PDA

View Full Version : Tidus : Spoilers Inside.

yuki the thief
11-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Can Somebody Tell Me?!

why is Tidus back? How?!
i dun think i would ever get the perfect ending :cry:

SeeDRankLou
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
He comes back in the good ending too, see the Endings thread in this forum for further details.

Tidus comes back as recompense for what Yuna did for the fayth. She saves them (for the second time), this time from Shuyin making them make dark aeons and fiends appear out of the temples. As for how Tidus is back in the first place, that's up for discussion, there are several possibilities. Tidus thinks that the fayth gathered all of his thoughts and memories and reformed him. If they could do that though, why didn't they do it in the first place? That's what I want to know. But Tidus is back because Yuna helped the fayth, and this is their thanks.

The Chocobo Warrior
11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
One question here, if Tidus comes back at the end of the game, when you reset it, will he still be there? (Meaning, will he be in the game after you beated it)

Big D
11-11-2004, 11:41 PM
One question here, if Tidus comes back at the end of the game, when you reset it, will he still be there? (Meaning, will he be in the game after you beated it)No. When you restart, the story re-starts too. You can play again and get the good/perfect ending, and he'll return. If you get the normal/sad ending, he won't be back.Tidus thinks that the fayth gathered all of his thoughts and memories and reformed him. If they could do that though, why didn't they do it in the first place? That's what I want to know.Hmm... it could be something to do with the Fayth learning new abilities, or finding a way to make a bigger effort than before. When Shuyin corrupted the Farplane, the Aeons appeared in the temples again. They shouldn't have been able to do this, but something unlocked the power for them to become corporeal again. Maybe, because of what Shuyin did to them, they figured out how to take the planet's energy and use it to make Tidus into a living, breathing person once more?

arcdragon9
11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Maybe they are just doing what they did before to make him in the real world, but since they do not have to re-create the city of Zanarkand in entire they can focus everything on him and thus make him permanent. OR
Tidus was a guy killed in the first attack of Sin attack that destroyed Zanarkand. Otherwise he would not have been re-created in the dream he would have been one of the fayth in the stone wall summoning that dream. Since his pyraflies still existed, they could have simply reformed him with the memories like someone else had mentioned and made him live once more. OR
I could be wrong. If I ever meet the write of the story line I'll ask, but probally he never came up with the explannation.

Big D
11-12-2004, 02:55 AM
Tidus was a guy killed in the first attack of Sin attack that destroyed Zanarkand. Otherwise he would not have been re-created in the dream he would have been one of the fayth in the stone wall summoning that dream.I disagree. The dream city existed for a thousand years before Tidus was born inside it. He's only 17, after all. The Fayth, as you say, are all survivors of Zanarkand; but their dream is just a re-creation of that city, not its people. The people in it are dreams, certainly, but not necessarily dreams of real people. Tidus, and the other people in the dream city, are basically figments of the imagination of the Fayth. Tidus may have been based on some fragment of someone's memory of Shuyin, but that's just a theory. Nothing solidly suggests that Tidus was ever a real person. As a Fayth dream, though, he was as real as anyone else. A Fayth dream can have a life of its own, as is shown by the Aeons. When Yu Yevon died at the end of FFX, the Fayth lost their ability to keep the dream city going. The dream faded away - the city, its people, all of it. But they ended up on the Farplane; this we know for sure, since we see Jecht high-five his son at the very end. So there were plenty of Pyreflies, and thus memories, for the Fayth to use when they finally re-created Tidus in the real world once again.

arcdragon9
11-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Valid point, but what about when the fayth said it was a re-creation to the last detail that Yu Yevon made with the big fayth thing at the summit of Gagazet. Also, So what if he's 17, it's a dream, the fact it's a dream means time is irrelavant since it could be replayed over and over to Yu's hearts' content.
But that was just a theory I came up with. I like my first one better, about the fayth not having to re-create the enitre city etc..
So the history of the situation can be up to the gmaer.
Well my hall-mates are bugging me to help them with a tradition we do at my college, so I'm off.

Big D
11-13-2004, 05:53 AM
Valid point, but what about when the fayth said it was a re-creation to the last detailThe dream is lacking quite a lot. The real Zanarkand was a place of magic as well as technology. The art of summoning was their greatest achievement... yet Tidus has never heard of summoning, or Aeons, or even elements. The dream misses out all the magical aspects of life in Spira, even pyreflies and the Farplane.
Also, So what if he's 17, it's a dream, the fact it's a dream means time is irrelavant since it could be replayed over and over to Yu's hearts' content.
Good point; he does say that "Zanarkand never sleeps"; 17 years of sleepless nights would be pretty tough for most people, unless they were re-living the same day time and again:D
Well my hall-mates are bugging me to help them with a tradition we do at my college, so I'm off.Sounds painful... hope the swelling goes down soon.

arcdragon9
11-15-2004, 02:16 AM
I don't know how to use the quote thing here, so bear with me. About your first comment in you last post, good point. I have nothin else to add to this so Im done.

About the last part, no it doesn't hurt... me. Whenever a guy gets engaged here, his hallmates and friends strip him to his boxers and throw him in the nearby lake at night. It is then his job to run uphill to a bell and ring it. It is quit a run. I just helped drag him to the truck where we took him to the lake. after the people in the truck drive around shouting and etc. The girl gets off easy, all she gets is a candle light service. They're not much but they are out traditions.

one.winged.angel.
11-22-2004, 04:32 AM
if tidus came back does that mean that jecht and zanarkaned will be recreated :confused:

Demon eye
12-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Ya know I never really thought about But if Ject was sin wouldent sin be resurrected as well. Tidus comes back but hes only a dead spirit (i think)like aroun(i dont know how to spell his name).

BudSoda02
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Well Tidus was a dream of the faith, as was Jecht. (His Father) Yu Yevon actually possesed Jecht in his Final Summoning form,(Braska's Final Aeon) causing him to become Sin. Yu Yevon was, along with the Fayths dreaming Jecht & Tidus. Once Yu Yevon was defeated, any of the Dreams would dissapear, or else Sin would just keep rebuilding itself. That's the reason that Sin always came back. I hoped I explained some things for you.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com