PDA

View Full Version : So, I have a question.

Beowulf
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
In regards to Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, I would like to know what YOU think I should do? Get rid of Nel for Albel? Or Keep Nel and not get Albel? I can't decide, its a hard choice :S

theundeadhero
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Get rid of everybody at once by lighting the game on fire, dancing around it, and screaming like a crazy Indian! or you could just keep Nel, that's what I did.

Lord Chainsaw
11-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Take Nel AND Albel.

You get a choice between Roger, Peppita, Nel and Albel. You get to take two.

If you really can't decide on which to take, then take both Nel and Albel and ditch Roger and Peppita.

If you're already past a point of no return and have already taken Roger or Peppita and you're between Nel and Albel, then you probably have a somewhat tougher choice to make.

I've leveled Nel to about 40 and didn't really see anything that stood out. I leveled Albel to about 65 and thought his Palm of Destruction rocked the house. Nel has healing, but you can always teach Albel the Common Support skills thereby negating Nel's advantage over him in that field. That is, unless Nel somehow learns Fairy Light or a resurrection spell later on which I doubt.

One thing Nel has over Albel is MP damage. Albel has the worst MP damage in the game. If you're using someone like Maria in your party, then you shouldn't worry about Albel's MP damage because she'll be doing enough.

If I had to classify them, I'd say Albel is melee and Nel is all-round. Who you take should probably depend on who your other two party members are and how they would work together with another melee or another all-rounder.

My final piece of advice is to simply use characters that you like in and out of battle. There's really no perfect team, so yours should come down to your favorite characters (provided they are at least capable of performing in a team situation). I have a slight bias for Albel. Not that that should influence your decision. I just ended up using him cause he's voiced by Crispin Freemen of Xenosaga fame.