PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Query - look immediately, it may be a matter of life or death!!!

Yamaneko
11-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Why are rocks all different sizes?

First off. Last time this was asked by one of my colleagues, and I got to say, the answers were much more inspiring. I'm terribly disappointed in all of you (except a few), and so I want you to practice so that next time I (or one of my associates) asks this question, the answers make me die from laughter.

Anyway, the following statements were made by your fellow Eyes On chums, and reflect their attitudes and beliefs towards different sized rocks.

Note: I'll reveal the authors' of the statements once everyone has had a chance to chime in.

Note2: No rocks were were smashed or skipped across ponds in the asking of this query.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Stuck it because I put effort into this and because I can. :cool:

Yamaneko
11-14-2004, 06:03 AM
1. Because back when giants ruled the earth, some were fatter than others. The fatter giants stepped on the earth, and made smaller chunks out of it, while the less fat giants stepped on the earth and didn't break them as much, leaving them bigger. Thus, rocks are different sizes.

2. All rocks are made by breaking apart of larger rocks through erosion or other things that break apart large rocks (see: Bleys's head). It all leads down to one giant mass of rock called planet Earth, or space debris deposited here by meteors and the Zerg. Since erosion and Bleys's head are uncontrollable enviromental factors, the breaking of larger rocks results in a totally random cleave of the larger rock and totally random scatter, during which, more breakage may occur. So in summary, it is through the Chaos Theory and environmental conditions that it's rare to ever find rocks of equal size.

Reading through the question again, I see that you might be wondering why there's a rock of every size and not why all rocks are of different sizes. In which case, the answer is void, since there is not rocks of all sizes. There is no universe shaped rocks, for example. Assuming there is nothing beyond the universe of course.

Penispienispenispenispenis

3. Lactation.

4. i dunno..Why are boys all muscles and little brain? :p

5. They aren't.

6. What rocks are we talking about?

7. Why are staplers symbolic of subservience?

8. Destiny.

9. Because of weathering and erosion, heat and pressure, burial and cementing, the rock cycle.

10. Because Stone Cold said so.

11. Well you see, when he whose name cannot be enunciated properly dictated the four oratories to the blisses he simultaneously disengaged the pleasure center of his belly, causing asymmetry in the void of contiguous thought. Albeit an oversight on his part, the blisses could not correctly ascertain the meaning behind his blathering and thusly misconstrued the monosedementary illusion. So, of course, they fought with their malcontent in a pool of molten segmentature which led to dissension within their progressively polycognative spleens. The long and short of it is that a snow flake is a snow flake is a snow flake. Consequentially, meta-matter dissolves into fetid petrifications.

I hope this helps! V(O_O)V

12. Because I made them that way.

13. I'll answer that tomorrow.

14. They were all part of a big rock but it broke.

15. Explosions are cooler with all sort of differnt size rocks flying every which way.

16. It's all a matter of probability... I think. Like rocks can come in any shape/size from miniscule to gargantuan, so the probability that any two are the same is really small... or something like that.

17. I didn't know that they were.

18. Let me tell you a story. It begins with the creation of France, in about 1992. One day, there was a giraffe, named Cyril. He liked to eat sticks, but that's not important. He was in France, and because there were no French people around yet, he was having a rather jolly time, running around all those cities with no-one around wanting to eat him. Then he exploded.

6 billion years ago all the rocks were going through their "I'm an indiviual!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTH POWER!" stage and so decided to be different sizes and not vote in order to fight the power. Those rocks, eh? Anyway, they were about to become the same size again when they learnt of Cyril's death. Then they didn't and everyone ate chicken 'til the sun set.

The End.

I hope that answers your question, Ivan sweetie ;)

19. >>> Dude, Im black orb, nobody PMs me or care about what I think...
There must be some mistake..:???:

20. Do I know you?

21. Because god hates you.

22. If they were the same size you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

23. Due to weathering, I think.

24. Magic.

That's the answer to all life's greatest questions.

