PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Brake?

KentaRawr!
11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Anyone know if Square is going to make a sequel to Chrono Trigger? the only name I heard of was Chrono Brake. ....and chrono snap crackle pop. >_> (a joke, in a topic created a while ago, someone said something similar to that)

Chrono Trigger was awsome! Chrono cross wasn't that great of a sequel, though. >_<

If they do make a sequel... I want it to be in 2D, I just like 2D graphics better than 3D for some reason.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Chrono Break/Brake is like a bridge to the moon.

Master.Pug
11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Chrono Break/Brake is like a bridge to the moon.

... well said my friend ;)
CB is a rumor --> rumors are lies --> don't worry about ist

TheAbominatrix
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Actually Chrono Break had some truth to it, in the fact that Square registered the name in America for copyright/trademark purposes. However, they let it expire, so it seems any Chrono project is null and void now.

Wuggly Blight
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Chrono break was registered to square, they was going to make a sequal but Chrono Break has been cancelled.

KentaRawr!
11-17-2004, 03:28 PM
>_< curses!

Necronopticous
11-17-2004, 03:59 PM
You're all wrong, Chrono Break expired but Chrono Brake is still registered.

Captain Maxx Power
11-17-2004, 04:01 PM
"Take the Chrono Brake to the top of Mt. Doom, and stop the Car of Time" :rolleyes2

KentaRawr!
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM

Yay! where did you get this info? can you send me a link to the web page? ^_^

TheAbominatrix
11-18-2004, 12:28 AM

I wasnt aware Brake was ever registered in the first place. Where'd you get this information?

Necronopticous
11-18-2004, 01:06 AM
I hope someone else has a source, I'm just basing this off of hearing it a few times from different sources, been awhile since I heard anything and I don't know if any of it was official. I'd like to think it was =( You guys had to have heard about this right? I mean for awhile there I saw it all over the place, even on this board a couple times if I remember right.

Edit:: Here just searching it right away I found a reference:

Chrono Brake is supposedly and 4th game in the Chrono series. As of right now, absolutly nothing is confirmed about the game. Square has yet to even officialy announce it. Rumors for it started when, on December 5, 2001, Square registered the tradmarks for the names "Chrono Break" in the US and "Chrono Brake" in Japan. As of January 10, 2004 the game publisher let go of it's US trademark for the name "Chrono Break". It would now seem very unlikely that they are still planning on making the game. Interestingly though, they're still holding on to their Japanese trademark for the name "Chrono Brake".

http://www.rpgplanet.com/chrono/cb_index.shtml

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Backed up by an actual reputable (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=527) source.

Karsh
12-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Based on everything I've read about Chrono Break, it was in the works, but was cancelled and it's doubtful that the work will ever be finished. Buggar! It's a shame too, 'cause I've heard that it was to have characters from both Trigger and Cross.

BudSoda02
12-06-2004, 03:18 PM
All you have to do is have a new game plus & have Serge defeat the Final Boss (I can't remember his name. Devourer of time maybe?) by himself, & just go talk to the various Characters around & they should drop something about Chrono Break.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com