PDA

View Full Version : Raimbroy's Grocery, R.I.P.

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 08:12 PM
There once was this wonderful store in South San d'Oria called Raimbroy's Grocery. I could get Cinnamon, Maple Sugar, Rock Salt, Faerie Apples, La Theine Cabbage, and San d'Orian carrots there...which basically means that all I needed to do to make pies was craft my own pie crust (can get San d'Orian Flour and Selbina Milk from Phamelise, just got to get rock salt and ice and water crystals) and buy the eggs from the Airport shop in Port San d'Oria.

Recently, Cinnamon disappeared from Raimbroy's inventory. That's fine, I could still craft pies at a profit buying them from the AH, and there was still lots of other goodies I could use for crafting.

Yesterday, after the tally results, all I can get from Raimbroy's is Rock Salt and San d'Orian carrots. It's become a useless crap shop that even the regional merchants put to shame, regardless of the fact that you can't count on them with the conquest results changing every week.

Now, I have a theory that the selection in Raimbroy's is bound to conquest results, and I had such good luck with them in the past because San d'Oria was #1 in conquest results for many, many weeks running. It's not precise, because I could get La Theine Cabbage even in weeks when Basuck controlled the Zulkheim region, but perhaps tied to the total number of regions San d'Oria controlled...?

With that in mind, I took an airship to Windurst (since they're now #1 and Sandy is #3), but I was unable to find a grocery store of any worth in Windurst. I certainly can't find an NPC that sells cinnamon. In this, even allakhazam has been supremely unhelpful.

If I have to buy *everything* from the AH, there's no possible way I can make a profit crafting pies, since they sell for so little on Alexander...plus, half the time, the food ingredient selection in any AH is nonexistent (I'm ready to start crafting Pear Au Lait, but there's not a single Derfland Pear to be had in Basuck, Sandy, OR Windy)

So I look to you, my fellow players of other servers, for help. Surely on your servers Basuck and Windurst have been #1 for consecutive weeks...do you know of a grocery store in your town that's worth taking a big, slimy dump on, or has the effective closure of Raimbroy's ended my career as a crafter?

Lionx
11-16-2004, 02:11 AM
No idea..i dont craft cooking so i use my black market aka Selbina for Cloth >>

Um i would try the taru near the WW in Waters...or you can ask a few in the restaurant or maybe even the cooking guild. Windurst NPCs are kinda scattered and not that apparent as Bastok =/ Maybe just talk to everyone ><

Miriel
11-16-2004, 04:24 AM
Kopopo? (http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=1422)

Citizen Bleys
11-16-2004, 04:35 AM
Kopopo sucks, they're always out of stock, and they're closed on Darksday, which is my biggest crafting day.

Plus, she doesn't have any @#$% Derfland Pears or Cinnamon.

Ichy
11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I realise you don't want to have to go to the AH to get your ingredients, however keep an eye out for Cinnamon there on or around Firesday, as it is a byproduct (or lesser result) of growing Fire Ores. I tend to get roughly 20 stacks or so each yield, and that's just from my one character. If many people get the same result or the same day (which they do), then the price usually drops a fair amount right about then.

Doomgaze
11-18-2004, 06:02 AM
So, wait. FF11 is a PIE SIMULATION?

Why is this not in the ads? That's a major selling point.

Lionx
11-18-2004, 07:15 AM
If its not there i have no idea, i guess its just ever more reason why you need sandorian EFs to get land then. >.<