25. erosion

26. Because God said 'Let all the rocks be different sizes', and it was done.

:love:

27. So that different sized pandas can sit on them!!

28. Its due to the way weather erodes them and their position in the wind

29. :???:

30. In my past years, I blamed India, but I'm over that now and I'm ready to move on. So should you.

31. Because of your mama.

32. I dunno...probably because the water goes down the drain clockwise in the southern hemisphere.

33. Yes.

34. Because different sized rocks serve different purposes.

Little tiny rocks are tiny so that they can slip into the cracks of one's nether regions whilst lounging on a sandy beach and big rocks are big in order to stick a person between it (the rock) and a hard place. Makes sense, no?

35. Almost all rocks on this planet were originally one rock; however, the reason in which they became an entirely different rock is always different.

36. Ah, I'd imagine it has something to do with erosion over vast periods of time.

Also, I have no idea where this is coming from or where it's going.

37. Because they have acummulated different masses due to age differences or the different circumstances in different parts of the world. Also, erosion may play a factor in the size of a rock. Hows that for an answer?

38. Because I like them that way.

39. Because you touch yourself at night.

40. You make me sad.

41. Why are you asking me this...BUH maybe erosion, natural forces, human interference, teddy bear inbredding. I DON'T KNOW ASIAN PRIDE

42. Rocks are all around us. They make up the backbones of hills and mountains and the foundations of plains and valleys. Beneath the soil you walk on and the deep layers of soft mud that cover the ocean basins is a basement of hard rock.

Rocks are made up mostly of crystals of different kinds of minerals, or broken pieces of crystals, or broken pieces of rocks. Some rocks are made of the shells of once-living animals, or of compressed pieces of plants.

We can learn something about the way a rock formed from by looking carefully at the evidence preserved inside. What a rock is made of, the shapes of the grains or crystals within the rock, and how the grains or crystals fit together all provide valuable clues to help us unlock the rock’s history hidden within.

43. To match the trees? =D Either that or radioactivity. -shrug-

44. Your mama.

45. Erosion? God?

46. Alright, you caught me! I've ditched more than half of my geology classes!

47. What the hell? Well its' cuz of volcanos exploding magma up above Earth's crust, over time erosion by wind/water/ etc changes their shape.

48. What the?

Rocks are different sizes due to the infinite variety of geological processes.

49. Because the ocean's waves put abrasions on them, and some people such as myself lick them, which is also abrasive though less so. I don't remember my complete answer but I'm sure this will suffice for research purposes.

50. I'd warrant the same reason people are all different sizes, because each is unique and important in its own little way. That, or, it makes them easier to differentiate from stones.

Take care.

51. Erosion

52. chaos: Because some rocks ate more broccoli than others :D

53. Cause that's how mother nature made them. They are different and special in their own ways!

54. Huh?
Well, it could be 'cause of erosion. Mabye also because they've been broken.

55. So people of all age and size can smash in Ug's head
:cool:

56. <s>Rocks are all different sizes because of different amounts of erosion.</s>

Because there is a little old gnome sitting on the tallest mountain of the land. He has lived there for hundreds of years making rocks and all of them different.

57. Because not all prisoners are artisticly inclined semetricly.

58. God likes variety.

59. Look into yourself for the answers. Blame yourself or God.

60. Why do no two snowflakes look alike?

61. Well, if you'd like the long answer, I can certainly go into that, however the short answer is simple: "Yes."

62. Because you touch yourself at night.

63. because when you throw them at things they break into many different sized pieces and the ones that are still in large pieces are the ones that the sky threw at the earth because it was making jokes about the sky's mother. these are the ones too heavy for humans to pick up, for example Mount Everest.

