PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Blue Mages!

Ironman0723
11-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Take your pick! Who is the greatest Blue Mage?? Sorry If I leave anyone out.

Chris
11-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Quina of course.

Ironman0723
11-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Oop, for FF6, it says Stragos, when it should say Strago. Sorry, my mistake.

lmao, sorry I just realized a bunch of typos for FF5 too.

EDIT: 1. Don't double post.
2. Typos fixed. :D -Murder

TheSpoonyBard
11-13-2004, 09:27 PM
I voted for Quistis. Shockwave Pulsar just tipped her in my favour as I don't think any of the others can cause 5-digit damage. Plus she plays a key role in the storyline, whereas Quina is optional for the first 2 discs. Im sorry, but I cannot comment on anyone from FFV or VI as I havn't played them for any length of time as yet. As for Kimahri, well, he'd be of more use sitting on my sister's shelf with the rest of the stuffed toys.

Dragoon Kain
11-13-2004, 10:40 PM
definately quina

theundeadhero
11-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Kimahri would win in a real fight but I like Quina better.

JseanjohnC
11-14-2004, 02:28 AM
just an all around normal character that u cant help 2 like

Vivi Orunitia
11-14-2004, 02:50 AM
<html>Kimahri<src="n-kimahri">:magus:

MoonsEcho
11-14-2004, 03:13 AM
I like Quina and Kimahri best, but I voted Kimahri because he was one of my stronger characters o_o
I didn't use Quistis if I didn't have to, and it's been too long since I've played V & VI....

Ironman0723
11-14-2004, 04:50 AM
I voted Kimahri because out of all the choices, he was the one whose blue magic I used the most.

nik0tine
11-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Apparently I am the only one who likes the FFV Blue Mage the best. The others were all better characters but as a blue mage, the guys from FFV were definetly the best in my opinion.

Dark Matter
11-14-2004, 08:26 AM
I voted for Kimahri!!!!

Kimahri ~ It's pretty easy to learn all of the blue magics.
Quina ~ Before I cooked or ate the enemies, they'd already died ... It'll consume MP too ...
Quistis ~ I didn't have all the items to learn the magics ... :(

Zante
11-14-2004, 08:28 AM
I like Strago the best, he is the only blue mage whom I used a lot, and Quistis and Khimary aren't even realy ''mages'' in my opinion.

Del Murder
11-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Easiest choice ever. Quina!

Flashback007
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
I say Strago. I think Strago is a cool guy. An old man who joins on a quest to defeat an evil being. If I remember correctly all old mans in FF who join such a quest die (For example Galuf, Tellah etc) . Although Quina is also cool, I think Strago will kick her/his ass. And Kimarhi. I really think Kimarhi is not a good one.

Ryth
11-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I say Kimarhi because he's cool looking and not only can he be a blue mage he can be a blk mage, wht mage, thief or whatever you want him to be!

Remnant
11-22-2004, 04:07 AM
Dead heat between Quistis and Quina.

Quina cracks me up, but Quistis seems more dangerous, and is more interesting to me.

Of course, Quistis is restricted to limit breaks, so powerful moves like degenerator, etc., aren't as mechanically unreasonable.

Strago was hard- there were so many characters in FFVI that you had to pretty much either know what monsters would teach him spells and plan/hunt accordingly, or leave him in the party nearly all the time.

FF V Blue Mage... the comparison is hard, as it was such a mixed class system.

Can't say I've played X, so can't comment there.

I'll go with Quistis. 1) I find her character interesting 2) It can be tedious to get enemies to a low enough HP without killing them, and playing without a walkthrough pretty much means you have to eat everything. With Quistis, I can collect items and give her abilities later without worrying about it. Some items are hard to get, but it's not as frustrating.

Giga Guess
11-22-2004, 05:28 AM
Strago's the only one of that list I actively used, so...

mike without a hat
11-30-2004, 02:12 AM
i would say strago but just to add something there was an enemy skill materia in FF7 :)

Imperia
11-30-2004, 03:12 AM
I think Strago, because IMO, he had the best blue magic attacks.

robfinalfantasy
12-13-2004, 11:51 AM
i would say strago but just to add something there was an enemy skill materia in FF7 :)
And not to mention the FFX-2 has a gun mage (equivalent to a blue mage for those of you who haven't played it yet).

