PDA

View Full Version : Seeing double in X-2

Duncan
11-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I just bought a copy of FF X-2 and at certain points in the game it seems like I'm seeing double. Sometimes I'll see an echo image to the left of all the things on screen. It seems to happen most often during the non-battle sequences. Once I jump into a battle it clears up. This doesn't happen with any of my other PS2 (or PS1) games. Is this just a bad disc? Anyone else experience this?

Bomber
11-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Maybe it's a bad disc. Who knows?

The only time I've seen double (as I'm sure most of us have) is after the very first mission to recover Yuna's Garment Grid. :D

Duncan
11-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Well I've only played up to the point where you beat the girl who stole Yuna's Garment grid. I am assuming that you are referring to something that takes place after that? I first noticed the echo image on the characters when you start chasing after the singer right after the very first battle. Then it kind of came and went.

Duncan
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's a few screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. To the left of everything you can see a "shadow" image on the first and third images. Apparently I got it backwards, it happens in the battle sequences but not the other part. The other shots are fine. I'm just wondering if this is normal.

TheSpoonyBard
11-09-2004, 10:11 PM
All I can suggest is you adjust your SCART lead just to make sure everything is firmly in place, both in the TV and the PS2, and maybe play around with your TVs configurations.

m4tt
11-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Do you mean that bluring in the.. 3rd screenshot? I get that too. I just figured it was my tv.

Duncan
11-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Do you mean that bluring in the.. 3rd screenshot? I get that too. I just figured it was my tv.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It seems to come and go and it really rather annoying. Matty, was it like that through the whole game? Also, just out of curiousity, are you using the original PS2 or the new fangled little guy? I'm using the new PS2 model and I was wondering if it was the result of some incompatibility. I've already returned the original disc I bought and traded it in, and the new disc does the exact same thing.

What's a SCART lead?

TheSpoonyBard
11-10-2004, 12:02 PM
A SCART lead is the lead that connects your TV to your PS2. The end that plugs into your TV has 3 distinct connections - yellow, red and white. Make sure these are inserted in the corresponding holes in your TV. Sometimes if the end inserted into your PS2 comes loose, like mine does, you will suffer from distorted colour and screen positioning. You will either have a SCART lead or an RF lead, the latter connects to your TV's aerial port.

Jolts
11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Here's my question. Are you using a projection or LCD screen?
You shouldn't play video games on projection screens, it could possibly harm them (most big screen TVs use projection), but if it's LCD, then there's nothing wrong, it's just the way the screen is.
Of course, you said you don't notice the problem with other games, so those probably aren't it.

Also, I think some of that bluring, or "after-imaging," as my dad calls it, is done by the game itself, 'cause I've noticed it in FFX-2 when using a perfectly normal TV and all the connections are connected properly.

Duncan
11-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Well I think my connections are good. I'm using an S-Video connection for it and it works fine for other games. I normally have my PS2 plugged into my TV (an HDTV CRT), but the screen caps were from my PC's video capture card. I'm pretty sure all my connections are good as I don't see this problem on other games. Is FF X-2 just supposed to do that?

Jolts
11-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I think it's just an overused special effect.

Duncan
11-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I think it's just an overused special effect.

I think you're right. I just went and looked through a whole bunch of screenshots from gamespot and gamespy and sure enough in some of the shots, you can see a echo image effect. I guess I'm just overreacting.

m4tt
11-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It seems to come and go and it really rather annoying. Matty, was it like that through the whole game? Also, just out of curiousity, are you using the original PS2 or the new fangled little guy? I'm using the new PS2 model and I was wondering if it was the result of some incompatibility. I've already returned the original disc I bought and traded it in, and the new disc does the exact same thing.

What's a SCART lead?

I used the bulky model, but a newer one (like a year old). As far as I can recall, it's like that for most of the game. I never got around to finishing it though. :p

rcabronx
12-23-2004, 05:40 PM
It used to happen to me in FFX all the time while i was in Zanarkand fighting those robot thingies.... It happened once or twice in that first beginning piece of FFX-2, but then after that first sequence it stopped, much like it would only happen in Zanarkand in the first one... only some glitch, I'm sure....

12-23-2004, 07:54 PM
wow you guys talk smart. none of this ever happened to me

rubah
12-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I remember the screens going extra blurry at times (which was weird) in ffx and x-2 (zanarkand and bevelle respectively) but I don't ever recall seeing double.