PDA

View Full Version : what system will square enix make more games for?

saint35
11-15-2004, 01:39 AM
either ps3 or revoultion

ps3

revolution

Chris
11-15-2004, 01:43 AM
http://dna.sprayblogg.no/images/playstation_3.jpg

theundeadhero
11-15-2004, 03:17 AM
What's a revolution? *Doesn't vote*

Samuraid
11-15-2004, 04:42 AM
What's a revolution? *Doesn't vote*

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/09/news_6100248.html

TheAbominatrix
11-15-2004, 04:53 AM
PS3. I dont see why they'd switch systems again.

DJZen
11-15-2004, 08:11 AM
If Nintendo got Squenix back on their side, that truly would be a revolution. I don't think Squenix is even ALLOWED to make games for a Nintendo console without Sony's say so.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2004, 02:58 PM
If Nintendo got Squenix back on their side, that truly would be a revolution. I don't think Squenix is even ALLOWED to make games for a Nintendo console without Sony's say so.

They are third party and can do whatever they want. Granted that sony owns like 5% of the company but that isn't enough to stop them from making games for someone else if they wanted to.

Ryth
11-15-2004, 09:05 PM
PS3 of course I mean that's what Square has been doing we might get one Nintendo FF like Crystal Chronicles but a majority will be on the Sony console and of course it won't ever be on the Xenon (Microsoft system) (OR WILL IT???)!

DJZen
11-16-2004, 07:12 AM
Phantom *giggles uncontrolably*

Wuggly Blight
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
PS3 will almost get primary rights, as PS3 was far better to them then Nintendo and the PS3 is far more popular, they dont have a reason to change really, besides when they developed on the snes nintendo was arses to them, why on earth would they go back?

Behold the Void
11-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Revolution'll probably get some titles but PS3 will get most of 'em.

DJZen
11-17-2004, 07:24 AM
PS3 will almost get primary rights, as PS3 was far better to them then Nintendo and the PS3 is far more popular, they dont have a reason to change really, besides when they developed on the snes nintendo was arses to them, why on earth would they go back?

PS3 wasn't better to anyone....

Yah, bad joke, I know, sorry....

Sony WAS better to Square than Nintendo was, but you've got to consider two things. First, the climate of gaming has changed. Nintendo now allows all sorts of potty mouth and gore in games. They didn't during.... say.... 1994 (a decade ago, you'll notice) because they didn't want to wind up in legal trouble or just get a bad reputation as a filth peddler. Another thing is that when Nintendo decided to make the N64, they shot themselves in the foot and made the machine cartridge based. This is really what caused Square to jump consoles more than anything. The gamecube is specs-wise a better system than the PS2, but the PS2 is more popular since everyone's still got a bad taste in their mouth from the N64. And there's this ridiculous notion that a small percentage of gamers have that Nintendo makes games for kids while games on PS2 are more mature.

Probably what's on Squenix's mind is "which system looks like it's gonna do better?" If Nintendo manages to save their public image and scrap its way back to the top, Squenix may go with them, but it's likely that people will be more interested in the PS3.

Crazy the Clown
12-13-2004, 04:04 AM
Let's hope that the Revolution is backwards compatible like the PS2 is. That way, you could play Super Smash Bros. Melee on it.

Sefie1999AD
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
PS3 wasn't better to anyone....

Yah, bad joke, I know, sorry....

Sony WAS better to Square than Nintendo was, but you've got to consider two things. First, the climate of gaming has changed. Nintendo now allows all sorts of potty mouth and gore in games. They didn't during.... say.... 1994 (a decade ago, you'll notice) because they didn't want to wind up in legal trouble or just get a bad reputation as a filth peddler. Another thing is that when Nintendo decided to make the N64, they shot themselves in the foot and made the machine cartridge based. This is really what caused Square to jump consoles more than anything. The gamecube is specs-wise a better system than the PS2, but the PS2 is more popular since everyone's still got a bad taste in their mouth from the N64. And there's this ridiculous notion that a small percentage of gamers have that Nintendo makes games for kids while games on PS2 are more mature.

Probably what's on Squenix's mind is "which system looks like it's gonna do better?" If Nintendo manages to save their public image and scrap its way back to the top, Squenix may go with them, but it's likely that people will be more interested in the PS3.

PS2 and PS3 sounds like the system where Square Enix will make their games in the near future, though they might be using DS and GC as well, and especially GBA. See FF Tactics Advance, FF Dawn of Souls and KH Chain of Memories. Square Enix's co-operation with Nintendo has increased lately again. However, I'm not blaming good old Squaresoft for leaving Nintendo and avoiding them for a decade. After all, Nintendo screwed Square in every way they could. FF1 got a bit watered down, FF2j and FF3j never made it outside Japan until a few years ago (FF3j still hasn't), FF4 was watered down story- and gameplay-wise so much that it's not even funny. I'd actually go so far and say that FF"2" USA was a perfect example of how Nintendo can totally ruin a good game. FF5 wasn't released outside Japan until a choppy PSX conversion, and FF6 was somewhat watered down. In addition, I don't think Nintendo allowed any FF to be released in Europe, since IIRC, Final Fantasy VII is the first FF we Europeans got. :mad:

I think Square Enix should do like many companies do, and release the game on multiple platforms, such as PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and probably PC. Usually the conversions aren't all that bad, especially if the programmers spend some time with the programming and don't do totally direct ports (FF4-6 got pretty bad SNES to PSX conversions, and FF7-8 got bad PSX to PC conversions, but FF1 and FF2 were remade nicely for WSC and PSX, and I've heard FFXI's PC version is also quite fine). Of course, this costs more, but it will get more players since not everyone has all the gaming platforms. I've never played FFCC because I don't have a GameCube. Let's hope Square Enix does wise solutions with their platform choices in the future.

Mirage
12-31-2004, 01:37 PM
FF8 got a somewhat decent PC poirt really. All CG videos re-rendered in twice the resolution. Smoothed backgrounds, Direct3D support and good sound.
FF7's port was just bad. The grammar was fixed a bit, but that's about it. No Direct3D support, meaning only a few select cards can make use of 3D accelleration. It didn't look like they had done much except for recompiling it for win32.

Yuffie514
01-08-2005, 02:15 AM
it's just my opinion, but i hope there won't be one for X-Box. all this hopping around is making me crazy! :shoot: