PDA

View Full Version : Favorite learning system.

Flashback007
11-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Ok, in every Final Fantasy there is another learning system. For example you have the system where the learn it with leveling up (FFIV) or with jobs (FFV). We also have Espers (FFVI), Materia (FFVII) and Junctioning (FFVIII). Or goes your favorite to another like the learning from equipment (FFIX) or the Spheregrid (FFX)? Or even another?

My favorite is or the one from FFVI. I found it very fun to use Espers and also learn the spells then. Also you already have the charachters that have all other abilities. They learn it from leveling up. I think is really cool. Maybe the system from FFIX is also good. The buying equipment and then learn it from that is really a challenge. Because you have to think ahead. What is going to be the next thing I am going to need

TheSpoonyBard
11-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Materia is the best. It is so diverse, there is an infinitie number of ways you can set up your characters. There is no pre-determination involved, giving you complete freedom to make the characters in your own image, unlike FFV or FFIX. It is simple to grasp, yet incredibly tricky to master (much like playing a guitar). It is also in the game that I deem best ever (that's an opinion, not a fact). In addition, it's unique, I don' think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

theundeadhero
11-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I like FFIX's the best.

TheSpoonyBard
11-10-2004, 01:00 PM
I like FFIX's the best.Why?

Jolts
11-10-2004, 01:08 PM
In my opinion, the Jobs and Materia systems are tied as the best. More specificly, with the Job system, I like the one in Final Fantasy Tactics the most.

Chris
11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
I like Final Fantasy IX system the most.
Its simple without any strain or headache's...even though Final
Fantasy VIII is my favorite I still hate the system.

Zante
11-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I liked the job sistem from TA most, because it gives relative freedom, but the characters still aren't the same. I also liked the materia and spehe grid sistem, the only flaw was that in the end, the characters ended up the same.

Polaris
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I liked Materia, junction was to complicated!

theundeadhero
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Why?
It was simple. You Equip the item and then carry on with the game without much of a second thought. If you get something new to equip, stop progress to fight until the first ones learnt, change, then move on. It's not as complicated as deciding where to go with a dressphere or trying to decide between everyone in the game which "learning device" to equip.

One winged angel of death
11-10-2004, 07:04 PM
umm...materia....*zombified*

Rusty
11-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I like the Junction System in FFVIII.

Old Manus
11-11-2004, 04:28 PM
FFIX's is the best. It's simple yet effective.

Cleric
11-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I definately like the materia system the best, because you could have one healer, one fighter, and one person who cast magic, and fought effectively.

Ryth
11-12-2004, 10:55 PM
It's a tie between Materia and Sphere Grid.

Auronhart
11-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Junctioning!!! More complicated than the other systems, but that's part of what I like about it. FF9's system was boring. :(

Jolts
11-13-2004, 01:56 AM
FFVIII's Junction System wasn't complicated, it just took all the fun out of battles. Well, for me anyway, 'cause I never used magic so my stats wouldn't go down, and I rarely used GFs so my rank wouldn't go down. So, I was basically limited to normal attacks, limit breaks, and special abilities like Doom, Recover, etc...

Del Murder
11-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Materia was good, but I like FFVI. Everyone can learn every spell, but on top of that they each have their own abilities that can be developed in their own ways.