PDA

View Full Version : Method of shaving

Dingo Jellybean
11-13-2004, 01:24 AM
For guys(or some girls) who shave their face and for girls(or some guys) who shave their legs...electric or manual? Shaving cream or not?

I use a manual razor, the Schick Quattro. Very nice, four blades, and everything. It does a better job than the Gilette Mach 3, but not much better. I'm thinking of getting the new Mach3 Power(since I'm obsessed with the color green)...but the use of batteries for a manual razor might be a bit odd.

Yamaneko
11-13-2004, 01:27 AM
I use the Mach3. Since the strip has moisturizer on it sometimes I won't use shaving cream. If I don't shave for few days I'll use shaving cream, though.

DMKA
11-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Manual. Gilette Mach 3...its what the Navy makes you use...pretty nice razor, but I want an electric one.

theundeadhero
11-13-2004, 01:41 AM
I manually shave with a gillette sensor excell. I have to use shaving cream or it feels like I'm ripping my skin off. I shaved my legs once, lets not go there...

Chris
11-13-2004, 01:51 AM
I'm allergic to shaving cream; so I always shave with hot water only.

TasteyPies
11-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I shave with both. Hit it with Electric then do touch ups with razor. As for shaving cream...why? it just gets in the way. Water rulez.

Citizen Bleys
11-13-2004, 02:00 AM
I've been using a Phillishave electric razor, but I really only use it to tidy up my beard...it creeps up a little further than I like.

I've stopped shaving my neck, it's too much of a pain to keep it neat. It now takes me about 15 seconds to shave, including spraying oil into the razor

kikimm
11-13-2004, 02:37 AM
I only shave my legs (thanks) so when I do...it's manually, with...venus, or gilette. Although I'm allergic to practically everything I use. No matter what I do/use, I always end up with lots of little red bumps that itch really badly.

I used an electric one for awhile, but it's complete crap, in my opinion.

:D

fire_of_avalon
11-13-2004, 02:40 AM
I shave my legs and underarms manually, and use either the Gilette SensorExcel for Women or the whatever brand the Venus razor is, along with Skintimate (or comparable knock off depending on my poorness at the time) shave gel with vitamin E and aloe. Sometimes I wax, but only places I'm not talking about here and now.

Del Murder
11-13-2004, 05:15 AM
I use the Mach3. Since the strip has moisturizer on it sometimes I won't use shaving cream. If I don't shave for few days I'll use shaving cream, though.
The only difference is, I always wait a few days.

TheAbominatrix
11-13-2004, 05:23 AM
I shave manually, with a Venus razor (that thing is a God-send, I rarely, if ever, cut myself with it) and shaving cream. My legs are too sensitive to do otherwise.

Linus
11-13-2004, 05:51 AM
Gillette, Mach 3. Edge shaving cream. Gets the job done, you understand.

Behold the Void
11-13-2004, 05:56 AM
Some crappy no-name manual two-bladed razor with a bunch of equally inexpensive replacement blades that don't even have gel on them and no shaving cream, just water. I'm lazy and cheap like that.

m4tt
11-13-2004, 06:02 AM
gillette mach.. 3 I guess. It's the newer one with the battery in it that makes it do stuff? It works.

Linus
11-13-2004, 06:06 AM
That's the Mach 3 Power.

To the extreme.

Mo-Nercy
11-13-2004, 06:56 AM
I use a manual razor, the Schick Quattro. Very nice, four blades, and everything.
Damn straight.

No shaving cream for me. The Quattro's moisturiser strip does the job.

Necronopticous
11-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Gillette Mach 3 Turbo + Gillette Series Foaming Shaving Gel

Glory

DeBlayde
11-13-2004, 07:45 AM
my usual method of shaving is in a semi-concious state of mind, using soap since I'm too poor to waste money on something that cannot be eaten like shaving cream. I'll get a bit of a lather, take a swipe with my razor, swear cuz I just cut myself, another swipe, swear again because the razor is dull and is yanking my beard out not shaving it, et cetera et cetera. Then go a few days without shaving.

I get razor burn real bad. this whole shaving every day thing is a pain in the neck.

