PDA

View Full Version : Help with Emulator!

Ironman0723
11-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Sorry, I just need help with this. I mean, I don't have a technical problem, I'm just looking for an emulator or something that will allow me to record an image off a game that I am playing, for SNES. I know JNes does it, but thats for nintendo games, I need one for Super Nintendo. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Giga Guess
11-14-2004, 04:53 AM
I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong forums, but look up ZSNES. Works very well in my experience.

Ironman0723
11-14-2004, 05:17 AM
I have ZSNES, does it work? Would I be able to save a shot on the screen as a JPEG or a GIF or something?

Hawkeye
11-14-2004, 05:24 AM
znes is the way to go. you can snapshot images off znes, manipulate the game by speeding it up, and a whole bunch of other stuff. very good, absoululty recomend it. go to google and search for it. i think i new one came out just recently

Ironman0723
11-14-2004, 05:27 AM
I have version 1.36, and I can't figure out how to take a screenshot. I'll look for a newer version, thanks for the help!

Hawkeye
11-14-2004, 05:57 AM
i recently just unistalled zsnes. im wondering if there is any good ps1 emulators out there

Zante
11-14-2004, 08:35 AM
You could also take shots with printscreen.

im wondering if there is any good ps1 emulators out there

ePSXe (http://www.epsxe.com/)

crono_logical
11-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I used ZSNES to capture the frames of sprites for use in my avatars :D And a fairly old version too, since this was quite a long time ago I did that. If you hit F1 while it's emulating the game, it should pause and give you a list of options to choose from, including saving a screenshot to BMP or PNG image files, and a useful Advance 1 Frame option, good if you want to capture a sequence of frames :p

epsxe is the best for PS1 emulation, but it's also not easy to configure if you want it working great :p

Shoeberto
11-14-2004, 09:58 PM
With Zsnes, with the menu bar open, click on Misc and go to GUI Controls and you can define a key for screen capturing. All captures you make go into wherever your Zsnes is.

Hawkeye
11-14-2004, 10:15 PM
ok what is epsx? if i download it, do i have to have the actual cd? is it safe? more info plz (ive been to the site)

Samuraid
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
As with any PSX emulator, you need to have the actual game CD to play the game (either that or an ISO image of the CD)

You will also need a BIOS image to use most emulators...and the legality of such files is questionable (if you don't already own a playstation console).

Zante
11-15-2004, 03:46 PM
ok what is epsx? if i download it, do i have to have the actual cd? is it safe? more info plz (ive been to the site)

It can emulate most games for PS1, either from a image or a real cd (original and burned). Since I'm using it, I didn't experience any problems with it, so it should be safe. (You even don't have to instal it, just unpack the zip) The bios you can download here (http://www.emule-help.com/scph1001.bin) , just put it into the bios folder after downloading the emulator and run the configuration wizard.