PDA

View Full Version : ...And Airline Food, What's Up With That?

Strider
11-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Maybe it's just a lack of good taste, but I think that airline cuisine gets a bad rap from civilians and comedians alike. I believe it's pretty decent. Always go with the chicken, since you can't go wrong with chicken. Ever.

So who agrees with me? Airline food isn't that bad, am I right?

Levian
11-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Nope it's not that bad. But go with chicken? You actually get a choice?
In Norway we have to eat what we get :p It's usually something nice though. I'm not picky...

Rainecloud
11-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I enjoyed my mashed potatoes at high altitude.

m4tt
11-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I've never really had a problem with airline food. It's been a while since I've had a flight that served food, but I remember it being good.

Silmaril
11-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I like Airline food. I eat very little of the main course but I love the little yummies around it. And I love the little jam and butter patties and wee little honey jars and the rolls of bread.

I travel a lot with my family.

theundeadhero
11-11-2004, 03:07 PM
I like airline food. Chicken however, I avoid as much as possible. Gossiping hens *begawk!*

Del Murder
11-12-2004, 01:44 AM
The food on the way to Korea was not that good.

Calliope
11-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Ask me on Tuesday :love:

Shlup
11-12-2004, 07:56 AM
I went with chicken last time and ended up trading with my boyfriend. It was alright food; not as good as it could've been for $500 a seat on the plane but whatever.

Calliope
11-12-2004, 07:59 AM
TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY! Well, Monday. MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!

Last time I traded my milk for the guy sitting next to me's orange juice. This time there will be no tetris, so I guess I will have to sit still and read quietly. Perhaps there will be an easter egg hunt! Perhaps Tender Branson will be on the aeroplane. aeroplane. airplane. grey. gray. oooh ooh! and it will be like going to the gym, but for my bag!

Shlup
11-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Don't make me have to sedate you until its time to leave. >_>

Calliope
11-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Actually, I was thinking of taking one of my extra drowsy antihistamines before I left, except I had enough trouble trying to find my connection last time, let alone while I'm falling over and giggling because there are yellow taxis. Wow, your security would probably just send me home. There goes that idea.

Yamaneko
11-12-2004, 08:21 AM
I just eat the peanuts.

escobert
11-12-2004, 08:28 AM
When I flew back from New Zealand I flew on quantis which was very nice :D good food:P:P:P

Rinoabella
11-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Plane food is so yum! And it comes in little packets and portions. One time I ate mine, my brother's and my Mum's :D

Mo-Nercy
11-12-2004, 08:42 AM
I flew with Air China back to Guangzhou, I loved the food.

'Course, I eat rice and chicken all the time. But when you're airborne, it's like a little game trying to keep it all from getting all over you.

Glendon
11-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Much :<3: for the peanuts and orange juice I had on a recent flight to New York. ;)

Miriel
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
You know when you go over to a friends house and eat food that's readily available at your own home and yet it still tastes better at your friend's place? Err...yeah that's kinda how I feel about airplane food. It's not that great, but something about eating on a plane makes it very enjoyable to me. :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Airplane food is nice but I would prefer that it came in much larger quantities.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-12-2004, 10:49 AM
better than hospital food....

Plane food=awesome

though ive only been to quantas....i love it!!!

Female Ryuichi
11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
The food on BA was pretty good when I was flying to and from Cyprus, but don't eat the cheese in the Greek salad. As for Air Berlin...it was either ham or cheese rolls :mad:. But it was only short haul, so whatever.

Levian
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey! There's a person who haven't flown before! Laugh at him! :lol:

Ouch!
11-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Years ago, when I lived over seas, we'd spend 30+ hours awake jumping from plane to plane to get back to the US to visit the rest of the family. The food was pretty good most of the time. For a while they started having simple things, like a bag that you grabbed walking into the plain that had something like a turkey sandwich, chips and a cookie. Those were great.

