PDA

View Full Version : Angel Wing... (Whatever...) *possable spoilers*

Sess020
11-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Okay, I finished the game last night for the first time in over 4 years. But there was one thing that put me in deep thought digging through the plot of ff8. I never could figure it out though. Maybe you guys can bless me with the unfound knowledge.
So, whats the significance of the angel wings on Rinoa?
There are little wing patterns on her cloak or coat or whatever that blue thing is... The wings also appear on her back in the end. Plus she has the limit break [Angel Wing]. Oh, dont forget about the feathers everywhere... ... :sweatdrop
I dont get it.

ShivaBlizzard8
11-10-2004, 05:10 AM
I think it has to do with her being a sorceress; all of the major soceresses in FF8 have "wings" of some kind. Ulty's are black and feathered, Adel's are not feathered at all but look more like black wing-shaped metal, and Edea has that gold thing on her back which symbolizes her "wings." Rinoa has white feathered wings, hence her costume design. I also think the designers were also trying to make her appear "angelic."

TheSpoonyBard
11-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Rinoa's white 'wings' and Ultimecia's black 'wings' are some people's fuel for the Rinoa=Ultimecia debate, saying that as Rinoa grew up she turned nasty and actually is Ultimecia. This process of converting from good to evil is obviously represented by the change of colour in her 'wings'.

On a deeper note, wings can be seen as objects of transportation, propelling you along your path of destiny. While Rinoa's were white she travelled the path of light and righteousness, but over time she deviated from her path, and her black wings caused her to take the path of darkness and chaos.