64. So that they may be used conveniently for different purposes as and when needed. :)

I have no clue. :)

65. I don't know.

66. They were made that way. By God. 6,000 years ago.

67. I'm not falling for this one again.

68. Is this something that Calliope wants an answer to? :)

69. Varying rates of erosion :p

70. Because they all used to be big rocks of the same size but they mutate into smaller differet sized rocks. Happy?

71. My sister is taking a geology class right now. She says it's because of lots of things, the most basic things being erosion and fault lines. She also says you need to be more specific, because there are LOTS of different kinds of rocks.

She also says that she can tell you why they're different colors, if you want to know.

I hope I helped. :)

72. BECAUSE GOD SAID SO :mad2:

73. There's a thing called erosion.

74. so different sized people can throw.

75. Because Jesus looked at the rocks one day and said "Oh man, I need some apples" and then this dude walked by and broke all the rocks and Jose was sad. Jos eis the guy who lives in Jesus' basement.

76. Because if they were all the same size, then soda pop would be made of cheese and the world would combust.

77. because you want them to be different sizes.

78. That's news to me. I thought all rocks were 4x4x4 inch cubes. Damn, I feel like I've been lied too.

79. Rocks are just part of larger <i>things</i> in life. They broke off of these larger things, and no two pieces can be exactly the same.

EDIT: Added a PM that was just sent to me.
EDIT2. And another.

Agent Proto
11-14-2004, 06:44 AM
52 seems pretty obvious. :D

And most of these make me kinda sad. Especially mine. Had I known what's the deal with that PM, I'd do a half-serious/joking response.

Del Murder
11-14-2004, 06:47 AM
I knew exactly what was going on, that sneaky little Russian.

Miriel
11-14-2004, 06:53 AM
See, I like the ones that don't answer the question. At all. Like 40 & 44 :)

18 made me sad, poor Cyril. :(

Awrini
11-14-2004, 06:54 AM
78. PURE INANITY!!!

You know if you think about it long enough, it almost makes sense.

Yamaneko
11-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Yeah, go ahead and answer if I didn't ask you before. Be more active next time, please. :p

44 is my favorite.

Loony BoB
11-14-2004, 08:43 AM
black orb gave the best response, I couldn't contain my laughter when I read that, that's hilarious. xD

RSL
11-14-2004, 01:14 PM
44 is my favorite.

That is a pretty good one.

Linus
11-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed number 21.

Baloki
11-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I really don't know which one is mine :confused:

Denmark
11-14-2004, 04:16 PM
I was curious about that PM. NOW I UNDERSTAND.

I personally think mine is one of the better ones, but definitely not the best. 'tis one of the humorous-ish ones, imho.

Erdrick Holmes
11-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Number 52 is the correct answer, damnit.

eestlinc
11-14-2004, 04:38 PM
I think mine is best.

Loony BoB
11-14-2004, 05:11 PM
I win the shortest answer side of things.

Strider
11-14-2004, 05:54 PM
I should've seen where that was going.

Lindy
11-14-2004, 06:14 PM
27 is Xander, obviously.

I was too lazy to reply, hence, I win.

Psychotic
11-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Is your name really Ivan or did I just make that up?

Yamaneko
11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
It is.

Now stop revealing your identities! :mad2:

Phil
11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
guess which one mine was- *hint* its torwards the end. The very last one is my personal favorite.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-15-2004, 02:42 AM
39 is obviously the best.

Logan
11-15-2004, 04:12 AM
I knew it was like the time Calliope asked me about a fox or a lamp or something, but once again I couldn't think of anything witty. Just stupid things. :(

Xander
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Aww, pandas on rocks. *happy*

Dingo Jellybean
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
10,31,and 74 are my favorites.

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I never suspected for a moment that it was anything but a random PM ><

Misfit
11-15-2004, 09:33 PM
44 is my favorite.

I enjoyed number 21.
*agrees* xD

Yamaneko
11-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I never suspected for a moment that it was anything but a random PM ><
And my "I love goat" remark wasn't random either, Mark my boy.