Now the airline companies don't seem to feed us more than a packet of pretzels and some soda. The pretzels are usually stale too. My vote: airline food sucks.

theundeadhero
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
It amuses me soooo much that I can sit in my chair and order just about anything I want to drink. Let's see, do I want some grape juice? No, how about some pepsi? I don't know. Wait, I know, I'll have some lemonade. I love it!

DMKA
11-12-2004, 04:40 PM
I LOVE airline food...yum. Drinks are teh best though. They had Sangria when I flew to Chicago. <3

Skogs
11-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Airline food stinks. Trust me, I've had a lot of it.

NashX
11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Hear, hear for free airline BEER!! ;)

Lunar Yuna
11-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Call me crazy, but actually the food isn't so bad. (or at leats, Delta-wise) However, I will offer this piece of advice:

STAY AWAY FROM THE PEANUTS!

Kirobaito
11-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I've only flown I've only flown 4 times in my life, by my count, but I've always like airline food.

Doomgaze
11-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Seinfeld:

He, I've always wondered what the purpose of those body sketch artists that work for the police were for. They're probably those people who like to draw, but have no artistic talent, so they joined the force
Hmmm......where's the difficulty in taking a chock and going around his body? And how does it help at all?

I can see the cops now "The victim's arm is pointing at 4 o'clock, so the killer must be JIM!

Meh, Peanuts are always good.

Or from his view, MS. MAGGIE SIMPSON!

Ryth
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I've been on a plane before but I was only like 2 last time I flew so I was most likely eating that Spinach crap or whatever the hell my parents fed me.

Peegee
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
It's good, but if you want 'normal' food, just ask

theundeadhero
11-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Obviously somewhere over the rainbow dreams come true. So my question is, if I fall asleep on an airplane and have a dream about giant corn cobs going to war against huge carrots while the cows go crazy and start eating people, will it come true?

The Captain
11-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Airline food is fine in small doses. It won't kill you, or wow you, but will just fill you up, unless you're in the movie "Airplane".

Take care all.

Peegee
11-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Do airplanes every play the movie 'Airplane'?

TUH I think we need to test your theory. I hope it comes true :D

Roogle
11-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Airplane food and food from catering services is by far the best food I've ever had aside from expensive restaurants.

Chibi Youkai
11-15-2004, 04:25 AM
British Airlines' food isn't bad, but when you're stuck on a 10 hour non-stop flight to England on the miliatary rotater (aka cattle cart) The food absolutely sucks. OR when you're on Frontier Airlines, and they offer either the vegitartian or the beef wraps, and they both tase like glue. Or when you're on Delta and they serve the sandwiches with the meat that's so old it's actually dried, with the bread being impossible to chew, or if your on Ryanair, ... The list goes on for quite a while. I really don't like airplane food, 'cept for British Airlines, which was actually really good.

Logan
11-15-2004, 04:50 AM
The last time I was on a plane, they gave me graham crackers and a little bag of pretzels. They announced to us that they would be serving a caesar salad so we were all happy and then they apologized and said they were stupid lying losers, so we just got pretzels and crackers. :(

But they were good crackers and pretzels!

Bomber
11-15-2004, 05:29 AM
Airline food is actually pretty good, if you're going for a long flight overseas. And snack food items aren't that bad either (for shorter trips); they just don't fill you up as much.

SetsuntaMew
11-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I didn't think airline food was that bad until I flew to San Francisco last February. That was the absolute worst ceaser saled I've ever had. I don't even know how they managed to mess up a saled, but they did. Bleeeeeeeh.

Mattokenzi
11-17-2004, 01:30 PM
the chicken is dry and the fish kind of lacks taste but the veiw is brillent "the sky, the sky it's pretty the blue sky the clouds" I'm not that keen on the airline food.

Dingo Jellybean
11-18-2004, 04:39 AM
I've always flown economy class and the food is ALWAYS good. It's such a poor stereotype from those rich bastards.

Chibi Youkai
11-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Lucky. I've had some pretty bad experiences with airline food.