait until you get into an easy battle, kill all but one enemy, then have someone use a White Shirt and the rest use Heal Staves/Helmets. On the next turn, have someone use the Defence Sword and the rest use Heal Staves/Helmets again. Repeat the pattern but have someone else use the Defence Sword on the next turn. You can also try confusing the last enemy with a Wizard Staff. When you've got yourself healed, just kill the last enemy. Then continue.

The last dungeon will also let you gain a lot of levels. You can keep advancing and fighting there until you're running out of spells and items, then have White Wizard cast Exit, go to Coneria to heal yourself and restock your items, then enter the last dungeon again. You'll eventually be strong enough to beat the place.

One more tip: when you find the Masamune, cast Exit and save the game. Sure, you have to go through the Temple of Fiends Past again and fight the 4 reborn Fiends again, but believe me, it's a lot easier with that sword. Your Knight is already strong enough with Excalibur, so give Masamune to someone like your Ninja, or even better, your White Wizard. The sword is the strongest in the game, anyone can equip it and anyone wielding it will get tons of attack power.

Captain Maxx Power
11-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Looks like it'll be the level grind for me then. I'm already way ahead of you on many of those suggestions, including THAT weapon which will go on my Thief. With all the casting items my Black Mage is really there to Nuke or Zap! the stronger enemies (I refuse to call it Banish or whatever the new translation is. Zap! is just that thousand times nattier)

Caster Black Wizard
11-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok Guys my stratergy is get full potions best equipment and lvl 55 on all guys (all mine are 58).To get to that lvl just keep going as far as u can into the temple then teleporting when your potions rune out! Go to Cornelia and restock! Make sure u have nice shiny weapons and armour so it is easy!
By the way Black Wizards rule rock on!!!!

Sefie1999AD
11-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Caster Black Wizard, many people play FF1 on Normal difficulty level, which is the same as the difficulty in FF1 NES and WSC. The Easy difficulty makes the game way too easy, not to mention your spell-casters will be overly powered up. You can reach level 30 a lot faster than in the Normal difficulty (the EXP needed to get to level 30 on Easy would get you to level 15-20 or so on Normal) and almost everything about the game is easier anyway. In Normal difficulty, the max level is 50, which is an overkill that makes the game a breeze unless you're playing a special party (like 4 White Mages or Solo Thief). Level 55 on Easy is way over the top, IMHO. :D

Maxx Power: If you were referring to the Masamune with "THAT weapon," then never mind what I said. You wrote that you got defeated by the time you reached the Earth level, and "THAT weapon" is a few levels after the Earth level, in the Wind level. Are you still stuck with the last dungeon or have you finished it already?

robfinalfantasy
11-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Try leveling up with the Gas Dragons until you reach 50.

Flashback007
11-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Sephiroth1999AD is right, you are at a good level plus if you get the Masamune it will be a walk trough the park. One tip, before you fight the last boss, you should try to get every enemy on your list. Then you have 100% for the game. You can use the collection guide for that. (When you have Masamune it's going to be way easier)

dman
11-22-2004, 06:57 AM
If the encounters are too annoying, just memo-save/save-state your way through the dungeon. Your party is strong enough. I had the same party at level 30 or 31 and it wasn't too hard, even without the cheap memo save.

Captain Maxx Power
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Not to worry fellahs, it's all good. Final boss mushed into golden goo, and I'm once again victorious against the forces of darkness. About five more levels did the trick :)