PDA

View Full Version : Help in defeating Baralai!

The Chocobo Warrior
11-11-2004, 09:24 PM
How can i beat him!? I use a Black Mage to cast Thunderga(sp?) on him, a Warrior, and a White Mage to cure the party. I kick his butt some, but then, he gains the upper hand and kills the party! Plus, he takes away my MP so the Black Mage cannot cast anymore. :mad:
Should i use a Dark Knight instead? What can i do?

P.S. Does Bahamut appears immediatly after you beat Baralai? Does he run away like a sissy coward? (I'm sure he does) When you first fight Bahamut, do you have the same status you had when you finished fighting Baralai? Because i want to be able to save the game after Baralai and recover.

TheSpoonyBard
11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
You will have an oppurtunity to save after defeating Baralai. That is a good strategy, especially using the White Mage to constantly cure. However, if you are having MP troubles then Alchemist may be a better option if you have learned Mega-Potion. The Black Mage should have no problem with MP if you have learned MP Absorb, and Dark Knight is better than Warrior if you equip Sprint Shoes or some other Agility-enhancing accessory. Just take some time out to learn a few skills first. The battle with Baralai is the only oppurtunity you have to learn Drill Shot, which he will use after being attacked 10 times, so make sure someone is a Gun Mage at some point.

SeeDRankLou
11-11-2004, 09:50 PM
First, if you can beat Baralai you will have absolutely no problem beating Bahamut, trust me.

As for Baralai, get rid of the Black Mage, elemental attacks do nothing to him. And, Baralai has this annoying move that destroys your MP which he likes using, so form a strategy around not using MP. I haven't played this part of the game in a bit, but I would suggest having a Dark Knight, Warrior and Alchemist. Have the Dark Knight and Warrior attack, and the Alchemist heal (if you don't have the Alchemist dress sphere, replace it with White Mage). If you feel confident in your abilities and want all the girls to learn Drill Shot, then here's what you do (if not then skip this):

-Baralai will perform Drill Shot after the 10th time something has happened to him causing his HP to change. So, without killing him, you can attack-heal-attack-heal-attack-heal-attack-heal-attack-heal. On the tenth round (which should be a heal), whoever healed Baralai will get slapped with Drill Shot, and should she be wearing the Gun Mage dress sphere, she will learn Drill Shot (having most of her HP and Protect on her will help her live through it). Then the counter for ten HP changes starts over, and you can do it again.

Another thing to consider is that one of his moves also causes Stop on one of the girls, which can be a bit devastating, so you might want to either have accessories with Stopproof or one of the girls be in Thief dress sphere who has learned Stopproof. If not, use the Alchemist's Remedy for free or just use a Remedy. You can also steal a Charm Bangle from him, so go ahead and use the Thief when the battle begins. You can use a Songstress and use Darkness Dance on him, but having two attackers instead of one might be a better thing to do in this situation. If you want to get Drill Shot, you might want to use a Songstress until the 10th round so that Baralai only really hits you with Drill Shot.

So basically, don't use dress spheres that use MP, and use the Dark Knight, for she is all powerful.

Edit: D'oh.....well, you have two strategies now. :)

The Chocobo Warrior
11-11-2004, 10:04 PM
I see....

So....If i had 2 Dark Knights and one White Mage....That could spell certian doom to Baralai?

btw, I got the Dark Knight Dressphere before i fought the guy, so i didn't have a chance to utlize the girl's skills as Dark Knights.

Okay, I know i have to have White Mage in this battle (Rikku is the White Mage)

Should i have Yuna and Paine both be Dark Knights? Or should one of them be a Gun Mage and the other a Dark Knight?

If i follow that pattern you have, SeeDRanKLou, How will i be able to have the guy do the Drill Shot at the Gun Mage?

Um...When you said "heal", did you mean have the White Mage do "Pray" and raise all the party's HP? Or "Cure"?

SeeDRankLou
11-12-2004, 12:56 AM
"btw, I got the Dark Knight Dressphere before i fought the guy, so i didn't have a chance to utlize the girl's skills as Dark Knights. "
All you need is Darkness.

"Should i have Yuna and Paine both be Dark Knights? Or should one of them be a Gun Mage and the other a Dark Knight? "
Do what you will. You can always just sphere change in battle if you're not happy.

"If i follow that pattern you have, SeeDRanKLou, How will i be able to have the guy do the Drill Shot at the Gun Mage?

Um...When you said "heal", did you mean have the White Mage do "Pray" and raise all the party's HP? Or "Cure"?"
When I say "heal", I mean use something curative on Baralai. And to make sure the Gun Mage gets the Drill Shot, sphere change whatever character to Gun Mage and have her do the last healing, and she will get the Drill Shot.

The Chocobo Warrior
11-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Oh.
Um...I tried again with two Dark Knights and one White Mage. I kept doing the praying thing to boost up the HP, I kept attacking Baralai, but he killed me!

I checked the abilites for the Thief DS, but it does not have a "stopproof" deal.

Also, i want to get out of here and go back to the airship so as I can boost up the White Mage's HP, since she (who is Rikku) is around 800.

Um...Would it work even if i had Yuna, Paine, and Rikku all be Warriors and had thier HP higher than Baralai?

mun02041014
11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
hey have you tried using yuna's special dressphere to defeat baralai?
i've never beat baralai using normal dressspheres alone.

it also helps to be Lv 30+

The Chocobo Warrior
11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
I have Yuna's and Paine's special dressphere, only thing is, how can i get them to go on one of the Garment Grids??

emily52525
11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
If you have the "unerring path" garment grid put any dressphere on it. then, in battle, change dresspheres, after that push L1 then R1 for the girl who you made change dresspheres. Then, you will change into their special dressphere. (Hope it makes sense!) :)

The Chocobo Warrior
11-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Um....OH! Okay. So, I put Paine, Yuna, or Rikku in the Unearring path (It must have dress spheres in there) and when i fight Baralai, the chosen girl will change to their special dress sphere.

I sort of get it now, but....Do i have to put the special dresssphere in the Unearring Path grid? How do i do that?

Also, Does it work if...Lets say i had Yuna go on Unearring Path, and during the fight, Does she transform immediatly? Or do i have to pick a random dress sphere (Gunner, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief, ect.) and then she changes.

emily52525
11-13-2004, 11:56 AM
1. Equip a character with the "Unerring Path" garment grid. eg Yuna
2. Because you cant put special dresspheres on the garment grids you have to put normal dresspheres on it. (eg Warrior and Dark Night)
3. In battle, make Yuna swap dresspheres (eg from Warrior to Dark Night)
4. THEN press L1 then R1 on Yuna's turn, and she will automatically change into her special dressphere. ;) :D
Does it make sense now? Because i'm not too good at explaining things.

The Chocobo Warrior
11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks.

You know, the best stratagy of beating Baralai is using the Special Dress Sphere. I whipped his butt.

I'm now in Chapter 3, i have to go to the woods and fight off feins.

Some more questions.

A: I lost the Sphere Break game (I lost to random people, not the main champ), so i can't get the dresssphere. Is there any other way to get it?

B: I still have to clear O'aka's debt, since the guide said that i have to clear his debt before i do the mission in the Machiena (sp?) Woods (Where the Guados now live). Is there any place i can go to stock up on cash without ruining the story?

TheSpoonyBard
11-13-2004, 03:00 PM
A: Yes, I think you can get Lady Luck DS again in Chapter 5 if you challenge Shinra to a Sphere Break battle, but the odds of you winning are greatly reduced from that of the Sphere Break battles in Chapter 3. If you cannot beat regular people then I suggest you practise a lot, as Shrina is a very tough opponent.

B: You can fight anywhere that isn't marked as a hotspot, as it is only these missions that advance the storyline.

emily52525
11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Glad you finally beat him. You can also get loads of gil by going into Guadosalam (make sure you have 10,000 gil and save the game before) And go into that hotel place, if you ask the owner if he has any data, pay him the gil, and if the clue is "its the last person you'd expect, no question!" go outside the hotel go back in again and he will buy it off you for 100,000 gil, which will give you a profit of 90,000! If he doesn't give you that clue, turn the ps2 off and try again.

The Chocobo Warrior
11-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Okay. So, If i did random battles in Zanarkand (since i already did the Operation: Monkey" thing where you paired up monkeys to the ones that loves them.) It's not going to ruin the story, right? Because you go there later to talk to Issaru.