Crazy the Clown
12-13-2004, 12:49 PM
You forgot FFVII-Anyone with an E.Skill materia, so I chose Strago Magus, the old fart with the mohawk.

Macp
12-30-2004, 02:35 AM
I go with Quistis because she's hot.
Quina it's a weird character and Kimahri's ronso rage it's not very powerful.
Strago's Lore was good but I don't like him.
In FF5 anybody can be a blue mage.

Also remember the Enemy Skill from FF7.

Flamethrower
12-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Quina, easily. Loved him/her/it.

rubah
12-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Never bothered to use strago, and I didn't keep the blue mage as a job class for very long at all (other than learning stuff. mighty guard was so annoying@.@) in ff5. Didn't like kimarhi, so I didn't use him very often. and while quina is likable, quistis is just cooler. *shrugs*

quistis.

Alexander
12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Quina... I really like him (I just CAN'T see Quina as a woman x.x)

Garnet236
12-30-2004, 08:24 PM
I voted Quistis

Wolfmeister
12-31-2004, 04:24 PM
I voted for Quistis of course.

Degenerator, Micro Missiles, LV?Death, White Wind, Might Guard, Bad Breath, Shockwave Pulsar..... really interesting to be used often and often :D

DaggerFlux
01-01-2005, 12:06 AM
quistis coz her degenerator move was 'handy' to say the least when i was levelling up on the islands cloesest to heaven/hell

Mittopotahis
01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Quistis because..well..shes the best!

Chelsea
01-06-2005, 01:07 PM
i'm so disipointed kimahri isn't wining because i voted for him. who ever voted for anyone else but him is just plain cray!!.. :mad:

BG-57
01-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I like sharing Blue Magic with the entire party, so I voted FFV. I use E-skill from FFVII the most though.

BTW, do the Ultima and Zodiac spells from FFT count as Blue Magic? You have to get hit by them to learn them.

RedCydranth
01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I voted Quina only because the Enemy Skill Materia wasn't a choice. As far as Blue magic goes, the job/class/ability is rather weak in comparison to other ones in each game. VII is the only one in which I feel it plays a great use. For Kimahri's I only got all of the skills for completion, But I actually used Quina and its (no gender was given for the entire Gourmand race) abilities. FF8 had no need for Blue magic, especially with the emphasis on GFs. Only if you play GFless can Blue Magic be of use in 8. Strago had only a few Lore spells that were worth anything, but by by the time you get them you should have a few people with crazy magic from esper usage, making his abilities obscolete. FF5's Blue mage class is easily overshadowed by numerous other jobs, again, I only completed them for my personal satisfaction.

Touching base on Kimahri again, People who say they never used him are making a HUGE mistake. He's the character that can make the game really easy for you (not as much as Auron, but definitely a gamebreaker). With proper grid movements Kimahri quickly passes Wakka and Tidus in strength. Throw in the occasional usage of his Blue magic and he is a reall asset to your group. Another great advantage Kimahri has over the other "physical characters" (Lulu, Rikku and Yuna weren't too physical) is his early aquisition of potent status inflicting weapons. It isn't until much later you can get powerful status weapons for Wakka, Auron or Tidus. Lulu gets decent status weapons early, but who honestly attacks physically with the (arguably) 2nd best black mage in FF history (Vivi takes the 1st position).

BG-57, I guess technically it is because you learn it from enemies, but since FFT has no Blue Mage Class, sadly they do not count.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Quina!

Captain Maxx Power
01-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Quistis of course. O my lovely quistis, ye who holds the whip and wears the boots. Smite down thy competitors!

mythus
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
I voted for Strago.

Of all the games he is the only character that trully is a blue mage, and states himself as a blue mage. Though FF5 has blue mage trades, you easily change such trades, meaning no one was a permanent blue mage.

He was an old crazy man with a good heart. Very set on giving Realm a world to live in free from the evil.

Those who say his lores are hard to obtain, and there weren't many good lores just didn't know the best way to obtain them. Have Realm control the monsters and have them cast their special skills on Stragon. Having him equiped with that relic that prevents instant kill spells is helpful. The Vedlt was a great place to learn Lores as was Kefka's Tower of Doom. Lortes such as White Wind anmd Blow FIsh/1000 needles were definetly great.

kawakami Gensai
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Quistis is fairly good.

m4tt
01-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Kimahri just because I like him best.

Yuffie514
01-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Quistis, only because she could learn Griever's Shockwave Pulsar and Lv?Death.