Citizen Bleys
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM
*sends more ninja*

Dixie
11-16-2004, 02:41 AM
I like #21.:)

Del Murder
11-16-2004, 02:59 AM
10 was the only one that made me laugh out loud. Well, that, and seeing 'because you touch yourself at night' on there a <i>second</i> time.

snakebite
11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
21 seems so true! :mad:

Fuzakeru
11-21-2004, 10:49 PM
19. >>> Dude, Im black orb, nobody PMs me or care about what I think...

That one is my favorite. I thought the same exact thing!! I was like, "WTF? Why is Yam-man PMing me? No one likes me."

Giggles
11-24-2004, 03:41 AM
I'VE BEEN STOLEN!

(this is Nicky not Abby. Stupid Computer.)

Trumpet Thief
11-24-2004, 03:50 AM
52 seems pretty obvious. :D

Rubedo: xD

Number 52 is the right anser dammit

chaos: :love:

xXFiReXx
11-24-2004, 06:24 AM

Rainecloud
11-24-2004, 07:35 AM
10. Because Stone Cold said so.

Number 10 is my personal favourite. :D

Endless
11-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Odd, I'm pretty sure I replied to you, but according to my sent PMs folder, it never happened. I clearly remember making up something geeky, though, so I blame it all on the admins and the server.

Yamaneko
11-25-2004, 03:03 AM
:shifty:

I'll reveal the mystery authors tomorrow.

RSL
11-30-2004, 12:05 AM
:tumble:

Yamaneko
11-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Yo' mama. :monster:

1. Giggles
2. Not At All Reno
3. Kishi
4. Ryoko Masaki
5. Spuuky
6. Rinoabella
7. princeofdarknez
8. Thunday Man
9. Dixie
10. Lord Chainsaw
11. chionos
12. Dingo Jellybean
13. Plushiebunny :love:
14. Carnage
15. ed
16. BatChao
17. Skogs
18. Psycho-guy-whatever
19. black orb
20. Misfit
21. Maxico
22. Spiff
23. Rye
24. Jebus
25. Flying Mullet
26. Female Ryuichi
27. Xander
28. Baloki
29. Divinity
30. Levian
31. War Angel
32. Mo-Nercy
33. BoB
34. Miriel
35. Roogle
36. Strider
37. nik0tine
38. Omecle
39. Skye-chan
40. Dr Unne
41. ShlupMoo
42. Necronopticous
43. Fuzakeru
44. RSL
45. Winged Sorceress
46. Shlup
47. noname
48. Samuraid
49. >>--heartshot--> ♥
50. The Captain
51. Garland
52. Trumpet Thief
53. Matty Pie!
54. Chibi Youkai
55. Meat Puppet
56. TasteyPies
57. DMKA
58. Cid
59. Hsu
60. Daryl
61. Kirobaito
62. Blue Headed Man
63. Denmark
64. Leeza
65. Mik
66. Doomy
67. Del
68. Leeza (ha! :D )
69. Farah
70. Joel
71. fire_of_avalon
72. The Man
73. Proto
74. Calliope
75. TheAbominatrix
76. Vincent06
77. eest
78. Doc Sark
79. CloudDragon

Psychotic
11-30-2004, 08:12 PM
18. Psycho-guy-whatever
I take back the part about you being a sweetie. More of a skanky ho, now. :grumble:

On a side note, look at how awesome that smiley is! He's having a schizophrenic episode, bless 'im. :love:

PS: It's PsychoGuy-Whatever. :)

Miriel
12-01-2004, 12:56 AM
RSL wins. :)

Yamaneko
12-03-2004, 04:53 AM
Time to kill this thing.

No one appreciates an artist's work. :(

nik0tine
12-03-2004, 06:12 AM
If you vote for me in the ciddies i just might start appreciating a certain artists work! ;)

Calliope
12-03-2004, 07:35 AM
*high five Leeza*