PDA

View Full Version : Alarm clock-ish program

Erdrick Holmes
11-10-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm trying to find a program for WinXP Pro that will play a sound effect through my speakers when my system clock hits a time I set it for. I need one because my alarm clock is messed up, any ideas?

Baloki
11-10-2004, 03:06 AM
I don't know of any programs really that are specifically made for that, however I ca suggest a few things:

1) If you have a calender program with an event reminder set that to remind you of say a morning event with a sound alert, Microsoft Outlook (not express) does come with some kind of feature like that and Microsoft Calender does have a great feature that even lets you chose the sound.

2) Try searching http://www.downloads.com and see if you can find any that look faugly sutible, hope this helps :D

Dr Unne
11-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Windows has that stupid Schedule Task thing built in I think, so schedule it to run a program that plays a WAV file.

-N-
11-10-2004, 07:58 AM
I programmed one in C++ with a simple DOS interface. It's intended for my use only, but you may dig it, since it'll play a playlist in Winamp at the given time and date you specify. Only thing is you gotta leave the comp on. I use my iPod alarm clock now these days (or my roommate's annoying clock), but if you want it, um, yeah, let me know, or something. Or just go to freaking www.download.com. They've got a ton of stuff there.

Erdrick Holmes
11-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I found one, thanks alot. Because of that I was able to get up to get ready for a job interview.