PDA

View Full Version : Mikami gets demoted from Capcom...

Chzn8r
11-15-2004, 05:26 AM
http://www.rehorror.net/index.php

Basically, since he supported fervently the (money losing) exclusive deals with Gamecube (like Resident Evil 4) and fervently opposed the PS2 port, he's been demoted, and will either quit or be fired.

:cry:

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2004, 06:29 AM
The whole situation is pretty bad on both sides.

Gamecube is a money loser so you have to have a port of one of your biggest games. At the same time they should have left some of the smaller titles exclusive such as viewtiful joe.

He will probably quite and form his own studio as all of these big influential people do. If he promises to keep things exclusive to nintendo or what ever system he does stuff for then he will get finicial help from said company.

Only time will tell.

BatChao
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I think it's strange they'd never let him direct a project again... I mean, sure, so he defended the Cube and that led to some finiancial losses, but the games he puts are are usually golden... This guy is talented, so they should maybe give him less say on business decisions or something.

But anyway, I think ed's right when he says that Mikami will probably break from Capcom to form his own development team.

Chzn8r
11-15-2004, 10:40 PM
But anyway, I think ed's right when he says that Mikami will probably break from Capcom to form his own development team.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Super Christ
11-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Too bad he almost certainly won't be taking the rights to Resident Evil with him. Outbreak was ok, but the main series was awesome.

And now that I may have made a fool out of myself, he's the director of the whole 0-4 series plus Code Veronica, right? Pretty sure that's the case.