Necronopticous
11-13-2004, 08:00 AM
"Too poor for shaving cream" is always funny to me.

I buy foaming gel style shaving cream in this 8.4 oz can for under 2 measley dollars and it lasts me months. Doesn't even skim the surface of stupid expensive razor blades.

Skogs
11-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Manual with shaving cream, or soap if I'm in a hurry. I used to have an electric razor when I'd just started shaving - but it broke and I couldn't be bothered replacing it.

nik0tine
11-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I have one chin hair. I feel like im twelve.

Wuggly Blight
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I use an electric razer, its fast and saves me all the hassle.

Levian
11-13-2004, 11:56 AM
:greenie: :greenie: :greenie: I shave manually. I tried electrical once but it takes longer time and it doesn't get all the hair. :p Right now I'm growing a beard, but otherwise I'd shave every other day.

Meat Puppet
11-13-2004, 12:51 PM
I used to use Gillette Mach 3, but I can't afford refils, and the blunt blades give my pain :(

War Angel
11-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I use a chain-saw.

(and Mach3, and on very rare occasions, my trusty Phillishave)

Loony BoB
11-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Gillette Mach 3, Lynx shaving foam/cream/gel/whatever (it says gel, but it's in one of those foam-style cans) which is nearly finished and I have a Gillette one for once that's gone. I only shave my cheeks about once a week and my chin/moustache once every few months (when I get a haircut). I'm 20 years old and for the first time in my life I think I might actually need to shave my cheeks more than once a week. I'm such a babyface.

Oh, and I got a coupon for one free Quattro razor from FHM. The offer ends May next year so I'll definitely use it by then.

Roogle
11-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Gillette Mach 3 with the Gillette shaving cream. I'm not really sure how to shave that well, though.

Loony BoB
11-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Shaving's not really something that's difficult to pick up, is it? I've never cut myself or anything. Did anyone have their Dad teach them how to shave like all those TV shows? I just taught myself.

m4tt
11-13-2004, 04:07 PM
My dad taught me. :p

And I cut my neck everytime I shave. Stupid neck. Either it's the blade, or it's my neck that's messed up.

Dingo Jellybean
11-13-2004, 04:20 PM
My dad taught me. :p

And I cut my neck everytime I shave. Stupid neck. Either it's the blade, or it's my neck that's messed up.

It's probably your neck, we all know you're ridiculously hideous.

As for me, I've only cut myself maybe 5 times. The cuts are annoying as hell, I've had to put a bandaid on each time because the cuts were so severe...what's worst is that I didn't feel the cuts until after blood starting dropping on the floor and carpet and such.

Endless
11-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Wilkinson Diamond 3D Protector for me. I think my shaving cream is Mennen sensitive skin, but I'm not sure, and I can't be arsed to go check.

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2004, 05:00 PM
I use an electrical one. I am the guy who is always running late so this way I can shave on the ride to where ever. I have never used a manual and I don't really care to use them.

theundeadhero
11-13-2004, 08:25 PM
After my Dad noticed I was already shaving he showed me how, but it was too late. ...and Meh, I cut myself shaving like every other day. (I'm forced to shave everyday except Weekends, then I roam free like the buffallo. Right now me hairy like animal because I had Thursday and Friday off)

Loony BoB
11-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong because I don't cut myself. :p

Silmaril
11-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Shaving electrically = pain. but i do t anyway.

War Angel
11-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong because I don't cut myself.
No, I don't either. Something about the close proximity of a sharp blade near my face and neck makes me cautious.

gokufusionss1
11-14-2004, 07:42 PM
After my Dad noticed I was already shaving he showed me how, but it was too late. ...and Meh, I cut myself shaving like every other day. (I'm forced to shave everyday except Weekends, then I roam free like the buffallo. Right now me hairy like animal because I had Thursday and Friday off)

yes my dad watched me slowly cut myself to death then showed me how as well. I use a wilkinson quattro because it has four blades so it's mathmaticaly better than an electric razor.
r.

Wuggly Blight
11-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow, how much blood have you people lost, should'nt you be like legally dead by know?

Fate Fatale
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
I have one chin hair. I feel like im twelve.

I am 12....DIE!!! *stabs multiple times* ah... I feel better...